The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OBX Turbos

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 65

OBX Turbos

Have anyone here ever buy a OBX turbo or have any cons or pros about them.Because i was thinking about getting this one http://www.obxracingsports.com/products.php?pk=1041

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Personally...OBX doesn't strike to be a reputable name in turbos and wouldn't even consider them.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Deff do not use OBX turbos, its the same as using ebay JDM turbos that you get with the cheap turbo kits. The only thing that I have used that put a smile on my face from OBX is the racing headers that I got from them. My car felt so much better and souded like a best after putting headers and full custum exhaust on my car. But do not use OBX turbos!!!!!!

i got their turbo manifold. no problems here. but just stick to the type of turbos that are known of their quality.
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

Yeah they are fine when it somes down to making turbo manifolds and racing headers, very nice design and strong, but turbo wise I would go for at least turbonetics they have a pretty nice selection of turbos for a good price.

By the way whokilledhoughes thats a nive pic of your car man, nice job on it

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    OBX is like the pep boys brand of aftermarket auto parts, nothing but crap. you should only trust their non-moving parts, like braces and manifolds, and even then, i wouldn't put one on my car
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I have OBX headers from them, but only for a while... First the gasket fired away between engine and headers, then between pipe with O2 senzor and cat..
    Finaly the one pipe crashes... No more OBX...
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

Damn man not sure if you job was done right b/c mine headers are still fine and I rip my car here and there.

Now Im year and half runing JVT headers from Ebay and they are fine....
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

they also make a Quaife like LSD im taking that, thats no good either then?

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

honda guys swear by the OBX lsd.
    unfortunately as a testimant of their shaky quality....
    they mass produced a lsd for dsm's.....
    but once they started selling....
    everyone who bought one for thiwer ride found out the hard way..... that it wouldn't even fit. this is even with Shep being willing to do whatever modification it took to make it work... even he couldn't get it to work.
    Epic Fail.

Turbo's aren't jsut moving parts.... they are plumbed into yoru oil system.
    If the bearing material used in the OBX turbo is sub par... it could result in that material polluting your oil system... and even causing aweful things to happen like lockign up your oil pump, or premature main/rod bearing wear.

I'd jsut stick with a nice run of the mill high output Mitsu turbo. Dime a dozen..... and proven to perform

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yea ive been looking into better turbo's and obx was never on my list, a turbo isnt something i would want to go cheap on because it will cost you more in the long run if they keep blowing up or because of poor quality they cause engine problems.

I think im just going to spend the extra money and get a quaife then worth the better quality and the lifetime warranty.

1996 galant s

ok thanks you guys maybe i will just get the eclipse down pipe they have. And how much power could you push out of a shock 4g64 sohc with turbo (t3/t4) setup.

depends on the tune, and how well you put it together.

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    dont go t3/t4.. its a different mani and stuff just get a mitsu turbo and mani and shit like that.. dont make this harder than it already is
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    they also make a Quaife like LSD im taking that, thats no good either then?
    i would stay about as far away from that as a chick who's barfing up ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    ok thanks you guys maybe i will just get the eclipse down pipe they have. And how much power could you push out of a shock 4g64 sohc with turbo (t3/t4) setup.
    if you have to ask, you shouldn't be asking.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Do you mean stock 4g64? If so people are running on 12-15...crazy basterds, but safly you could run 8 psi, untill you car gives up. I would think on putting stronger internals b4 doing this set up, theirs no point on turbocharging a car if your ganna spend all that money on tubo kit and tuning when not getting nothing out of it. If you ganna tubo a car be willing to spend b4 doing.

I love how on the web site the logo it (OBX R Racing Sport.....Shit is Good !!!)lol wow

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Do you mean stock 4g64? If so people are running on 12-15...crazy basterds, but safly you could run 8 psi, untill you car gives up. I would think on putting stronger internals b4 doing this set up, theirs no point on turbocharging a car if your ganna spend all that money on tubo kit and tuning when not getting nothing out of it. If you ganna tubo a car be willing to spend b4 doing.
    uh.....no. no. 8psi on a 4g64 will have you wiping the road with pretty much anything else out there minus cars with price tags $100K+. guys have been running 8psi on their stock 4g64 for years and years without a glitch, education goes a long way.......

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast