The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G V6 Turbo Kits

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45
    I don't think he was "bitching" just pointing something out since you did say you were going to sell these after R&D. Im sure its going to look much better once you have the R&D finished and all the details 100%. Also just cause theirs not many companies or people making V6 kits, doesn't mean we have to settle for whatever somebody makes because theirs no other "options".
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    I don't think he was "bitching" just pointing something out since you did say you were going to sell these after R&D. Im sure its going to look much better once you have the R&D finished and all the details 100%. Also just cause theirs not many companies or people making V6 kits, doesn't mean we have to settle for whatever somebody makes because theirs no other "options".
    Let's get the facts straight. In regards to the V6 you have 2 options currently if you want to turbo it. The kit you can buy from turbochargers.com and the DDP kit. Both are far from optimal due to their designs. I have personal experience with EVERY forced induction kit ever made available for the 8G/3G/2G platform. The kit I'm building takes the best features from all those kits and wraps them into one.

The kit I plan to sell will not include replacement manifolds. That will be an upgrade for stage two and will not be cheap. The manifold upgrade will be priced in at around $1,500 for both the front and rear banks. The kit will bolt up to stock cali spec manifolds.

I'm not asking anyone to settle for anything. I will not sell anything to anyone that I wouldn't put on my own personal car. The bottom line however is that the 8G/3G/2G platforms have extremely limited aftermarket support so yes, in essence you do have to settle because there really aren't that many options. If you also consider that this platform has been dead since 2005, it should be a forgone conclusion that not many companies are going to want to support it.

If this platform was an EVO, you'd have a plethora of options. Instead it's the red headed bastard child of Mitsu, so reality must be dealt with.
    Greg
    ---------
    '01 Stratus R/T - 5spd, 92 3000GT VR4, 03 EVO VIII, 70 Opel GT

Owner - Ultimate Car Style & Performance www.ucsperformance.com 240.271.0280

2007 N.A.S.A National Champions TTR Class!

Just pointing out I'd like to see better weld work, and I qualified my statement by even saying "I know this is R&D". Just want to see nicely finished product is all, no need to get defensive.

No offense taken, I know those welds aren't the prettiest. Sorry if I went off on a tangent.
    Greg
    ---------

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    so around 4-5k?

Here are some pics of the rear manifold. You should note that the welds look better. ;)

Pricing is TBD and is dependent on what I actually include in the kit.
    Greg
    ---------

Its nice that you are stepping up and putting something together for us V6 guys. Being a previous RIPP SDS owner, its nice to see other options out there, as you said there is not much support for us.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I think you did a great job:)

Quote Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
    No offense taken, I know those welds aren't the prettiest. Sorry if I went off on a tangent.
    Cool, I would say the piping is just about the coolest design and most well thought out piece I've seen to date on this platform.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    beautiful...

Updates:

Getting closer. All the fabrication for the turbo kit is done except for finishing up the dump tube. I've got a surprise for anyone who lines up against me. Let's just say I plan on routing the dump tube out a hole in my front bumper in front of the driver front tire. :)

Greg
    ---------

looking good pharm, if it can fit in a strat an 3g it can definately fit in a galant since the galant has headlights that free up more space, =)

It's the core support. Basically all 3 cars are identical up to the core support and it's all different from there up. The Galant has the most room, followed by the strat and the 3G has the least amount of room of the 3.
    Greg
    ---------

Very clean.

nice work. cant wait till the 4 cylinder kit is ready for shipment
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

is that IC piping made out of steel?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    did you have to relocate the battery? or is it hiding in there somewhere

IC piping is stainless steel. I just LOVE working w/ SS. Aluminum would be cheaper and lighter but I'm not good enough to weld it yet. I really do like the SS finish too.

Battery was relocated to behind the passenger seat. A, I wanted the weight off the front of the car and B, it's SO much cleaner and the IC piping has less bends and all the bends are large radius.
    Greg
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    nice work. cant wait till the 4 cylinder kit is ready for shipment
    I can build a 4G64 kit immediately. The only reason I haven't announced availability or pricing is because I'm waiting on numbers. I had to replace the CP pistons in the car that has the prototype kit as the compression was just too low and the quench area blew. Flame front propagation just wasn't occurring and she was having a hard time getting a complete burn under boost. Car runs great N/A but she struggled with the boost turned down low as she just couldn't ignite the mixture, it was pooling in the cylinders. At 26 psi the car was making 300whp revving only to 5k with a 9.8:1 AFR untuned so the kit definitely has potential.

Hopefully by this weekend the car will be back together and then 500 miles of break in and hopefully numbers by the en of the month. I wish I had my own dyno. heh
    Greg
    ---------

Exciting thread to read. I will definatly be interested in one of these kits once they are finished and you have a dyno sheet posted.

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast