The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OBX Turbos

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 65
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    lol we're just talking, you're the one that's gotta calm down, everyone takes everything so seriously on this board..... just because i dont bookend my comments with smilies and stupid courtesy jokes doesn't mean i'm pissed off. when i'm reading your posts, and your spelling is horrible and your advice is subpar at best, with comments like stock motors can't handle power and what-not, it sounds ignorant and i feel the need to correct. no offense man....
    Last edited by peanotation; 01-15-2009 at 12:13 PM
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    PT Cruisers dont have 4g64s ... Its some version of the 2.4L 420a.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    c thats the thing.. wut was messed up on it and how easily did it spin.. any noise while spinning? did u check the shaft play? how bent were the fins? and did u ask him if the seals are blown of if it leaks nething? do u know that it was eworkin the last time he had it on his sar?

did u ask and/or check all these things? cuz they r a must check.. dont get ripped off man.. check around 2 c if there r better deals out there
    nuh see the thing is it is off from a new jdm 1g red top motor and lil shaft play in it he said if need he would send it to the shop to it it re-built im call him in a lil after i go pick up my son about my rods and pistons

if im wrong tell me but can we use a evo fuel pump plug in play or little more rewiring to do

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Dude relaaxe...no body said anybody was pissed off.lol One thing im at work when Im on here, so im on n off, and typing gatta be alil fast lets not talk aout whos better at spelling or not b/c one thing I prob pretty much beat you at life, and num 2 you understod what I said right..so whats the problem. Your the one that started talking, I gave advice, im not telling him what to do. Im doing the samething everyone does here give advice. If you gatta problem try to keep it to yourself, he asked a question stick to topic, cuz you are the one that went wayyy off. Im not here to make enemies with anybody, finaly found some G lovers that I can talk to since most of my friends have mustangs and cobras. Lets just drop it and answere the damn kids questiion, which I think he already got one. Lets just make a truths...you got me and I got you we are even ok?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Evo IX fuel pump is a 210lph and I do believe it will work. Do some searching on that on www.dsmtuners.com as we can use the same fuel pumps as they can.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    nuh see the thing is it is off from a new jdm 1g red top motor and lil shaft play in it he said if need he would send it to the shop to it it re-built im call him in a lil after i go pick up my son about my rods and pistons
    alright.. if hes willing to do that for you at the same price hes asking then go for it i guess.. i just dont want sum1 to screw u over man

and dude i wanna c the car now so i know wut u r working with like cosmetics and shit u know

ill be at wendys 2morrow night if u wanna come down and check my car out 2
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I am chiming into this thread a little late, but I thought my personal experience would help out. I bought an OBX turbo kit about 4 years ago. All maintenance on my Eclipse was up to date. About 3 months after the installation, the engine blew up. I'm talking cracked block, oil pouring through a hole with a piece of piston stuck through it. Unless you hate your car, please avoid OBX parts at all costs.

oooo damm how much boost was you running

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    PT Cruisers dont have 4g64s ... Its some version of the 2.4L 420a.
    are you sure i always thought that they where 4g64's hmm i learn something new everyday lol.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I thought that 2 with the PT Cruisers, I just learned something new once again

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    if someone on this board is asking about turbos, and neither of you have the experience or the real knowledge to backup the advice, don't go suggesting motor builds with turbo which is 100x more complicated than turboing just a stock motor. that's like saying you want bright headlights and then someone suggesting you run HPS lights with 200amp ballasts connected to massive relays with giant lever switches, blah blah blah....you get the idea.
    ok this is galantfan88s friend and ive been doing this for years. If YOU dont know what your talking about dont go bashing other forum members because you have nothing else better to say. Building a motor IS WAY easier than just turboing a car, you have no idea what the piston to wall clearance is on a stock motor and if you think a stock motor can handle high horsepower your on something then. If your going to do it, you might as well do it right with a built motor. Because when he blows his stock motor I will come back here and laugh at your so called "advise". And what is this with relating it to lights? Its a motor for christ sakes, not a motherboard...

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    lol we're just talking, you're the one that's gotta calm down, everyone takes everything so seriously on this board..... just because i dont bookend my comments with smilies and stupid courtesy jokes doesn't mean i'm pissed off. when i'm reading your posts, and your spelling is horrible and your advice is subpar at best, with comments like stock motors can't handle power and what-not, it sounds ignorant and i feel the need to correct. no offense man....
    galantfans8s friend here

I LOLd at this comment. You are the biggest moron if you think your advice is any better. Stock motors cant handle horsepower genius, i dare you to put 18psi through your motor and see what happens, your going to be picking up pistons on the street. So if you think you have so called advice, why dont you actually know what your doing first, ive done plenty of motors on my own. Im actually building Galantfan88s motor up to handle 20psi on pump gas, with a 67mm turbo. So, YOU sound ignorant, and YOU need to be corrected, because your talking crazy.

GalantFan88, just stop. Peano has already turboed the stock engine long before many of the current members here. Not to mention it has been proven repeatedly that the stock 4G64 has been capable of maintaining upwards 15psi of boost on moderately sized turbo with a good tune. If anything you have proven to be the ignorant member in this topic.

Anyway, post some info / pics on this big build carrying the 67mm turbo.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

lol dude, don't even bother talking to these ghetto punks. this guy's so hurt he got his butt buddy to come on and spit some game. go back to your mustangs and circle jerks. apparently building a motor and then turboing it and easier than just turboing it. and apparently when you turbo cars you can only run 18psi or more, running 8psi is impossible. stock motors can't handle FI, it's impossible. no one's done it before

i'm honored this fruit cup ran to all his friends with tissue in hand. a few posts on a car board on the internet sent shockwaves through the mustang community this week. beyond pathetic....

why don't you guys follow your fellow retards advice (speaking of advice) and stop polluting this thread with your bullshit. go away. no one cares. no one even knows who the hell you are....
    Last edited by peanotation; 01-16-2009 at 11:13 AM

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I say ban for being a complete idiot. Peano Is a OG for turboing the 7g, he one of the people if you have a question about something with this car he will know what you need to do. Galantfan88, shut your mouth cause you look like a idiot, and to his "friend" you know nothing about mitsubishi motor apparently, so take that "Mustang Build" (sounds untrue.) and take a fucking walk because you have no idea what you are talking about.

1996 galant s

thanks man. i sent a PM to him last night with a peace offering to just forget about the whole thing, but the result is apparent ^^^. it's a good thing this thread topic is for OBX turbos, making the thread in its entirety useless. they're probably all crowded around his computer crafting some master 10-page reply to my PM right now..... throwing out lingo like piston to wall clearance and cool quips like picking pistons up off the street. everyone just drop it.

they're mustang owners....enough said.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Hey look I dropped this convo already with him and said hey lets make a truth and not talk about it anymore. He decides to send me a private message and continue with this and insulting me, when I already said it was just advice. What would any of you do if someone sent you a message talking more shit. im not telling him to do it or anything. Like I said b4 im not here to make enemies with anybody, thought It would be nice to talk to some G drivers. Until this clown decides to keep going with this when I said ok we are even truths no more. Im sorry if any of this offended anybody, my friend saw what he said and asked me if he could comment back. After what peano said I told him go ahead just dont say anything stupid to other people. Im the same as all of you here just talking and helping. As of this point... really this convo is done. Once again im sorry and as soon as I find out how to put pix on this I will put up pix on the build.

[img][/img]

So back on topic of the OBX turbo's.

OBX seems to be a cheap brand to me. The thought of the OBX lsd came up between seth and I, for $355.00 that seemed really cheap.

I didnt even know that hey where making turbo's too haha. But like everyone else said if your going to tubo your G just use a mitsubishi turbo they are proven to be damn good turbo's just make sure that when you buy one, if it was used send it out to get rebuilt. And stay away from ebay turbo's they may seem like a good deal but one of my DSM friends here has went through three of them and is on his 4th they dont last.

1996 galant s

Ooo thats not a good look for obx than in fact alot of my friends that drive B-motors said dont do it. They headers and manifolds are very good thou....As I Was Told

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast