The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My ABS died... A year after.. MY ABS RAISED FROM THE DEAD!!!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Rasko Da Gama

My ABS died... A year after.. MY ABS RAISED FROM THE DEAD!!!

I've just found out that my antiblock brake system (ABS) is broke... It was snowing last night and when I drove to work this morning I had to brake suddenly but... the car just went forward... (aaaaaaaaaa!!!) :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Damn... I posted a topic not long ago, when I was asking if anybody knows what means that light which was on... We figure it out that it is probably handbrake, but now I see, that I have more sirious problem. Any ideas how much it wil cost me? Could it be sensor, ECU, or some kind of "mechanical" problem...?

Thanks!

u sure ur ABS died and that u weren't just slipping on the ice? ur brakes are useless if u get no traction

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Rasko Da Gama
    I am pretty sure... the brakes are working just fine on normal surface. I've changed front brake pads 2 months ago... And even before I remeber when I was riding on slipery surface the ABS was working just fine - I felt that... I can tell... I allready aranged a date at the mechanic - on moday they will do some tests and see wath's wrong...
    :cry:

TGC Regular
    ice is slippery even with abs. it may stop one day on ice but not always the next.

Rasko Da Gama
    So why the hell I steel have that light on? I hate that sight on to my "kokpit" when any light is on!! :evil:
    Now in the afternoon we had all day sunsine and on some spots the road got completely dry... so... I tried on completely dry street... and... all of my wheels were blocked when I pushed hard on that brake at 70km/ph! It never hapened before,... so I steel may be thinking that my ABS "died"! But I am gong to raise it from the dead.
    :idea:

p.s. and it wasn't ice but just like wet and melthy

TGC Regular
    hmm. maybe it is dead or just not working right. i dont know. my brakes have been a little funny lately but i dont have ABS. hope it works out for u though.

ken inn
    dunno about your car, but the vr4 has 2 channel abs, and it is very crude. if your car has 2 channel abs, i would just disable it. besides, abs will not work on ice. in all the years and miles i have had my vr4, i have only had the abs come one once.

bongi
    have 1988 mitsu galant sigma with 194,000 miles, abs works fine all the time, abs lighted a few times restarted the car the light went off, works fine though. check fusible link sometimes it is wired with some other accessory/part that you just have to replace the fusible link. one time brake fluid was leaking from the abs pump, abs light never went on, replaced the o-ring on the leaking part and tightened the bolt where it was leaking and never gave me any headaches. if you are braking fine(locking) then air in the system is not an issue.

Rasko Da Gama
    Mechanic found out that the main ABS unit is not working, he said that the main hidraulic valve in it is dead... Therefore I deicided that I will simply put out the ABS "light" that is "on" all the time.
    Besides I must pay for new "alternator" wich is really bad now, the "power" light of "acumulator" turns one sometimes. So, my car is at the mechanic right now, I'm picking it up tomorow or the day after...

Anyway I will sell this car as soon as I can, becouse I've found a myself that beautiful "dark red" 1990 Galant GTi 16V (with 4g63 DOHC in it, AWD, AWS and Airconditioning)... I might get a good deal out of this...

I'll keep you all up with this...
    Thanks...

TGC Regular
    what is the galant u have now?

Rasko Da Gama
    Now I have 1991 GLSi with:
    2.0L SOHC 8valve AWD (without AWS and AC). 110HP (80kW)
    Colour - White
    Mufler - oval "Powerfull"
    Rims - ALUSTAR 7.5 x 16" (5 - sticks)
    Tires on them - Falken 205/50/16
    Music - Factory default, except Philips CD-Player
    Electric package etc...

Anyway: I NEED TO GET THAT "GTi 16V" :shock:

Rasko Da Gama
    My ABS raised from the dead :shock: But I didn't do nothing!!! It just started working after almost a year Funny, funnyy... maybe just some contacts were bad, but now they are goodd... I don't know but is some pretty funny shit!
    Can you beleve that??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I now I can't but MY ABS RAISED FROM THE DEAD!!! :shock: