The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turn signals not working. Help please.

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Turn signals not working. Help please.

Ok, so my cousin has a red 2000 ES I4 and she parked the car for about a month. When she started using it again, the turn signals and hazards dont work. The parking lights work when you turn them on, but the turn signals don't they dont blink when you hit the "unlock/lock" button on the key fob either. I've checked all of the fuses, even fuses that dont pertain to the turn signals. I checked it. I've searched and searched and I'm at a loss. Could it be a relay? or the switch?? Has anyone had this problem?? How could I diagnose the relay if its faulty or not?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

realay sounds like the problem, ie the internals are stuck.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    it could also be the flasher unit.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Like Carl said.. Check the flasher.. That sounds like it could be the problem..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Everyone always talks about this "relay' and "flashing unit" excuse my french but where the fuck are they? when my signals didnt work my option was change the bulbs, change the turn signal lever and change the ETACS ECU, I had to change the ETACS ECU to get my shit to work. Mine always worked, but they blinked fast until I changed the ETACS. And I still occasionally have to replace the signal lever. I guess there is a short or something that keeps killing the lever, I just cant find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Everyone always talks about this "relay' and "flashing unit" excuse my french but where the fuck are they? when my signals didnt work my option was change the bulbs, change the turn signal lever and change the ETACS ECU, I had to change the ETACS ECU to get my shit to work. Mine always worked, but they blinked fast until I changed the ETACS. And I still occasionally have to replace the signal lever. I guess there is a short or something that keeps killing the lever, I just cant find it.
    lol. I was just about to ask, where the relay and the flasher unit is. seriously I was examining the fucking fuse block for like an hour trying to figure shit out.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Actually there are two relays, but they are integrated into the ETACS-ECU, so you are all right. Just when it fails internal to the ECU you need a new ECU. My question would be do the hazards work?/

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Actually there are two relays, but they are integrated into the ETACS-ECU, so you are all right. Just when it fails internal to the ECU you need a new ECU. My question would be do the hazards work?/

nope hazards dont work. They dont even blink when you press unlock or lock on the keyfob. Not even when you press panic.

ETACS-ECU needs to be replaced.

traffik
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    ETACS-ECU needs to be replaced.
    ok if the ETACS is the little green box under the dash board where the fuse panel is, then yes it is that. I had this problem before and I traced it back to that little green box. that box controls all of your light. Not sure how much it cast at the dealer but you can try your local junk yard for one.

I4betterthanUR4
    Would this prevent the car from starting? I'm having similar problems but my engine won't crank either.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    It shouldnt unless you fried the engine ECU which is not the same as the ETACS ECU.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS