The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EBAY Projector Headlights

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast
Showing results 641 to 660 of 687
    iMTB
    No projectors, just stock housings. Dust covers fit like stock, temp is 4300k which is beautiful white.

thats just higher temp bulbs in your stock lights right? I have them on my bike and car too.

has anyone ever considered the idea of getting the internals of the projector ebay usdms fitted into the stock housing of the jdms? im thinking this is the only way im going to get some nice jdm projectors.

iMTB
    Yeah, and I was mistaken earlier, apparently they are 4200k. I was trying to find some nice looking WHITE lights for my GTP back in the day and didn't want any of that blue ricer crap...ended up getting some of these and since then they've been the only aftermarket light I buy.

Here is a pic with the high beams on I took last night, perfectly white, no blue :)

Quote Originally Posted by iMTB View Post
    No projectors, just stock housings. Dust covers fit like stock, temp is 4300k which is beautiful white.
    Im sorry, but what does this have to do with Ebay projectors? There are HID threads where this belongs. And you order your HIDs from England? Why I mean besides you knowing the brand. DDMTuning sells 35w sets for like 36 shipped to your door.

Just ordered some slim ballast 55w HIDs for my lows. I got 5000K rather than 4500K cause I heard 55ws wash out colors so they should still be white. I will take some pictures when I finish doing this. I will also be cleaning my lenses of whatever residue is in there and modifying both dust caps to fit.

I may not hook up the halos for now since they do not really shine through much. Ill let you guys know.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 03-02-2010 at 08:16 AM

iMTB
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Im sorry, but what does this have to do with Ebay projectors? There are HID threads where this belongs. And you order your HIDs from England? Why I mean besides you knowing the brand. DDMTuning sells 35w sets for like 36 shipped to your door.
    I'm from England, great deals there haha. I only paid £27 for my headlights and foglights :D I'm posting this here so people that are looking at eBay projectors might see a cheaper alternative that works just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iMTB View Post
    I'm from England, great deals there haha. I only paid £27 for my headlights and foglights :D I'm posting this here so people that are looking at eBay projectors might see a cheaper alternative that works just as well.
    oh oki thought only your fam was ffrom england . my highs and lows combined cost me about 89 ponds and my fogs wil cost 27 pounds when i order them.

iMTB
    Yep, raised in Florida though.

Now I'm totally off topic, but I'll be joining the USAF soon and wonder if I'll get shit for it haha. You'll have to get me drunk to get an accent out of me, but I'm marked

I kno this is an old thread n i've read every single page in this thread to figure out my problem but that didnt work out so good..so i finally decided to order H1 hid replacement bulb for my H4 hid kit that i had on my stock heads..n the H1 bulb wont fit into my projectors that i bought off ebay..it seems that the bulb is kinda too wide..any1 can help me solve this problem? do i have to shave the hole to make my H1 HID bulb to fit?

Quote Originally Posted by 02GalantGuy View Post
    I kno this is an old thread n i've read every single page in this thread to figure out my problem but that didnt work out so good..so i finally decided to order H1 hid replacement bulb for my H4 hid kit that i had on my stock heads..n the H1 bulb wont fit into my projectors that i bought off ebay..it seems that the bulb is kinda too wide..any1 can help me solve this problem? do i have to shave the hole to make my H1 HID bulb to fit?
    No I believe someone with an eclipse did the same thing. The issue is getting the igniting wire, the one on the side of the bulb, into the housing. It is a tight squeeze, but my h1 HIDs fit in both highs and lows without trimming jsut take your time and dont mess up bulbs.

O ok i tried last night but every time i go in to put in the bulb i feel like its going to touch which it did T.T i hope i didn't mess up the H1 bulb i gave up after it touch..is it suppose to b that tight? it seems that no1 had this problem beside one other person wen they took it to the shop to get it installed..i read every single page on here n it seems no1 had this problem..is there a certain way to put in the H1 bulb wit out it touching or scraping on the in? how did u get it in n which way was the igniting wire facing wit out any problems?

If you take the head light and face it towars you the ignition wire should face at around 9 o'clock it is fine if the bulb touches the housing, but dont let it touch your hands the oils are what ruins the longevity of the bulb. If you're worried about the bulb get latex gloves put them on and get alcoholic swaps, the medical ones, and rub the bulbs. Let them dry then install as I told you.

o ok i see thankz imma give that a try n i kno the part bout not touchin the bulb lol jus scared that the housing might potentially do sum harm to the bulb but since every1 on here didnt have a problem i shouldnt run into any either..thankz i always thought the igniting wire should b facing down towards 6 o'clock cuz thats how i was told to put it into my stock heads..again i appreciate the help xD

ok i got my Low beam install wit my H1 HID replacement bulb..but im confused to how to get my high beam to work..i jus connected my H1 bulb directly to the ballast n left out the other wire that came wit the bulb..the non hid wires that has male connectors..so im not good with wirin n itz prolly plug n play but thats how bad i am wit wiring...can sum1 help me on how to get my high beams to work? sorry im jus that bad...thankz

The high beams have same wire as low beams. The lows are a light blue the highs are a red. The is for the hot wire at least. Plug the Hot wire, red on high beam to the bulb in the high beam housing. Inside the housing there is a grounding point...If I remember correctly, I could be wrong, but it was on at about 3 oclock inside the housing. Ground the black wire to that for the highs and they should work. It is a doosy to reinstall them and mount correctly, but if you have the heads out it is easier.

o ok i see..thankz alot for the help lol xD i appreciate it ^^

dam the left side of my lows already gone out....T.T that sucks already need a new pair >.>

check out xtralights.com i got my headlight assemblys from there

Quote Originally Posted by 02GalantGuy View Post
    dam the left side of my lows already gone out....T.T that sucks already need a new pair >.>
    HID or Halogen?

make sure you seal them so they don't turn into fish bowls.
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    HID or Halogen?
    HIDs already out..sorry for the late reply i been workin overtime T.T..but yea after i got the H1's into my projectors the left side already blew out haha i was pissed wen that happened cuz i had finally wired up the projectors so that my highs came out too wit ur help lol..now sumthin odd happened..i tried puttin halogen H1s bak for temp until i get another set of HIDs...n they wont turn on at all...jus my Highs r able to turn on...idk wats wrong...i connected everythin right for the lows but both sides jus wont turn on anymore jus my highs..LEDs n halos turn on fine also...can any help me as to wats goin on?

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast