The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wheels with tax refund...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 50 of 50
    DZ wheels, found them on ebay, but others should be able to order them. google it

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    I am watching some evo 8 wheels that are only at 300 right now, 2 days left. I also found some motegi's last week but I cant find them now haha!

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    thanks 6G72. I like those 5 spoke chrome TSW's, those look real good. I'll have to shop around and see whats out there. I appreciate every ones help. NOW my next question, what brand of tire do you guys prefer? I have goodyear eagle GT's right now and they are alright but pretty loud
    For the past several years, I've been buying knockoff Chinese brand tires, like Wanli. I haven't been able to find those anymore and the place I go to buy tires now only stock Sunny tires. Wanli got sued by Yokohama because they literally copied the tire tread pattern from one of their tires a few years back.

Wanli S-1099

Yokohama AVS

--------

Sunny SN3800

Sunny tires (as well as Wanli, if you can find them) cost only $80 each, installed & balanced. When I first went with 18's, I bought Yokohama Parada's and they were loud as hell and wore out quick - even after I got a wheel alignment. These cheap Sunny tires, I initially bought 2 for the rear and kept them on for over 1 year without a rotation and without an alignment (this was immediately after I went from 2" drop springs to 1.2" drop springs) and the tire wear after one year was very slight, only on the inside. The middle and outside looks new.

I have Kumho Ecsta AST XL's on my Sentra and they're great. Quite as can be. But considering you said you're a poor college student, I would again suggest you get what you can afford. When I went through money issues, I wasn't above buying used tires. The used tires I purchased where in good shape and lasted longer than some of the new tires I purchased in the past and was 1/4 the cost of new.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I have the same tires right now on my RalliArt wheels.. Kumho Ecsta AST's they are alot smoother than the Toyos I had on there and they handle better. Got all four for $304 shipped from www.discounttiredirect.com They are 225/40/18's

I was thinking about getting the kuhmo AST's. My buddy told me to get falken but his tires wore out fast...

Experienced TGC Member
    BGR is right on those tires too. Although im sure Avons, and Goodyears are far superior in performance, Nankang tires are not bad either. I never heard of the company before i bought my wheels. But i was running the Nankang NS2's. Tread life was good. And with the reinforced sidewall, i never bent any wheels. And at a little over $80 per, theyre not bad for someone who is on a budget. BUt if youve got money to burn, dont hesitate to upgrade Goodyears.

Oh yeah! I like my goodyears...but I'll probably go with kuhmo!

here u go... cheap AND good. $650 shipped OBO 19x7.5 +45

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34441

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post

Reelax on the other hand, that was the best deal he could get at the time, IIRC. I originally wanted to get the Eclipse GT, but at the time, they would not sell for anything less than $26,000 and that was before markup. Now, I can get a GT for about $6000 or less. F'n amazing.
    BGR has a good memory... i bought my car when it first came out and originally i was not going to do a thing to it. i was trying to be "practical". i originally was going to buy a benz convertible, but decided that i didn't need to do that since i just bought a house and was doing renovations. well long story short, i couldn't keep it stock because i was deep in the tuner community (peer pressure is a bitch); i went to Santa Monica College then LMU and ran the same circles as RJ (ROJA) and Kenny from DARKSIDE etc. i had tuned HONDA's, TOYOTA's and ACURA's before i ever even bought this car. My first car was a 1989 ISUZU TROOPER 4WD w/ 2 CERWIN VEGA 15's (does anybody remember when CERWIN VEGA was the shit?). i knew i wanted a 4 sedan and my choices were an ACURA TL or the GALANT (it just looked so much better than everything else out at the time); the only other options in that class were the ACCORD and the CAMRY... both were too common. i went to the dealership knowing exactly what i wanted with $15,000 in my pocket. i told the salesperson i wanted a silver V6 w/ power everything, leather and a sunroof... they told me that the only one available in LA was one w/ cloth and no sunroof at another dealership about 50 miles away. they told me they would get it for me and put the leather and sunroof in. i ended up putting down 1/2 of the total (~$13,000) and financed the rest, sight unseen; i never even test drove it. it came out to around $26,000 w/ tax, license, finance etc (u guys gotta remeber this is LA and you guys get almost everything cheaper than we do). up until this point i was renting cars at $200-$300 per week so i really didn't care anymore. i picked up the car 3 days later and debadged it on the lot (my first mod). a week later i saw and bought JDM tail lights and a JDM grill on a business trip to asia, brouight them home in my suitcase, and slapped the tailights on when i got home... that's when i discovered the JDM grill was a different size than the USDM one (and it looked so silly with the gaps) so i bought JDM headlights to go w/ the grill and then i just couldn't stop... then i found TGC and well you know the rest of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant View Post
    ...Dont let big ballaz like Reelax intimidate you. Ive been here for a few years, and after seeing/hearing about the money hes spent on his Galant for high end parts...im wondering why the hell he chooses to own a Galant and not a Bentley lol

I will admit though, some high $$$ wheels look far better than the cheaper styles.
    funny u mention me getting a BENTLEY instead... CALI, BILLET and i were joking around at MOD07 that we should have just gone in and got one... we collectively have dropped enough together over the years to have bought one in cash... i told them i would get to drive it on friday and saturday nights tho, they could split it on the weekdays!

sometime i wish i just bought the CLK, but then again, i probably would have done the same thing to it and that would have cost at least twice as much (u guys that think JDM aftermarket is expensive, u should see what the euro guys are paying for parts; my little cousin allready has spent more on mods to his c230 SPORT than me in half the time and i have more done); his wheels cost 25% more than mine!

I remember when Becker speakers and EV speakers were the shit, as well as Zeus amplifiers.

Hell, when I was a kid, Jensen head units where the shit!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123