The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just threw timming belt

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Just threw timming belt

Just throught the belt and am planning to take everything apart to see what the damage is. My Question is will evo 8 cometic head gasket fit for my 64/G?
    It will most likely be rebuilt stock head and stock block? Yes I will be doind everything else too. Water pump, oil pump, head, rings and bearings....? Can anyone add in if i am forgeting about something. Worst case I woul dhave to pull a block out of salvage yard if anything.

what year galant do you have??? 94-98 the head wont fit if you have ea 99-03, you should be all good.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Doubt you'll need a new block. If you got off it as soon as it happened I'd say just bent valves and hopefully the pistons aren't completely ruined if you need the car back asap. From what I've been told the evo 8 head has the same passages so it should match perfectly.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

such little information....
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

well sorry for such little info...

It actually just happened about 3 hours ago and i had to leave baby on the side of the Highway. Sux but untill i get to ripping stuff apart i really dont know. I will post videos and other stuff as it comes up this weekend sorry guys. It is an 02 and I was turbo...lol well we will see....
    Last edited by Boostdgalant; 01-22-2009 at 02:59 PM

ramos your a jackass, lol. i told u six months ago the evo 8 head gasket will fit perfectly. i can get you one for like $50.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.