The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spotted turbocharged NY 8g silver/grey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM4G64T View Post
    Well at least you pay attention to that, but as shown in my sig, no canards. Went a different route with the car, selling the car soon, bought me an 06 WW MR. Will post pics soon....

Oh and here you go:
    BUMPER CARNARDS: (also dive planes) are small wings attached to the front spoiler of a car for the purposes of modifying the aerodynamic characteristics of the car in a modest way.

The most common use of bumper canards is to increase front downforce on cars where the balance of traction is considered to be unfavourably biased towards the rear wheels. The bumper canards, once installed, provide additional downforce at the front of the vehicle, adjusting the balance of traction and thus improving the handling characteristics of the car.

I think BJ was talking more about how your canards were installed than where. They aren't supposed to be horizontal but diagonal to be functional.

good luck with the evo.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    I think BJ was talking more about how your canards were installed than where. They aren't supposed to be horizontal but diagonal to be functional.

good luck with the evo.
    Was just teasing, but then again, constructive criticism is ok. Sarcasm isn't needed......

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

you are getting rid of the car already ?? you are an ass**** :D
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    you are getting rid of the car already ?? you are an ass**** :D
    It's pretty much gonna be near me anyways, but I have a new ride now, so it's the route that I want to go. May end up doing the swap by the end of the year, that is if the new owner wants it done......hahahaha.....

^traitor, going to an evo, psh, you should just swap the entire drivetrain from the evo into the galant, that'd be unique lol good luck with the evo, what's your screenname on evom?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

want to sell your turbo set up?

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    ^traitor, going to an evo, psh, you should just swap the entire drivetrain from the evo into the galant, that'd be unique lol good luck with the evo, what's your screenname on evom?
    Same name....... Thought about it, have access to a evo 8 for parts, but gonna leave that one to cali.....lol. Car is being sold to a close friend of mine, so I'll still get to see the G every now and then, if she wants I may end up doing the swap after all......

*Update* Car is being picked up in GA tomorrow, left it in my friends garage so it would be safe. So it'll have a nice home in FL. My friend is gonna buy the car from me so no more G for me...... :( If the WPPD, doesn't call by late March-April, I will be moving back to FL......woohoo!! Really don't wanna deal with the crappy weather up north, also the G will be garaged daily in my friends house, so there's one more spot in her garage for a nice WW Evo.... :). So most likely will be changing from TGCNY to TGCFL.

sweet. more turbo SFL members

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12