The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fixing the Manual Swap Codes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 61
    evo and eclipse are the same....
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member
    so evo 8 and 03 eclipse m/t ecu are the same? If so then why hasnt everyone gone the cheap route and bought the eclipse ecu instead of the evo. Just tryin to get this figured out cause im an 03 and have a trans sitting in my garage, but want to wait till after emissions to swap cuz of the codes it throws.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

cause an evo ecu is alot easier to obtain then an eclipse one. and the processors aren't exactly the same yet close enough.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member
    Ok well I got an 03 eclipse in the junkyard that I pulled the trans out of, would it be worth it to just get the ecu out of as well?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member
    also, since you were saying it is almost identical to the evo 8 ecu. Would I be able to tune it the same way I would if it were the evo ecu because I plan on turboing the car later on after I do some much needed maintenance

Experienced TGC Member
    ?

bertune over at evom.net should be selling evo 8 ECUs at around $160 shipped; it's where i got mine. i haven't searched for eclipse ECU info yet. i'd figure pull out the eclipse ECU and give it a try. if that doesn't work, many over at evom.net are parting out cars and may sell an ECU here and there. Good luck.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Does it have to be a ecu from a 2000 eclipse, or could it work from any 3rd gen eclipse 2000-2005. I have a 2003 galant es and plan on buying a standard eclipse gs for the swap, so could I just use the ecu if its not a 2000?

You can use the ECU from a 3G, which consists from 2000 to 2005. Do you live in a county, city, or state with no inspections?

Experienced TGC Member
    GOOSEY...curious which resistor was giving you the problems? I see that 4 of the 5 codes were eliminated with the resistor "fix" but the 5th kept giving issues. Care to specifiy for us if it was the TC solenoid or one of the shift solenoids?

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Can somebody clear up the process of how one does the evo8ECU swap? I wish we had a tutorial but from what ive read it seems as though all that is necessary to perform it is to buy the ecu itself, buy the conversion harness, remove the old one, and plug all the new stuff in?

What else am I missing here??

Quote Originally Posted by g-ride View Post
    Can somebody clear up the process of how one does the evo8ECU swap? I wish we had a tutorial but from what ive read it seems as though all that is necessary to perform it is to buy the ecu itself, buy the conversion harness, remove the old one, and plug all the new stuff in?

What else am I missing here??
    It should be like that, but many times Boomslang screws up the pin locations on the harnesses. I have all the parts and even though I'm only using the direct harnesses (not using the auto ecu side since i'm manual now). I still have to get more wires. No-one wrote a full out tutorial but johnathansgalant did the conversion by hand and wrote the pin combinations, search for his threads; you'll see what pins go where in those threads (harness or not). Check Road Race Engineering and club3G for the diagrams comparing the Galant/Eclipse ECU pins and the EVO 8 ECU.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

okay, i guess ill order the boomslang and see what happens, is there a particular evo ecu i need? im manual so i guess ill need one from a manual evo correct, how do i differentiate them when i order?

Call them and ask if they can make a custom harness: Direct Galant harness to Evo ECU (without the Y extension for the Galant Auto ECU).
    You would need a 2003 or 2004 ECU (both or EVO 8). Not sure how to differentiate but on those ECUs you can "delete" the codes with some modifications (can't remember the exact process how though).

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g-ride View Post
    okay, i guess ill order the boomslang and see what happens, is there a particular evo ecu i need? im manual so i guess ill need one from a manual evo correct, how do i differentiate them when i order?
    Just ask or tell them that your looking for an Evo 8 ECU. Make sure they understand that the ECU has to be from a Lancer Evolution a 2.0l Turbocharged motor. Cuz some people get confused, also all Evo 8 cars ECU have the same part number. Go to car-parts.com and you will find one for a good price, and all Evo 8 are m/t

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

okay so i have put this off unfortunately and my emissions are coming up in a couple weeks and i need to fix this soon, i happened to come upon an ecu from a 2000 galant and figured id just hook this up to get pass the test.

Can somebody tell me the process of how I can install this bad boy? plug and play? do i need a harness? do i have to go to a dealership?? somebody help haha

Experienced TGC Member
    Contact SPD_FRK he has a conversion harness from a galant to evo ecu. Purchase that and the EVO ECU load the galant/eclipse rom and you will no longer have the trans codes.

Id say its possible to disable the codes with EVo scan
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

People chilll out I GOT THIS. LOL
    I'm going to have a lot of time playing with the dam 02-03 ECU since I’m going 5 speed and going to try to tune it somehow. I have the definition "xml" and rom for the 02-03 ROMS. I already see all the tables and injectors scaling and so on. I need to see if the ecu is flashable. Going to test write in to it. But I need a backup just in case it gets stupid. And yes if is flashable we could find the memory block and make a periphery to disable the codes. for people with 02-03 ecus the speedometer is not working and this is due that our harness dont come with the speed sensor, SO, Need to find out about that. i have a idea but i dont know if is going to work.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    People chilll out I GOT THIS. LOL
    I'm going to have a lot of time playing with the dam 02-03 ECU since I’m going 5 speed and going to try to tune it somehow. I have the definition "xml" and rom for the 02-03 ROMS. I already see all the tables and injectors scaling and so on. I need to see if the ecu is flashable. Going to test write in to it. But I need a backup just in case it gets stupid. And yes if is flashable we could find the memory block and make a periphery to disable the codes. for people with 02-03 ecus the speedometer is not working and this is due that our harness dont come with the speed sensor, SO, Need to find out about that. i have a idea but i dont know if is going to work.
    02-03 Galant ECU is flashable, and johnathansgalant has the fix for the speedo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast