The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What Are The Main Keys To A Good Rebuild Tranny

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

What Are The Main Keys To A Good Rebuild Tranny

From what a i read the main keys to a good a/t are the Translab Shift Kit (High Performance Type) , IPT 9 1/2 inch Billet Converter w/ Multi-Disk Lock-up Clutch , & TCU. And the m/t is Clutch Kit , Flywheels , & LSD. What you guys think..

Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    From what a i read the main keys to a good a/t are the Translab Shift Kit (High Performance Type) , IPT 9 1/2 inch Billet Converter w/ Multi-Disk Lock-up Clutch , & TCU. And the m/t is Clutch Kit , Flywheels , & LSD. What you guys think..
    i duuno much about trannys but i know for the manual tranny the clutch and the flywheel are the essentials of a good one
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

you have a 5-speed right? Or you about to get ready 2 swap 1

i have a pdf manual on rebuilding the AWD "W5M31 & 33" boxes i its any help...may be a good read if nothing else

Not a rocket scientist with automatics, but utilizing a torque converter and a shift kit will improve performance. As far as the manual transmissions, you can get an aftermarket clutch and flywheel kit along with heavy duty shifter cables and bushings. You can also get an LSD, short shifter, and double synchros. This will allow you to toy around with the gear ratios.

all automatics have a torque converter. Its just a matter of stall speed on the torque converter.

Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    your title and what youre saying is two different things. Rebuilding the tranny has nothing to do with clutch, flywheel ...etc. These are just components that the manual transmission uses to function, and these components are separate from it. Rebuilding a manual tranny is alot more complicated process - refer to Jacks transmissions or shepard.

As far autos, the most efficient is getting it rebuild and get those manual shifter boxes that allows you to shift with a touch of a button
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

yeah true that but in the long run wouldnt m/t long up longer.

That would depend on how the driver drives the car and how he/she takes care of it.

TGC Regular
    I am looking into getting a fully built a/t. where could get a shift box from?? that would be a lot better for control. do they have one for our transmissions? are they universal? where could i find one?

www.rockauto.com has a shift kit for a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant with a 2.4.

TGC Regular
    nice man thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    The main thing, I would think would be a good shop that knows what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    The main thing, I would think would be a good shop that knows what they are doing.
    i know right because my father had his tranny rebuilt by the same guy 3 times and than she said fuck it and got a new 1

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    It will probably be cheaper to buy another one then rebuild that one.