Chassis Ground BODY
    Power Antenna
    Remote PK*
    Illumination 3 GN/WT
    Dimmer 9 BK/YW

FUSE VALUE FUSE LABEL FUSEBOX LOCATION
    10 AMP #23 DRIVER'S SIDE UNDER HOOD
    10 AMP #22 DRIVER'S SIDE UNDER HOOD
    *The radio sends audio signal and turn-on leads to the Infinity amplifier through the smaller 14-pin plug. The amp is located to the right of the glovebox and must be bypassed by running new speaker wires to the amp location and splicing to speaker outputs.

The steering wheel control wires are GN/BK and GN/OG. Both are located in the 10-pin plug.

Infinity Amplifier Wiring

FUNCTION PIN WIRE COLOR
    Chassis Ground 2 BK
    Constant 12 Volt 3 BU
    R/F Door Spkr - 4 BK/RD
    R/F Dash Tweeter + 5 WT/RD
    L/F Dash Tweeter + 6 WT/BU
    Left Rear Spkr + 7 YW/BU
    Right Rear Spkr - 8 GY/RD
    Chassis Ground 10 BK
    Constant 12 Volt 11 BU
    R/F Door Spkr + 12 WT/RD
    L/F Door Spkr - 13 BK/BU
    L/F Door Spkr + 14 WT/BU
    R/F Dash Tweeter - 15 BK/RD
    L/F Dash Tweeter - 16 BK/BU
    Left Rear Spkr - 17 GY/BU
    Right Rear Spkr + 18 YW/RD
    The amplifier is protected by a 20 AMP fuse labeled #3, located in the driver's side dash endcap fusebox.

The amp remote lead is the PK wire in the 12-pin plug.

Amplifier Bypass Instructions
    FUNCTION RADIO COLOR Connects to Also connects to
    Left Front + WT WT/BU (TWEETER) WT/BU (WOOFER)
    Left Front - WT/BK BK/BU (TWEETER) BK/BU (WOOFER)
    Right Front + GY WT/RD (TWEETER) WT/RD (WOOFER)
    Right Front - GY/BK BK/RD (TWEETER) BK/RD (WOOFER)
    Left Rear + GN YW/RD
    Left Rear - GN/BK GY/RD
    Right Rear + VT YW/BU
    Right Rear - VT/BK GY/BU
    Since the amplifier is located to the right of the glovebox, the speaker wires from the radio must be lengthened. Be sure to tape off any other wires at the amplifier location as they will not be used.

Video and Navigation Wires
    FUNCTION LOCATION COLOR
    Vehicle Speed Sensor Pin #20 of 20-pin plug at center display unit in dash YW/BK
    Reverse Light ( + ) Pin #4 of 16-pin plug located behind LH kickpanel trim RD/BU
    Parking Brake ( - ) At parking brake switch YW/GN
    Brake Light ( + ) At brake pedal switch GN

2004-2008 Mitsubishi Galant WITHOUT Infinity/or Rockford Fosgate Wiring Information

FUNCTION PIN WIRE COLOR
    Accessory 12 Volt 11 BU
    Constant 12 Volt 10 RD/WT
    Chassis Ground BODY
    Power Antenna
    Remote
    Illumination 3 GN/WT
    Dimmer 9 BK/YW

10 AMP #23 DRIVER'S SIDE UNDER HOOD
    The wires in the 8-pin plug at the radio connect to the dash display unit - DO NOT USE THESE WIRES!

The dash tweeters are wired in parallel with the door speakers.
    Left Front Spkr + 2 WT/BU
    Left Front Spkr - 8 BK/BU
    Right Front Spkr + 1 WT/RD
    Right Front Spkr - 7 BK/RD
    Left Rear Spkr + 5 YW/BU
    Left Rear Spkr - 13 GY/BU
    Right Rear Spkr + 6 YW/RD
    Right Rear Spkr - 14 GY/RD

FUNCTION LOCATION COLOR
    Vehicle Speed Sensor Pin #20 of 20-pin plug at center display unit in dash YW/BK
    Reverse Light ( + ) Pin #4 of 16-pin plug located behind LH kickpanel trim RD/BU

2007-2008 Mitsubishi Galant WITH Rockford Fosgate Wiring Information

15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

FUNCTION PIN WIRE COLOR
    Accessory 12 Volt 11 BU
    Constant 12 Volt 10 RD/WT
    Chassis Ground BODY
    Power Antenna 4 PK ¹
    Remote
    Illumination 3 GN/WT
    Dimmer 9 BK/YW

15 AMP #23 DRIVER'S SIDE UNDER HOOD
    The dash tweeters and rear side panel speakers are bi-wired, receiving signal from both the receiver and the amplifier. When an aftermarket stereo is installed, the amp should be bypassed by running wire to the output side of the amp. The subwoofer will be lost.

