The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G V6 Turbo Kits

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 45 of 45
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
    It's the core support. Basically all 3 cars are identical up to the core support and it's all different from there up. The Galant has the most room, followed by the strat and the 3G has the least amount of room of the 3.
    the Galant has more space from the firewall to the intake manifold then the 3G its nearly identical but isn't

Experienced TGC Member
    First I want to say you have designed a great looking manifold set for this system. I definitely like where you are headded with the project, however I do have one concern/design "flaw" to bring up.

In the picture below I noticed that the compressor housing is sitting fairly close, in fact almost nearly right against the charge pipe. From my standpoint and with anybody who has worked/built turbo systems before we know the turbo housing generates a lot of heat, even in the compressor housing (thus the reason for intercooling). Now I understand you are running through an intercooler for the system, but doesn't the design of where the charge pipe is running kind of defeat the purpose of the intercooler? The heat will be expelled practicaly right onto the chage pipe, essentially raising the intake air temps even if it is intercooled. You could ceramic coat the pipe, or even get some heat wrap...but the amount of heat under that hood combined with the heat from the turbo housing will only deminish the performance from what it could be.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

The piping actually doesn't touch the compressor cover. It's not a flaw in my mind and temps will be fine.
    Greg
    ---------
    '01 Stratus R/T - 5spd, 92 3000GT VR4, 03 EVO VIII, 70 Opel GT

Owner - Ultimate Car Style & Performance www.ucsperformance.com 240.271.0280

2007 N.A.S.A National Champions TTR Class!

Experienced TGC Member
    The piping actually doesn't touch the compressor cover. It's not a flaw in my mind and temps will be fine.
    Interesting perspective how you are looking at it. Can you possible give a good explanation as to how the intake air temps will be fine with the proximity of the turbo to the charge pipe for us?

Myself, as well as others here would definitely be interested in seeing the fine print and real time specifications on a testing run for the system, including real time readings of the intake air temps inside the charge pipe with the hood closed. Not trying to rain on the design or the product, but you do have to look at every angle of the system, especially when we know you plan to sell this system...and when it has already been made clear we pretty much have only two options that you personally feel are inadequate for the performance.

Only trying to add insight and design issues that any well knowledged turbo purchaser will address with you about this system...from my background though, and the extensive amount of work I have done with this stuff, I can vouch that the turbo being so close to the charge pipe will inhibit the overall performance capability of the system.

Also, you can't argue with a picture (taken from your website even), that would show somebody has offered a design change, or the issued I am inquiring about was already addressed and resolved. This could also be a system running w/o a FMIC, but even then the logic in the design is there...so why not with a FMIC system?;
    Last edited by SPD_FRK; 04-24-2009 at 02:03 PM

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

projectGTZ
    Good work Pharm, however, I see a lot of complaining considering NO ONE ELSE is bringing anything else to the table.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123