The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EBAY Projector Headlights

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Showing results 481 to 500 of 687
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I think i will cut a plus sign into my cover and run the wires through it

so i drove in my first rainfall today since installing these and they got some minor fogging. Immediately cut the plus signs into the rubber boots and pulled the blue and black wires through, electric taped the connectors and was able to have the boot stay on the driver side with that. on the pass. side i had to cut a fitted hole and actually put the bulb thru the rubber boot to fit it over. both are snug now

fog?!

so should we drill out a whole to air them out?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    fog?!

so should we drill out a whole to air them out?
    hahaha, if you do that the clear lens is gonna turn all yellow eventually

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    toss a few silicon gel packs in the headlights..you should be able to use the ones in your shoe boxes ;)

if you get the rubber boot over the openings you shouldnt have to worry

alright... :)

man.. did anybody else buy an HID kit from super_digi on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HID-Xenon-CONVER...3A1%7C294%3A50

I did.. and I just came from the shop trying to get it installed and they pretty much told me that this H1 HID kit doesn't fit in these headlights.. they said they front of the bulb was hittin the housing.

Did anybody else have this problem?

You had a shop install your headlights?

Was the bulb hitting the housing or was it that the bulb sealer couldn't fit?

x2 on the shop... WHAT!?

and an H1 kit is an H1 kit, should fit fine, might be a "thats what you get" moment for trying to have a shop do it for you

yeah I had this place Tidewater Electric install my headlights cause I couldn't wire them shits right to save my life.. so I went back to them to do my HIDs and they told me the bulb was hitting the house and it would have cracked the bulb if they forced it in. They didn't say anything about the sealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    x2 on the shop... WHAT!?

and an H1 kit is an H1 kit, should fit fine, might be a "thats what you get" moment for trying to have a shop do it for you

I'm not a DIY kinda guy. I've blown way to many fuses and fried all kinds of equipment simply "doin it myself" so I'll pass.

x3 on the shop....

So what bulb size did you try to fit in there? The stock galant(8g) headlight is an h4/9003 until you hit 2004(9g) then it jumps to an hb5/9007.... even with the new models that have projectors already in them there is no h1 that fits beside the fog light...and thats only 2004-2006...

Dc sports Header
    N1 exhaust
    Megan Springs
    Falken ZE512 225/40/18
    18" Motegi DP6
    Cross drilled slotted rotors
    Night shade tail lights
    Cleared Corners

Next...going in today...
    Dvd Player
    New infinity speakers

it's an H1 kit.. look I was just wondering if anybody else ran into a similar problem.. but whats the big deal about goin to a shop?

Quote Originally Posted by The Professional View Post
    it's an H1 kit.. look I was just wondering if anybody else ran into a similar problem.. but whats the big deal about goin to a shop?
    It is just not typical for a forum browsing enthusiast to go to a shop for something like headlights is all.

Have you tried fitting the bulb yourself? Mechanic's at shops have liability on the parts they are messing with, they are scared to break things.

Quote Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post
    It is just not typical for a forum browsing enthusiast to go to a shop for something like headlights is all.

Have you tried fitting the bulb yourself? Mechanic's at shops have liability on the parts they are messing with, they are scared to break things.
    Yeah I know about 99.9% of everyone else does all their installs themself. I just tried to install these lights following this thread and failed miserably lol. When it came to the HID installation I didnt even bother tryin. Nonetheless.. I didnt get any help with the shop so Im gonna see if I can fit em myself.

My H1's were kinda snug but they fit, like i said h1s are h1's, mine didnt hit the projector though. You installing HIDs in low beam, high beam, both?

low beam only for right now.. and surprisingly I was able to install them myself. Lesson learned I guess.. I was able to get them properly aimed too so the light output is pretty decent. I want HIDs in my fogs next.. so I was planning to cop some of those Optilux 2500 Angel Eyes. Does anybody know the HID bulb that would go in those?

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    i wanna say H3 but im not 100% sure on that.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Yup they are H3 bulbs

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast