The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G V6 Turbo Kits

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45

8G V6 Turbo Kits

I just wanted to give you guys a sneak peak of another project I'm working on. This is a prototype kit that is going on my car for testing.

The downpipe is 2.5". I want to prove a point that you can make good power on this sized downpipe. The turbo I'm going to use right now has a 2.5" discharge anyways. I will run a full 3" downpipe once I upgrade the snail to something more appropriate. The 2.5" piping is also $40 cheaper per U J bend versus the 3".

I'll have more information on this soon. The production kit will be 100% bolt on to stock cali spec manifolds. There will be an option for upgraded front and rear tubular manifolds.

If you want more information about this, check out club3g as I post MUCH more frequently over there. More pics over there as well along with other projects I'm working on.
    Greg
    ---------
    '01 Stratus R/T - 5spd, 92 3000GT VR4, 03 EVO VIII, 70 Opel GT

Owner - Ultimate Car Style & Performance www.ucsperformance.com 240.271.0280

2007 N.A.S.A National Champions TTR Class!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    are you thinking of selling this or just showing your build?

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    im pretty sure he'd want to sell them later on.

A couple of questions - where do you plan to put the wastegate? Will it be in the same spot as the old GCT kit (near the oil filter)?

Also, as with Randy on C3G, I am wondering how you are going to mount the turbo oil return - I'm not too happy with my setup, as I had to route it a long way to the front to avoid the heat from the hot side piping.

Nice to see some progress!

nice build
    just be careful of the heat on the oil filter and motor mount etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    NIce build

I will be selling these setup's once I'm done RnDing them. I will figure out the wastegate once it's on the car. As for the oil return line, unfortunately there is no other way to deal with it due to the location the turbo has to be at. I am probably planning on building a metal line for the return like stock turbo cars.

In regards to heat on certain things, there is plenty of clearance so heat shouldn't be an issue.
    Greg
    ---------

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I'm interested to see how this goes..

yea idd deff be interested

sweet!

GREEN is the new BLACK

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Let me know how this goes 2

That's gonna be a tight fit, is it gonna clear the radiator fan? I've seen the V6 setups before, and it's always an issue with the fan being in the way. I'm very interested in this setup, will be following closely, once i settle with the "too much shit" in my life gonna start on boosting my 6 bangers. Which turbo you using for this?

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

My setup is pretty similar, and the only problem I had with the radiator fan was the control module on the fan - I relocated that and have good clearance with the stock fan. The only other issue I would think of is those who still have the auto transmission, as it takes up a crapton more space than the manual tranny - more reason to do the swap

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    i wonder how much a full system would cost?

I'll follow this with great interest.

keep up the good work!

Oh, I know this is a R&D stage build, but I'd like to see better weld work on the manifolds.

nice keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Oh, I know this is a R&D stage build, but I'd like to see better weld work on the manifolds.
    It's not like you guys have many options eh so is there really any room for bitching? The manifold you see in the picture was a proof of concept. I spent ZERO time cleaning the material before I welded it up which lead to poor weld quality. Considering I had about 5 hours of TIG welding time under my belt when I made that particular manifold, I'd say it's pretty good.

In regards to the kits, I'm not planning on selling a complete kit that includes injectors, tuning device, fuel pump etc. I'm planning on selling you the basic hardware you need to boost your car while leaving fueling and tuning up to the end user. I do have my particular recommendations in regards to those needs, but this will allow the end user to customize their setup for their particular needs / financial ability. Obviously my recommendation for tuning is the AEM EMS but that isn't cheap at $2,200 for my PnP kit.
    Greg
    ---------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast