The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: are stock gtz spring different than es?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

are stock gtz spring different than es?

hi i am getting new tires and want either to take off teins and put on factory to lessen price to get eibachs i need new struts also.i dont like the gap on front wheel but teins to low for ny weather for me.i go thorough tires quick and got new brakes.so are gtz springs lower the gap in front to look eagual to backs or are they same as es v6 springs?

No

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

ok so they are the same.thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Uh actually I believe they are different?

Experienced TGC Member
    GTZ suspension is different from the traditional V6 suspension.

yes they are different not by much though.

so is the gap on front tire reduced? anyone got pic of stock gtz side view of car showing front and rear of car?im trying not to have to spend alot of$ on kybagx and eibachs.anyone got used ones?

The suspension is different, not by much as stated above. The gtz suspension is the same as the eclipse gt. " sport tuned" suspension LOL
    I would worry to much about the difference. Why are you asking this question anyway? Are you trying going to buy someones gtz springs? What are you doing suspension
    wise??
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

gtz is like a 3/8" - 1/2" lower

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I live in NY & I'm running Tiens & KYB's. You just have to watch out for potholes. Also getting GTZ springs will not help that much. If you have an I4 there probably will be no change.

I mean no, will not even wheel gaps, but lowers the car about 1/4 inch around, and will firm up the ride

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    The GTZ springs are different than the v6 es springs. GTZ has a more sporty tuned suspension to it, and you can feel the difference when you get into both cars.

yes i have stock struts and tein s techs on now.i was not aware at time i purchased springs i needed diff.struts and would wear tires down.my thing is i want to get car to set so gap in wheel well is even in front and back.it is now but car is to low for me.i was trying to go as little lowering as possible.but do not want to buy 249 for eibachs and 400 plus for kyb agx plus my work 100-150 to change over.so i thought if gtz would fix gap would do that and get cheap replacement struts.but if anyone has some used eibachs and or kyb agx for v6 galant 2003 let me know.i see eibachs lower car the least.i dont want to have bad wear on tires or brakes due to mods.ive got 63000 on car put tiens on about 30-39000 this is my 3rd set of tires.i have front camber kit.so i guess stock struts must be problem?

You will need to get an alignment after installing any suspension parts, or you will ruin your tires pretty soon.

Take a look at my sig picture, I have had eibach/kyb agx combo installed for about 6 1/2 years, ride quality is pretty good, no bouncy, a little on the stiff side but its worth every penny, I recommend it!

did you get eibach alignment kit on there site? do you have camber kit on.front and rear or just front?

The factory GTZ springs ride lower (and even) front and rear when compared with any other Galant springs in the 8th gen Galants.

Here is a side shot of my GTZ on its factory suspension.

And lowered 1" on Megan Coilovers.

yea but arent your wheels bigger than stock?
    thats kind of misleading, my wheel gap was way more than that when i got my car.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I believe the rim size is still the same as stock 16'' but diff styl of rims, hopefuly thats what you where asking.

Redgalant2k1,,,,I'm also looking to tighten the wheel gap on my 03 ES....I don't really want to lower much just even it out like your original GTZ ride height. If I got a set of front and rear stock GTZ springs is that all I'd need?
    Would I have to adjust my camber then?
    Sorry, don't mean to thread jack.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    yea but arent your wheels bigger than stock?
    thats kind of misleading, my wheel gap was way more than that when i got my car.
    The tires are slightly bigger than the traditional rolling stock, but the wheel gaps are still even front and rear. So either way if you had stock wheels on you'd have more gap, but it would have been even.

And Boochie, yes all you should need is GTZ springs, camber shouldn't be an issue as you won't be changing the ride height that much, though the car will still need an alignment (to correct the toe settings).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast