The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EBAY Projector Headlights

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Showing results 281 to 300 of 687
    so does anybody have any pictures of the lights hitting a wall about 20ft away, oh and by the way the reason they tell you it is not to be use with hid is these are made for halogen lights and if you install hid's the reflector bowl inside the projector will warp and the chrome will flake since it is made of plastic.

They look hot, for the price is not bad to give it a try.

i just order those headlights i should be gettin them within 5 days i cant wait!!!!!! i'll keep u guys and girls updated

okay almost 2 weeks on these things. lots of things happened. one of the bulbs that came with the headlight blew. projector passenger side bulb.
    also it fried either my ecu or my circuitboard or my fuses or sumthing. cuz i am having sum problems startin my car it acts like its a dead battery but the light dashboard lights are super dim when i put it in ignition mode that means sumthin is wrong with the fuses and also when i open the door instead of a slow beep for the door sign i get a supper 1/2 sec beeps like crazy fast soo im pretty sure its sumthin wrong with fuse box or ecu :(

yahh to sum it up. i cant get my car started without a jump and even after the jump all the lights/ac/music dims in and out every 5secs and once i stop the car i cant get it back up again without a jump >< soo fucking dumb i didnt take of battery before installin the headlights :( hopefully that didnt fuck it up. soo yah before u install these take ur battery cables off.
    I love bikes n babes!

it sounds like u have a weak battery.

although i should mention most people in detroit don't use AC this time of year.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i dont think its a weak battery >< if the battery was weak. why wuld the lights dim in nd out and the heat high nd low when i can start it with a jumper cable. i mean i can get the car runnin but the prob still resist >< i am lookin at the fuse box nd i have no clue wuts going on ><
    I love bikes n babes!

Check your battery and alternator.

Check the alternator!

had same thing happened to my 7G few years ago.. check your alternator..

Quote Originally Posted by karn View Post
    okay almost 2 weeks on these things. lots of things happened. one of the bulbs that came with the headlight blew. projector passenger side bulb.
    also it fried either my ecu or my circuitboard or my fuses or sumthing. cuz i am having sum problems startin my car it acts like its a dead battery but the light dashboard lights are super dim when i put it in ignition mode that means sumthin is wrong with the fuses and also when i open the door instead of a slow beep for the door sign i get a supper 1/2 sec beeps like crazy fast soo im pretty sure its sumthin wrong with fuse box or ecu :(

yahh to sum it up. i cant get my car started without a jump and even after the jump all the lights/ac/music dims in and out every 5secs and once i stop the car i cant get it back up again without a jump >< soo fucking dumb i didnt take of battery before installin the headlights :( hopefully that didnt fuck it up. soo yah before u install these take ur battery cables off.

DUDE!!! my passanger side projector bulb blew too! ill E-mail the Ebay guy

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

and alsooooo i donno what kinda glass they r made out of but they get dirty soo fast or they just show that they are dirty more than my original 03 headlights.. these things need to be cleaned everyday :S and im not gonna waste my time contactin him for a bulb im just puttin sum silvania's in it.
    I love bikes n babes!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Your alty is dead. That happened to my fiance when she was driving my car. I ended up having the car towed home & replacing the alty ($181 w/core) & a new battery Autozone ($72 under warranty). Do not, I repeat DO NOT put on a new alternator without fully charging or getting a new battery.

Quote Originally Posted by karn View Post

yeah, check your battery and alty. double check your headlights cable connections. A bad connection would blow out your fuses. Bay a cheap voltmeter and test your battery put it in volts and it should read 12V with the car off lest than that is your battery. To check your alty, turn on your car and the voltmeter should read 14V, if you getting a reading like 12V and below your alty is not working leading your battery to be weak.

no alternator was fine.. cuz the car would start up with a jump. but the batery was like .2volts lol it was dead soo just bought a new one and im good too go :)
    I love bikes n babes!

Installed this afternoon. I was able to remove the gap under the headlight by not using the bolt that attaches to the top of the headlight to the frame. I wasn't able to get the LED's working; I'll try later.

I need to adjust the left side to remove more of that gap.

looks great. if the LED doesnt light up just reverse the polarity

GREEN is the new BLACK

These look really good. The LEDs are bright blue though huh? I don't want any problems with the cops, especially since my area is full of them in the summer.

not bad looking

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG View Post
    looks great. if the LED doesnt light up just reverse the polarity
    Thanks ASTIG. Long time no see, bro. Man, your Galant is lookin' tight! :)

Regarding reversing the polarity and the LED's - maybe I'm crazy, but before I attempted to install the headlights, I tried testing the LED wires using a 9V battery. This battery doesn't have enough juice to power on the LED's? It didn't work. I didn't think about testing them directly on the car battery.

I did this install during my lunch break, so I basically ghetto rigged everything inside. I even had to reconnect my old H4 HID bulbs to the wiring harness in order to get the H1 HID to work. Right now those old bulbs are dangling inside the engine. I have to somehow rig the wires that came with the new headlights so that they connect to the Galant's H4 wiring harness and to the ballast in order for the H1's to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by 732Galant View Post
    These look really good. The LEDs are bright blue though huh? I don't want any problems with the cops, especially since my area is full of them in the summer.
    I don't know yet as I haven't gotten them to work. I had planned on swapping the stock LED's for amber, but knowing myself, I would have screwed something up.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast