The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo Brembos clearing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    like many have said above offset, width and spoke design are major factors.

a good start would be around 8" width and about 25mm offset with the right spoke design.

for example:
    my MB battle wheels are 18 x 8" 30mm offset, but because of the concave design, it doesnt clear the front brembo. It needs another 5mm. WHereas another wheel with the same specs (18 x 8" 30mm with a flat face/spoke design may fit easily.

my 5 zigen wheels are 18 x 7.5" 37mm offset. I am using a 15mm spacer. which brings it to an "effective" offset of 22mm.

GREEN is the new BLACK

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post
    it also depends how low you are dropped. by the looks of your pics, ur not that low so probbaly thats the reason why you dont rub.

If you drop your rear low enough, negative camber may cancell out the rubbing...but then you'll have another problem with the tires wearing out prematurelyand you dont want that.

i'm 8.5 all around. At first was running with the negative camber but then my tires went to shit, so i had to buy a camber kit which corrected my tires consequently rubbing on the rear fender..so then..naturally i had to roll the rear fenders.
    Oh, well I was referring more to the front wheels, but it didnt come out that way. I had to shave my rear fenders as well to stop them from rubbing. But I like I was trying to say my fronts dont rub when turning my wheel.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    thanx alot guys

Just get stock evo wheels and get them painted or powdercoated like I did. Then they'll clear for sure
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Well im going to be buying Jeffl rims and he said I just need spacers for them hes in the first page. Im not sure if anybody would know what spacers would I need to get for his rims?

hey sorry about not hitting you back. i got a little busy. but seeing the advice you've recieved already, i think you have a pretty good determination as to what will make wheels fit over these brakes. good luck and i hope you come up on something that will fit and look good.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
    It all depends on the spoke design. Those look like they would fit, but you should do a test fit first. You may need the spacers and extended wheel studs.
    yes.. it's not so much offset that you need to clear the EVO BREMBO's... you need wheels w/ the proper BACKSPACING and SPOKE DESIGN. there are 18x7.5 +45 wheels that will clear BREMBOS because their particular spoke design leaves lots of room... conversely there are also 18x7.5 +35 wheels that will NOT clear for exactly the same reason; SPOKE DESIGN.

Thanks alot guys you really helped me alot and I also have learned something about rims:)

I love this website:)

Imma get my girl to join 2, she also has a 2001 G v6

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    I love this website:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Imma get my girl to join 2, she also has a 2001 G v6
    instead of posting 2 comments in the same minute you can edit your existing one and add to it
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    ^agree

TGC Regular
    I've been thinking about doing this swap recently. (Especially after seeing Njjfudge's setup. I hate that guy...lol) Glad I found this thread to start acquiring info. It seems that if you're going to buy some rims to clear these massive brakes, your best bet is to be able to test fit the new rims FIRST. Also seems that if you want rims with a deep lip, you're out of luck. However, it seems that if you get the right set of spacers or adapters you would be able to increase the amount of rims to choose from. Is this correct? I've been looking at some spacers like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHEEL...3A1|240%3A1318

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY View Post
    I've been thinking about doing this swap recently. (Especially after seeing Njjfudge's setup. I hate that guy...lol) Glad I found this thread to start acquiring info. It seems that if you're going to buy some rims to clear these massive brakes, your best bet is to be able to test fit the new rims FIRST. Also seems that if you want rims with a deep lip, you're out of luck. However, it seems that if you get the right set of spacers or adapters you would be able to increase the amount of rims to choose from. Is this correct? I've been looking at some spacers like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHEEL...3A1|240%3A1318

Thanx alot man for the help, yeah I found Evo 9 rims and decided to get them so im saaaved.lol but thanx alot man

TGC Regular
    Glad to offer some info, but I need the help as much as you do. Wanted to post info so that other folks can put in their input to help us all out before we go out and spend the money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12