¹ The PK wire triggers the both the booster for the in-glass antenna and the Rockford Fosgate amplifier.

² DO NOT USE THESE WIRES!
    Left Front + to Spkr 2 WT/BU ²
    Left Front + to Amp 20 PK ²
    Left Front - to Spkr 8 BK/BU ²
    Left Front - to Amp 31 BU ²
    Right Front + to Spkr 1 WT/RD ²
    Right Front + to Amp 16 VT ²
    Right Front - to Spkr 7 BK/RD ²
    Right Front - to Amp 17 L.GN ²
    Left Rear + to Spkr 5 YW/BU ²
    Left Rear + to Amp 26 PK ²
    Left Rear - to Spkr 13 GY/BU ²
    Left Rear - to Amp 21 BU ²
    Right Rear + to Spkr 6 YW/GN ²
    Right Rear + to Amp 29 VT ²
    Right Rear - to Spkr 14 WT ²
    Right Rear - to Amp 28 L.GN ²
    Audio Shield to Amp ² 18
    30 BK/BU
    BK/RD
    BK/YW

Amplifier Wiring

19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Read numbers from pin side of vehicle connector.
    FUNCTION PIN WIRE COLOR
    Left Door Spkr + 1 WT/BU
    Right Door Spkr + 2 WT/RD
    Constant 12 Volt 4 RD/GN
    Chassis Ground 5 BK
    Subwoofer Coil 1 + 7 GY
    Subwoofer Coil 2 + 8 GY/RD
    Left Door Spkr - 9 BK/BU
    Right Door Spkr - 10 BK/RD
    Constant 12 Volt 11 RD/GN
    Constant 12 Volt 12 RD/GN
    Chassis Ground 15 BK
    Chassis Ground 16 BK
    Subwoofer Coil 1 - 17 RD/BU
    Subwoofer Coil 2 - 18 RD

Read numbers from pin side of vehicle connector.
    FUNCTION PIN WIRE COLOR
    Right Front - Input 19 L.GN
    Shield Ground 20 BK
    Right Rear + Input 21 VT
    Left Rear - Input 22 BU
    Amp Remote 24 PK
    Left Front + Input 25 PK
    Right Front + Input 26 VT
    Shield Ground 27 BK/OG
    Right Rear - Input 28 L.GN
    Left Rear + Input 29 PK
    Shield Ground 30 BK
    Shield Ground 31 BK/YW
    Left Front - Input 32 BU
    The amplifier is protected by a 30A fuse labeled #12 that is located in the fuse box under the hood.

Amplifier Bypass Instructions
    FUNCTION RADIO COLOR Connects to Also connects to
    Left Front + WT WT/BU (TWEETER) WT/BU (WOOFER)
    Left Front - WT/BK BK/BU (TWEETER) BK/BU (WOOFER)
    Right Front + GY WT/RD (TWEETER) WT/RD (WOOFER)
    Right Front - GY/BK BK/RD (TWEETER) BK/RD (WOOFER)
    Left Rear + GN YW/RD
    Left Rear - GN/BK GY/RD
    Right Rear + VT YW/BU
    Right Rear - VT/BK GY/BU
    Since the amplifier is located to the right of the glovebox, the speaker wires from the radio must be lengthened. Be sure to tape off any other wires at the amplifier location as they will not be used.

FUNCTION LOCATION COLOR

Bezels / Face plates can be bought here

http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=99-7012

http://www.metraonline.com/products.aspx?s=99-7012
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 09-27-2009 at 11:01 PM
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

rocgalant
    Good job haus! Yes please pics! I am going to attempt to wire an amp to my door and rear deck speakers on an '09 w/o Rockford. I guess the '09 wiring is the same as the'08 since they both offer the Rockford package. So I guess the stock non-rockford radio would be the same too. NEway, good job!

hey, i was wondering if this is at all possible. I have an 06 SE which has the single disc MP3 radio. I wanna get the infinity radio then get an aftermarket amp and speakers. Can i do this? thanks in advance

yes you can do it... however if your buying a stereo, might as well buy something better then the infinity one and buy an adaptor to still utilize your steering controls

the reason i wanna go to the infinity radio is because i am installing a car pc, and need an Aux in for the sound from it. i found this http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=MIT-35M, but apparently it can only be used if you can get the aux selection to come up when you hold down CD. Its really important to me to keep the stock look, which is why im insatlling the carpc in the same place that the navi is on the ralliart model.

http://cas07.businessflow.ms/3.9.6/m...4-ff3d3b8d4eb4

Is that black circle plug in the back for a cd changer? and if so is there any way to utilize that for an aux in jack? thanks in advance
    Last edited by moelsaied88; 02-11-2009 at 09:59 PM

rocgalant
    Just to co-sign- I have the '09 with standard non-rockford system and the color code is exact. I used it to wire my amp 4 channel amp. I also checked Crutchfield, which had the same diagram (for '07) with a pic of the wiring harness numbering too:
    http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/cgi-...i=&p_topview=1

Quote Originally Posted by moelsaied88 View Post
    the reason i wanna go to the infinity radio is because i am installing a car pc, and need an Aux in for the sound from it. i found this http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=MIT-35M, but apparently it can only be used if you can get the aux selection to come up when you hold down CD. Its really important to me to keep the stock look, which is why im insatlling the carpc in the same place that the navi is on the ralliart model.

http://cas07.businessflow.ms/3.9.6/m...4-ff3d3b8d4eb4

Is that black circle plug in the back for a cd changer? and if so is there any way to utilize that for an aux in jack? thanks in advance
    sorry didnt see the post a while back... the back socket is for an external cd changer. If you wanted an input you can easily get one from an auto shop and get the ones that plugs directly into the antenna... all you have to do is just turn to a specific station

rocgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10 View Post
    sorry didnt see the post a while back... the back socket is for an external cd changer. If you wanted an input you can easily get one from an auto shop and get the ones that plugs directly into the antenna... all you have to do is just turn to a specific station
    Are you talking about an FM Modulator? I installed one in mine and I really don't like it. It plays ok on some songs but on others, there can be a lot of static/hiss coming through. Like 'Creep' from Radiohead, there is a steady hi-hat beat through the song and it's straight static. Other songs, say 'Dead and Gone' from TI, it plays fine.

I had some questions about the install of an aftermarket radio in a 2005 Galant w/ infinity system.

I installed it w/o verifying if I have a woofer/amp in the car. I just cut wires and installed it and everything works and sounds good. is this an issue if I do have a woofer/amp? Is there an easy way to tell?

I can't find the pics to this guide, which would help a TON! I'm trying to install a head unit into my 2004 Galant LS with Infinity system. You can't use the amp with an aftermarket deck is that right? Why can't you use it, the signals are different? I already purchased 2 adapters that didn't fit and now I am attempting to splice into them and do it myself, but I can't find a good photo of which harness to cut into, the left or the right?

Don't cut! I have the afapter and it fit from factory infinity amp to rca inputs in the deck I got it off amazon search forums but I if u need I can't get u a part number til Tom I'm going to sleep.

Found this but it doesn't have a pic either.
    http://www.modifiedlife.com/2004-mit...install-guide/

Here is what my connections look like, and an adapter that didn't fit.
    Could someone please help me out? I don't want to fry my new deck, and $300 from best buy is insane. I might as well re-run the wires through everything to the speakers if I can't figure out this amp deal. POS 6disk nightmare lol

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii492/Sleeper1930/
    http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/...930/?start=all
    Last edited by SLeeper1930; 07-11-2012 at 05:59 PM

Here metra 70-7003 look it up on amazon. It is 14 bucks and that's what I used to add in in infinity amp, now as for the wiring digram of the amp I think I just google it which is a pain but its out there. If u really can't find it then PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    Here metra 70-7003 look it up on amazon. It is 14 bucks and that's what I used to add in in infinity amp, now as for the wiring digram of the amp I think I just google it which is a pain but its out there. If u really can't find it then PM me.
    That wont fit unless I'm looking at the wrong amp, the one on the side of the glove box right? It has two square connections on it, and the connections behind the OEM deck are square too, no circle harness to be found. The 6-Disk must be different or something. I looked under the seat and didn't see any amp just a box that is for the seat sensor and air bags.

Damn ok let me think, u have 9g galant when I get home tonight ill look it up and see is the amp and cable part number if I can, and then ill try to find what model it is. Do u see any model markings on the amp, the amp I think that works with is the older 8g amps my bad.

Yeah when i ripped the dash apart I seen some I didn't write them down I will have to do that when i get time tomorrow

Amp part number is Mr979336

So I'm going to need the $50.00 adapter? I think I am just going to give up trying to use the amp and go ahead and rewire everything, I plan on getting a 4 channel amplifier anyways. Unless someone can help me with the correct diagram. I'll post picks when I am done for sure! Installing an entire T1 Power line-up from Rockford 2012 series. Already have everything sitting in the garage, well except for the 4 channel amp, was hoping to get by with the infinity amp for a while but oh well.

Ok well one other problem, infinity uses 2 ohm speakers all aroun which means with half the power they sound as loud as four ohm. So if u chnage the system completety you need to chnage all speakers as well

I'm just going to give up on trying to integrate the factory amp and run new thicker speaker cable to the aftermarket deck until I get a new amp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast