The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: coilover maintenance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    yeah i see pics installed cuz i like how they have that sway bar link tab done and i think i wanna fabricate something similar
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member
    Hmm...so what if i were to coat the coilovers with rubberized coating. Or even an undercoat spray? Ive got the money for coilovers (finally), but ill be damned if ima pay $1000 for something that cant handle these Northeast winters.

i was just looking at my d2 and it looks like they are clear coated? because at the bottom of one of the front shocks it looks like it is cracking a tiny it. you could probably coat it with something if your very careful not to get it in the threads
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

good idea. for now I'll try to wash it often, then clear coat it when it gets warmer out

GREEN is the new BLACK

Experienced TGC Member
    So how many guys have coilovers in snowy weather areas? Id really hate to splurge on coilovers only to have them ruined after a winter in the northeast...

mine were seized after last winter, danj helped me out with suggesting pb blster, it helped, i brought it to a shop who took 2 hours to loosen them up. then they sprayed some silicone protection adn anti seize, so hopefully they're not seized thsi year or imma be pissed, cuz im ging to clean them up today and do some adjusting since its nice out. I have tein basic dampers btw

when I dropped my car, I used liquid wrench and a toothbrush to remove the anti-seize compound that I put. liquid wrench should also protect the threads from corrosion. I will be doing regular cleaning on the coilovers to prevent the threads from seizing. the anti-seize compound I previously used caused sand and dirt to get stuck on the threads.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12