The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EBAY Projector Headlights

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Showing results 401 to 420 of 687
    Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    I hope you pull it off, if i get these I want to do the amber LED's as the turn signal. I think that would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    I hope you pull it off, if i get these I want to do the amber LED's as the turn signal. I think that would be nice.
    We found out how to change the halo lights, but I'm not sure how to change the other LED's (The 3 verticle LED's). It looks sealed. BTW, mine don't even work. I would have preferred to use them as turn signals, too.

oh damn, so your changing the Halo's to amber LED's? I though you were saying the 3 verticle...I wont use the 3 verticle even if they worked.

oh damn, so your changing the Halo's to amber LED's? I though you were saying the 3 verticle...I wont use the 3 verticle even if they worked.
    Yeah, I'm changing the halo color to amber.

I'm confused. I thought the 3 verticle LED's is what you were referring to that you wanted to use as turn signals. But you're saying you want to use the halo's as turn signals?

Bum bum bummmm the suspense is killing me i just cant wait! thanks for the adjustment tut aswell

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

This got me confused, but I guess you're saying you want to use LED 1157 bulbs?
    I just swapped mine out for regular 1157 bulbs. They're much brighter. I previously (up until last night) was using a 15 light LED bulb, white, but it wasn't bright at all. Only "cool" thing about using the LED's is that the turn signal blinked about 3x faster than using regular bulbs.

The 1157 bulbs I bought are yellow, but once they're on, they're amber. I did this so it would match my 894 yellow foglights, but that didn't happen. the 894's are faded yellow and the 1157's are amber. I just hope the 194 amber bulbs I bought to install for the halo's match something. I bought 2 complete sets (i have about 36 of those 194 bulbs for the halos). One set in yellow and the other in amber. I bet both sets are amber! But that's alright. Like I said a couple weeks back, I'll use whatever set is left over for the dash lights in both my Galant and Sentra.

im reading through this ass my projector bulbs are blown up lol and im using high beam as my regular lights :D .... sooo can i order a 10k hid kit for projectors?? or it wont work? im confused i want a bolt on kit
    I love bikes n babes!

Quote Originally Posted by karn View Post
    im reading through this ass my projector bulbs are blown up lol and im using high beam as my regular lights :D .... sooo can i order a 10k hid kit for projectors?? or it wont work? im confused i want a bolt on kit
    Yeah, just look on Ebay. When you do buy one, when check out with Paypal, you tell the seller (leave them a note when checking out on Paypal), tell the seller you want H1 bulbs and 10,000k.

This seller sells bulbs up to 12,000K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HID-Xenon-CONVER...3A1%7C294%3A50

Need clarification for those that has these projectors headlights and HID.

1) Did you buy a H1 HID kit?

or

2) Did you already have an H4 HID kit and you upgraded just the bulbs?

I'm thinking, if Karn buys a H1 HID kit, and the Galant by default has a H4 wiring harness, how is he going to get the ballast to ignite? Will a H1 HID kit plug and play with a car that has a H4 wiring harness? Like Reelax said, hook it straight to the battery, but I'm sure you would have to splice some wires as today's "inexpensive" HID kits are simple plug and play units (at least the H4 and 9004 kits are) that connect to the stock wiring harness - bypassing the battery.

It would be much easier if you were going from 9004 to H4. You could buy a simple converter like this:

i wanted to use the 3 LED's as turn signals...sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    Need clarification for those that has these projectors headlights and HID.

1) Did you buy a H1 HID kit?

or

2) Did you already have an H4 HID kit and you upgraded just the bulbs?

I'm thinking, if Karn buys a H1 HID kit, and the Galant by default has a H4 wiring harness, how is he going to get the ballast to ignite? Will a H1 HID kit plug and play with a car that has a H4 wiring harness? Like Reelax said, hook it straight to the battery, but I'm sure you would have to splice some wires as today's "inexpensive" HID kits are simple plug and play units (at least the H4 and 9004 kits are) that connect to the stock wiring harness - bypassing the battery.
    I had an H4 HID kit and upgraded the bulbs.The projectors already come with the harness which converts H4 to H1. It's simple plug and play. I just used the projectors harness to plug the bulb in, that way the high beams will also be functional. I will take pics tomorrow for clarification.

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Quote Originally Posted by 01galant01 View Post
    I had an H4 HID kit and upgraded the bulbs.The projectors already come with the harness which converts H4 to H1. It's simple plug and play. I just used the projectors harness to plug the bulb in, that way the high beams will also be functional. I will take pics tomorrow for clarification.
    Yeah, I'd like to see that.

im still confused.. soo all i need is two hid kits. and just change the bulbs and plug them in normally like they are now. no new harness needed right?? :S confusssed.
    I love bikes n babes!

Quote Originally Posted by karn View Post
    im still confused.. soo all i need is two hid kits. and just change the bulbs and plug them in normally like they are now. no new harness needed right?? :S confusssed.
    No, you only need one HID kit. Forget about the non-projector light that is normally reserved for your high beam. Just put that out of your mind for now. ONE HID KIT is all that is needed for the projector light. I'll explain everything below in detail.

The Galants' have a stock H4 wiring harness. Before we bought these Ebay headlights, most of us had USDM stock headlights and we had bought H4 HID kits to fit these headlights. The H4 HID kits included 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts and it plugged directly into the stock wiring harness.

I won't discuss the members with JDM headlights that bought the Ebay projectors as it's far too technical at this point and I don't have the patience to explain.

Just buy an H4 HID kit (less than $60 shipped), then buy just the H1 HID bulb (less than $20 shipped) and when you install this kit, it's plug and play, you will use the stock wiring harness to connect to the ballast and you'll use the H1 bulb. The reason why you'll buy the H4 HID kit is so that you can use the stock wiring harness. I would suggest you buy the H1 HID kit, but I do not believe it will plug into the H4 wiring harness. Does this make sense? That is why I'm recommending you buy the H4 kit, and the H1 bulb, but you don't need two kits.

Ok, if you want two kits, i'm sure it can be done. Anything can be done, but would you really want to? I mean, have you driven behind the wheel of a car that has HID? It's very bright and once you get the HID working in your projector headlight and you have the beam pattern adjusted, would you really need an extra set of HID's coming out of the high beam as well? I don't even know how good it will look because the high beam light isn't a projector, it's a regular H1 reflector style light. This doesn't have the same beam pattern as a projector and could possibly make things looks worse (who knows until you try it right?) but still, IMO, unless you had 4 projector headlights, I wouldn't waste the money on 4 HID kits with these headlights.

projector lights

here's my contribution. i had an existing h4 hid kit so i'm using that ballast and ordered the h1 hid bulb (thanks to BGR for the good find), and yes, it was simple plug and play and high beams still work as normal. just installed it and adjusted it to my preference, may need adjusting again, cuz i think its too high from far away.

up close

further back

why does the passengers side always shine much higher? BRG's looked like that as well.

why does the passengers side always shine much higher? BRG's looked like that as well.
    I would like to think that it's lower on the left side of both driver and passenger side so that the beam would not shine in the on coming traffic's view when the get close.

Amber LED installed

Alright... here's a preliminary test of how the 194 amber LED looks like in the halos. I only put the lights on the driver side and temporarily connected the wires to the battery just to make sure that the wires/bulbs worked. Unlike the blue 194 bulbs that come with the headlights, these pictures do not do it justice. The amber bulbs looks f'n sweet with the halos. I'm very pleased with the results. It's more than what I expected. I used my old amber 1157 bulbs for the turn signal.

Click here for video

The link below is who I bought my 194 bulbs from. I bought 8 pairs from them.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/194-1...3A1|240%3A1318

When you replace the bulbs, make sure you test the connection first before putting the bulbs back in the socket in the headlight. When I was testing it, some of the bulbs didn't turn on (just like christmas lights), and I had to re-seat them and fiddle around with them before they turned on. Just connect or place the white wire on the positive post of the battery and place the negative on any grounded metal surface or the negative battery post.

I may or may not make a tutorial as this is a very easy mod to do. Just don't pull on the wires to remove the bulbs from the headlight, but gently wiggle the connector and wire and then slowly pull it out. If you just pull on the wire, the bulb will fall out of the connector and may end up inside your headlight. This almost happened to me, but thankfully the bulb was close enough that I used a needle nose pliers to remove it from the headlight.

Looks awesome can you post a pic with the headlight on? can you even see the halo?

~Gabriel

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    Looks awesome can you post a pic with the headlight on? can you even see the halo?

~Gabriel
    Thank you. You can barely see the halo with the HID on.

Looks like they're on---just the camera flash

With HID turned on

I'll get some more pics later today. I'm going to bed soon.

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast