The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EBAY Projector Headlights

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Showing results 301 to 320 of 687
    they look good can you post a pic of lights hitting a wall? How is the light output at night?

Quote Originally Posted by BODOGG View Post
    they look good can you post a pic of lights hitting a wall? How is the light output at night?
    I'll get a pic tonight. Right now it's only 4:37pm.

Hey BGR did you ever think about wiring the heads so that the High and low stay on when you turn the highs on? i feel like it would be muchh better looking, obvi brighter aswell

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 732Galant View Post
    These look really good. The LEDs are bright blue though huh? I don't want any problems with the cops, especially since my area is full of them in the summer.
    Yeah Same, here if i get these im probably gonna not even wire them, but if i have the drive, then just on an independent relay and put a switch next to my fogs.

Quote Originally Posted by BODOGG View Post

for some reason,the driver side light output on the rood seems shorter ,do u see that?,, but it looks fine on a wall

the photo is being taken on the drivers side? mine are the same brightness ect. equal on each side
    ~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by 732Galant View Post
    These look really good. The LEDs are bright blue though huh? I don't want any problems with the cops, especially since my area is full of them in the summer.
    I'm ashamed of these halo's. I guess they actually worked earlier during the day, but I was unable to see them because they didn't look like they were on. These pics below actually make them look about 3x brighter than they actually are. I didn't even realize that they were on at first until I bent down to take a closer look. (I rigged them up with temporarily with one of the wires I took off the headlights and connected it to the H4 harness)

BTW, the 3 LED's on the side DON'T WORK at all.

Quote Originally Posted by galant4life View Post
    for some reason,the driver side light output on the rood seems shorter ,do u see that?,, but it looks fine on a wall
    It should be because it's shining on the side of the driver of the on coming traffic. You don't want it shining in their eyes. The passenger side always extends farther forward.

yea,, but mine looks the same as BGR's, i see that he took it from the driver side,, but it still looks shorter on the rood on the driver side,, i just dont like how it looks on the street

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    It should be because it's shining on the side of the driver of the on coming traffic. You don't want it shining in their eyes. The passenger side always extends farther forward.
    i didnt know that,,i just thought that both sides should look equal... it just seems to me that the light in the driver side is hitting the ground more, i thought maybe i could adjust the projector lens...i donno

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galant4life View Post
    That is because we drive on the right hand side & road signs are on the right side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1 View Post
    That is because we drive on the right hand side & road signs are on the right side of the road.
    yea i agree,,i just didn't notice it when i had my original heads or the vr4 heads,,it just wasn't that obvious..

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    Hey BGR did you ever think about wiring the heads so that the High and low stay on when you turn the highs on? i feel like it would be muchh better looking, obvi brighter aswell

~Gabe
    Quite honestly, I don't care for that look, and if I did make that happen, I would have to adjust the high beam pattern so that it doesn't hit on coming traffic. I don't know about you all, but I hate being "flashed" by on coming traffic.

I know I said before that I didn't think high beams were necessary with HID, but now, I think I might have to take my foot out of my mouth. With my old headlights, the beam pattern was all over the place and wasn't nearly as distinct as the projectors (as seen above). Anyhow, because these projectors make the light pattern so distinct, I'm guessing I'll need hi beams on a dark road, but I don't necessarily want them both on at the same time. With the old headlights, I used to be able to see highway/freeway road signs brightly lit more than 1/2 mile down the road. I don't think it'll be as bright now that the pattern is more focused.

BGR, looks like the headlights need some adjusting.

1) the passenger side is rotated too much clockwise. I dont know if the rotational adjustment is possible on these headlights.

2) looks like the beams of each side intersect too soon. generally, I found it better for the beams to intersect at about 75 ft. it kinda looks like the passenger side is aimed more toward the left. IMO it would be better for the passenger side to be aimed dead straight and have the driver's side aimed more to the right to prevent glare to oncoming traffic.

3) you may need to raise the beam a little on both sides. the cutoff where it hits the ground is pretty close. This is going to be tricky since the beam on your projector extends up high and might cause glare. compared to the type I got on mine which cuts off the top as well. you can get more distance if you raise up the beams.

here's mine at 50 ft. the beam is still a good height at the wall.
    Last edited by ASTIG; 03-05-2009 at 11:02 PM

GREEN is the new BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG View Post
    BGR, looks like the headlights need some adjusting.

1) the passenger side is rotated too much clockwise. I dont know if the rotational adjustment is possible on these headlights.

2) looks like the beams of each side intersect too soon. generally, I found it better for the beams to intersect at about 75 ft. it kinda looks like the passenger side is aimed more toward the left. IMO it would be better for the passenger side to be aimed dead straight and have the driver's side aimed more to the right to prevent glare to oncoming traffic.

3) you may need to raise the beam a little on both sides. the cutoff where it hits the ground is pretty close. This is going to be tricky since the beam on your projector extends up high and might cause glare. compared to the type I got on mine which cuts off the top as well. you can get more distance if you raise up the beams.

here's mine at 50 ft. the beam is still a good height at the wall.

how did you adjust that... I cant do that.. mine all all angled to a certain way...

aiming ebay projectors

Quote Originally Posted by KaziKai View Post
    how did you adjust that... I cant do that.. mine all all angled to a certain way...
    looks like astigs heads are custom made not like the ones we have and his were adjusted nicely. i'm still trying to figure out how to adjust them and how to put some h1 hids in using the h4 harness. looks like i may have to cut and splice and do some trial and errror. we will see what happens

the cutoff doesnt look too bad

Rich, if you want the halos to be brighter, you can simply pull out the bulbs for the halos and replace them with led's. They are regular bulbs, thats why they look so dim.

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Quote Originally Posted by aznlverboy View Post
    looks like astigs heads are custom made not like the ones we have and his were adjusted nicely. i'm still trying to figure out how to adjust them and how to put some h1 hids in using the h4 harness. looks like i may have to cut and splice and do some trial and errror. we will see what happens
    This is what I did to make my H1's work with my H4 HID kit (refer to diagram):

After removing H4 bulb from old headlight, and after installing new projector headlights -

1) Remove the rubber grommet around the H1 bulb to free the wires. I used an Exacto knife to cut the rubber

2) Do not connect this wire (indicated by the blue highlight below) remove it. In it's place, keep the wire and connector from the old H4 setup connected to the ballast. If I'm not mistaken, these wires power the "high" beams.

3) Unplug the H4 bulb from the ballast (but keep the H4 bulb connected to the 3-prong wiring harness), and connect the H1 bulb to the ballast (highlighted in green).

4) cover the old H4 bulb with the plastic case that the H1 bulbs came in and keep the bulbs tucked somewhere in the engine compartment. Yeah, ghetto, but it works.

The only other way to make the H1's work is if you connect the ballast straight to the battery and bypass the old H4 (3 prong) wiring harness.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast