The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wheels with tax refund...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 50
    Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar

Wheels with tax refund...

I am getting new wheels with my tax refund, I want these wheels from discount tire (dont know if I'll order them from there but thats where I found them) Here is the link:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...5037&rc=AZEINT

My question is: Are 18x7 to skinny? Its the same width (I believe) as the stock wheels. I know a lot of people rock 18x7.5, is there a major performance difference?

Banned
    18x8.5 is the best fitment for 8G's in my opinion! nothing looks better!!

17's are probably a little better for performance though.

you should be fine with 7 wide.

I want 18x8 but I love the look of those rims, and they are pretty cheap too! they widest they go is 7 :(

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    you should be fine with 7 wide.
    thanks, I dont go to the track often and when I go its normally to see my friends mustang and WRX race so the performance part of it is not as important. I dont want it to look stupid though...

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    thanks, I dont go to the track often and when I go its normally to see my friends mustang and WRX race so the performance part of it is not as important. I dont want it to look stupid though...
    if you don't want it to look stupid, then don't get those wheels. buy something nicer than that garbage.

^ x2, if you're gonna buy new wheels, either buy something OEM or get something from a reputable company like enkei, volk, works, etc...
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I swear Reelax and I think the same when it comes to wheels. If you cant afford new volks, ssr, works etc...get some used ones for cheaper. i find deals all the time for some quality wheels. just gotta be patient and search. if youre serious about buying some wheels with good tires on them, i got a friend who is looking to sell his staggered racing hart type-c 3 piece for like 8-900. 17x7.5 +38 and 17x8 +38. they are mint, got them reconditioned and has tires on it with probably 80% tread. and thats a steal. if youre serious about buying them, ill ask him to take pics so you can see them.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

^ are you serious, that's hella cheap, I'd like to see some pics, I'm interested.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

These are nice...
    Gram Lights 57Optimise

^ about $400 a wheel. I like them but I cant afford them.

Go here: www.superbuytires.com you should be able to find plenty you like there, for less money, that have a similar design.

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    I swear Reelax and I think the same when it comes to wheels. If you cant afford new volks, ssr, works etc...get some used ones for cheaper. i find deals all the time for some quality wheels. just gotta be patient and search. if youre serious about buying some wheels with good tires on them, i got a friend who is looking to sell his staggered racing hart type-c 3 piece for like 8-900. 17x7.5 +38 and 17x8 +38. they are mint, got them reconditioned and has tires on it with probably 80% tread. and thats a steal. if youre serious about buying them, ill ask him to take pics so you can see them.
    Post pics please, if you get a chance.

R1 racing a decent brand?

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    Post pics please, if you get a chance.
    Ill talk to him today, and see if he can take pics this weekend.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

cool thanks man.

You know what man, buy what you can afford. No offense to my friend Reelax, but he makes a hell of a lot of money to afford expensive wheels.

I don't know about you, but I curb wheels, especially when I'm trying to be careful, so I adopted an attitude of buying inexpensive wheels for daily driving. Fuck getting $500 a piece wheels if you're not going to be careful or not "showing off" your car. Get whatever you can afford. Back in the day, 18" wheels for less than $200 was a bargain, now, they can be had for less than $100 (not necessarily a great looking wheel, but still). I remember back in the day when people would ridicule people for having ICW wheels. ICW's aren't cheap anymore, and quite honestly, those guys I knew that was talking shit - well - they're now facing foreclosure on their homes, so yeah, have a nice looking car, but if you don't have anywhere to park it...

R1, ADR, Stern, etc, those are ok wheels.

18 x 7 are fine. They're not going to look "skinny". The tire will be 225/40-18, standard. Plus, you won't have to roll your fenders.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    ^ are you serious, that's hella cheap, I'd like to see some pics, I'm interested.

I bought these 3 piece Racing Hart C's (the first series), with custom chrome lip, from a ex-friend of mine for $1000+ a computer I built for him (a hand me down basically). That was 8 years ago; No tires included.. These are 18 x 8 and I had to put the wheels together, one rivet at a time with loctitie on each nut and I had to put silicone on the inside to seal the wheels. Pain in the ass. Two of the wheels leaked (because I didn't wait long enough for the silicone to cure) and I haven't put them back on since the Vegas meet in 2002. Thankfully, I never curbed these wheels. I tried selling them, wheels only, for $600, and kept getting low bids and shit.

those look good, I'll have to think about them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast