The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fixing the Manual Swap Codes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 61
    You are here entirely tooo much!!
    werd, a myth

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    Umm...wasnt it the DE model that came with the Manual Transmission option? I couldve sworn i read that here on these boards years ago. My bad.

Those who are using ECUflash... It would be nice if some could figure out our periphery settings, just like the EVO guys. I played around with it a little bit, but all I achieved was turning off all the codes.

i use ScanTech to turn off my codes, but they always come back after about 50 miles :(

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by run1206 View Post
    i use ScanTech to turn off my codes, but they always come back after about 50 miles :(
    It's a different thing, it's not just clearing the code, it's disabling the test itself in the ECU. Read up on periphery settings on evolutionm, simply because it's going to make a lot more sense than me trying to describe it.

So disabling the test eliminates the codes, but as for emissions the ecu wouldnt be readable right?

Quote Originally Posted by blkg01 View Post
    So disabling the test eliminates the codes, but as for emissions the ecu wouldnt be readable right?
    Why wouldn't it be? The transmission has nothing to do with emission.

yea and I thought that the emissions place would think that as well but they try to say
    Otherwise. I'm trying to decide how I should go about deleting my codes from my 5 SPD swap to pass emissions.

has anyone tried the resistors?? they seem to be solenoid feedback so try to use resistors to get rid of the codes and check... theres probably never gonna be a periphery bit found for disabling a tranny... on our ecu no one cares so your gonna have to swap ecus or figure out what combination of resistors or electronics will solve ur problem...
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

GOOSEY's tried, he gets 4 out of 5 codes gone but on the 5th one, a fire breaks out on the resistor :(

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

Len if have the correct pin locations for the 2 ecu's i could help you do the swap... if the resisters dont work.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

yea and I thought that the emissions place would think that as well but they try to say
    Otherwise. I'm trying to decide how I should go about deleting my codes from my 5 SPD swap to pass emissions.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never been through a state exam so please bare with me. But let me put it this way. Let's say you disable the shifter solenoid and TQ tests in the ECU so you don't have the SES light on. You'll still be able to perform and pass the EGR, EVAP, cat, etc tests. Isn't that all they look at?

maybe its too low of a wattage resistor then -- u know what that one controls???
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    maybe its too low of a wattage resistor then -- u know what that one controls???
    just got off the phone with GOOSEY a few seconds ago; he said it could be any combination of the first 4 codes. it's always the 5th resistor that doesn't work. could be one of the solenoids, or the torque converter code as well. Suggested to do either the EVO ecu swap or the dual ecu approach.
    Last edited by run1206; 03-24-2009 at 09:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never been through a state exam so please bare with me. But let me put it this way. Let's say you disable the shifter solenoid and TQ tests in the ECU so you don't have the SES light on. You'll still be able to perform and pass the EGR, EVAP, cat, etc tests. Isn't that all they look at?
    ok that was my bad for misunderstanding and yes thats all they test for. Its just that they dont pass if the "Check Light" is on in general. You said that u played around and eliminated the codes by disabling the test. How would i do this ( tactrix and ecuflash)? Im getting desperate because emissions is coming up in April and im about to just go and do the 2000 ecu swap. I may just make a WTB post for an ecu and immobilizer.

Question to all: When doing the 2000 ecu swap is it necessary to get the immobilizer? and if so when i take it to the dealership all they do is reinitialize it rite?
    Last edited by blkg01; 03-25-2009 at 08:51 AM

You said that u played around and eliminated the codes by disabling the test. How would i do this ( tactrix and ecuflash)?
    I was just shooting in the dark, so I'd rather not post something like that. The change I tried turned off a lot more things then just the trans codes, so it wouldn't help you anyway. I just reverted back. There is a good amount of info on evolutionm.net that gives you a general idea what's being done, but right know I have no idea which bit would represent the tq/shifter solenoid dtc's in my ecu.

And yes, with the ecu you'll need the matching immob, unless you have it completely disabled.
    Last edited by gtx; 03-26-2009 at 01:06 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    idk if this has been talked about, but wouldn't the 02-up Eclipse M/T ECU and harness work with no code?? I have an 00 so I wont have a problem with CEL's after the swap and Im going to run the EVO ECU when I turbo anyway, but I am really curious as to waht the fix could be for the 02+ CEL's after the five-speed swap.
    How different are the pinouts between the 03 galant ecu and a 03 m/t eclipse ecu? Couldent I just swap the two out, they shouldent be all that different.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

i don't think there is any difference between those two, not sure though.
    might have to research that to verify.

There is all the difference in the world.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

i haven't seen the pinouts for the eclipse ECU yet, only the evo ecu, hope someone can display some for others with that ecu
    Last edited by run1206; 07-22-2009 at 09:41 AM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast