The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Auto trans

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    TGC Regular

Auto trans

Does anyone possible have a write up on how to rebult an automatic trans for either the 7th gen or one of the 1st or 2nd gen eclipses? preferably the ecplise becaue i wanna stay uto but i have heard that they are stronger.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    ok if u rebuild any auto tranny its gonna cost u a good amount.. i payed 1400 for mine and the replaced everything in the tranny.. a good idea is upgrade the end clutches and the torque convertor on our tranies. if you go with an eclipse tanny u need 2 change ur front axles as well cuz they have a different input shaft. and that will cost a bit esp if ur gonna rebuild it.. if nething get a used auto eclipse trany and axles and use that it will be much stronger than our trannies are now

may i ask y u want to stay auto? u can change 2 5 spd for well under the costs u r looking at.. i only rebuilt mine as i needed the car back asap and couldnt do the swap, but the swap is worth it and i hope to do mine this summer
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

TGC Regular
    well i want to stay auto for right now becasue i really dont have the time to be able to do the swap. I use my car as a dd so i want it to be simple for right now. I have an old 7th gen auto trans that i already blew and i was thinking about rebulding it. just so its stronger cuz i know this one is going to go. eventually im going to get another dd and park my 7th gen then all of the fun will start lol. but for right now im just doing simple bolt ons and still making it to work.

TGC Regular
    do you think that i should just have a shop do it? i always wanted to learn how to rebuld one i just want to know where to get the parts and maybe a manual on how to do it???

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    just don't take it to AAMCO
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    well i know that plus when my trans did actually blow i called them and they said they wanted 3 grand to rebuld it i laughed in there face

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I was in the same boat as you were in man, I was thinking rebuilding my auto tranny but saw how cheap it is to swap 5 speed. Auto was running about 2,800-3,800, but I dont wanna say anything cuz I dont now what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    do you think that i should just have a shop do it? i always wanted to learn how to rebuld one i just want to know where to get the parts and maybe a manual on how to do it???
    i had a shop do mine when i was in a jam, my 7g is my dd as well and they had it back 2 me i a week fully rebuilt.. they did everything perfect.. im doing the 5spd by myself tho this summer as they want crazy money 4 that.. and trust me auto trannies r no fun to do by urself ur off even the slightest bit plan on replacing everything again..

also think of ur plans for this car yea its ur daily now but if u plan on making it a project later on doing the swap now would save u a lot of money.. get all the parts 4 the swap then when the auto goes swap it and b done with it esp if u plan on doing nething 2 the motor
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    I was in the same boat as you were in man, I was thinking rebuilding my auto tranny but saw how cheap it is to swap 5 speed. Auto was running about 2,800-3,800, but I dont wanna say anything cuz I dont now what your looking for.
    were u planning on going new? cuz if not thats insane for just a rebuild,, mine was 1400 and was done at a shop
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    damn thats ridiculous. aamco quoted me $2,100 back in the day, and i thought even that was retarded. i paid them, they fucked it up even more and told me i was crazy when i was test driving with the guy afterwards and the car was kicking my kidneys to shit every shift. thats when i did the manual swap for a grand less and a million smiles more
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You are better off finding a used low milage A/T transmission.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    You are better off finding a used low milage A/T transmission.
    i have 2 agrre wit u as i rebuilt mine 3 times only paid 4 one of the rebuilds.. but now im using a low mileage used tranny and it hasnt missed a beat... better than rebuilt and my old case has a slight misalignment in it which u couldnt even tell and it ruined all of the rebuilt 1s
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR