Showing results 601 to 620 of 687
    looks good

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    i think its too much...loose the halos or the leds

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    x2,
    yeah blue halos with white LED's...not doin it for me, but if you can smile at it then to every man his own

mine r blue halos w blue led's. and u can always not connect one of them if u didnt want them lit

Quote Originally Posted by 02gtzgalant View Post
    mine r blue halos w blue led's. and u can always not connect one of them if u didnt want them lit
    We were not talking about your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    I was thinking about that, but too much white or too much blue looks boring. You have to spice it up a lil bit. Have to contrast one another. If you where in person you will like it specially at night. Any ways here in NYC PO PO'S (Cops) give you a hard time with color LED. I want it to keep it simple like the Audi. I had blue turn signal light and a cop pull me over because of that. The grater the color the more chance to get pull over. About the halos want it to change it up a bit. White and orance BMW has them so is not something new, "over rate" I like it blue gives it a agressive look and is different.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

but your car is neither BMW nor Audi.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    less is more.. not trying to be an ahole when people look at that they think ricer man....can't base a look to a car off of some ebay headlights/led's and think thats spicing it up...as far as colors for halos you can run any basing off of my setup it cancells the halos because of the brightness..idk how the ebay ones are..

The halos on the Ebay projectors are ass. There are 4 lights per halo (top, bottom, sides) and they aren't very bright at all. If the halos were CCFL, they would have been much better. Overall, I'm happy with the lights though, especially with HID.

Experienced TGC Member
    I kinda wanna get these for the he'll of it cuz my old heads are trash. Split em apart maybe throw a reflector in the turn signal and pop out the led's and see what I can do about the halos
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    The halos on the Ebay projectors are ass. There are 4 lights per halo (top, bottom, sides) and they aren't very bright at all. If the halos were CCFL, they would have been much better. Overall, I'm happy with the lights though, especially with HID.
    x2 on the shitty halos. you can still see mine with my HIDs on, but they are horrible when cruising around during the day. Then I look at bmw halos and they are extremely noticeable. An issue with these halos is that they are not completely sealed off from the high low beam area. If the lights halo bulbs were reflected and more focused it would be amazing.

Rich do you have HID highs?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    I kinda wanna get these for the he'll of it cuz my old heads are trash. Split em apart maybe throw a reflector in the turn signal and pop out the led's and see what I can do about the halos
    Not sure where exactly you want to put a reflector, but the "new" projectors on Ebay comes with a orange reflector now. The old one (like mine) didn't have reflectors.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES
    Rich do you have HID highs?
    No. I don't have any bulbs in the high beam section, only lows.

I never got around to doing it, but I was going to hook the high beam wires to the low beam bulbs and take the fuses out for the low beams. That way, it's a cheap mod to drive around with the turn signals on with the fog lights. When I want to use the headlights, I would flick it on to high beam and of course, the low beam headlights would turn on (because I switched the wires).

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    Not sure where exactly you want to put a reflector, but the "new" projectors on Ebay comes with a orange reflector now. The old one (like mine) didn't have reflectors.
    So all the new ones have the little orange thing around the turn signal bulb now?

Anyone ever find out the difference between the JM Auto and Ebay projectrs?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

^I was curious of that myself. Im considering going with JM auto, but since the ebay ones are cheaper im wonderin the difference?

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    So all the new ones have the little orange thing around the turn signal bulb now?

Anyone ever find out the difference between the JM Auto and Ebay projectrs?
    New lights:

Old lights:

Never heard of JM Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by tjones156 View Post
    ^I was curious of that myself. Im considering going with JM auto, but since the ebay ones are cheaper im wonderin the difference?
    Ok, just seen that they're a vendor here.

The difference is that the JM Auto projectors (same headlight housing), uses real HID projectors, instead of the halogen projectors that is in the Ebay headlights. If you've seen the beam patterns on the Ebay headlights, they have an ugly V-shape pattern. The JM Auto headlights/projectors have a straight horizontal beam pattern. Plus, they come with HID bulbs, ballasts, etc.

This is how the Ebay projector beam patter looks like (8000k HID):

Actually, the beam pattern is better this way, IMO. On the left side, you don't want the beam projecting into the on-coming traffic, but on the right side, it sits up higher -- projecting further down the road. With other projectors, it's just a straight line, so there is a distinct cut off. Anything above the cutoff line isn't illuminated.

You have seen JM's cutoff lines ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    but your car is neither BMW nor Audi.
    That is the whole point, you have to make it look like something. The same thing putting 4g63 parts to an 4g64 to perform like an EVO yet our cars are not EVO's but we want to performed like one or close to it. Is all about taste i think.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    You have seen JM's cutoff lines ?
    Yeah. Just look at JM Auto's forum:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...5&postcount=15

anyone has put these lights on with a JDM grille and JDM bumper? Would like to take a look at the gapping.

or is there an option of jdm projectors other than those sold on autodepo and the cibbies (which are impossible to find)?

i came across this old video of TGC rides. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwbMV_rg7Io, 2:30-2:38. there were quite a few members with the same projector heads on jdm kits. any ideas? oh and could someone tell me the title of the first song used in the video? love it!
    Last edited by zyro; 02-02-2010 at 01:05 AM

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast