The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 04-08 Radio Diagram Controls w/ Pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    What year and trim is ur car its two amp options one is 360w Rockford amp

Oops nvm on that but another part number was 8701a107

The infinity amp is 979336 with and the head unit is the infinity 6-disk changer MN141260. On the 2004 Galant LS

Does anyone now of a way to use an aftermarket deck with the stock infinity amp?

For anyone interested in hooking up an aftermarket head unit to the stock infinity amp here are the wiring colors. I was able to do this and now have a pioneer deck sending audio through the infinity amp. It sounds great! This is for the 2004 Galant LS. Might apply to others, but these colors are different from the info on first page. Stock head unit was MN141260

Amp wiring from harness next to antenna (cut the ends off of rca cables and splice them into the front and rear connections from the amp then connect to preouts on back of aftermarket head unit)
    Amp turn on -Pink
    Ground -Brown
    Ground -Brown/White
    Front Left(+) -White/Blue
    Front Left(-) -Orange/Blue
    Front Right(+) -Red
    Front Right(-) -Green
    Rear Left(+) -White (will be next to orange in harness)
    Rear Left(-) -Orange
    Rear Right(+) -White (will be next to black in harness)
    Rear Right(-) -Black
    Last edited by sdaztecs24; 09-30-2012 at 10:58 PM

what if i need my preouts for a signal to my amp and subs in the trunk?

Quote Originally Posted by kendotelie View Post
    what if i need my preouts for a signal to my amp and subs in the trunk?
    You can either buy a head unit that has 3 sets of preouts(one set for front, one set for rear, and one set for sub), or you can buy y-splitters like this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-2pcs-1-Ma...item3a78e0fec0
    and run the front and rear speakers of one set of preouts and the sub off of the sub/rear preout on the headunit if it only has two sets.

ok so i have successfully installed a new aftermarket headunit, not only does it have an aux port, it has a sd card slot and usb port. Badass!!! now i dont even need my phone plugged up, and having a bunch of wires hanging. 2 things though, i think i might lose my tweeters soon. I tied them into the front door speakers so i complete sound, but does anyone know of a way to wire them correctly...Also i think i have somehow messed up the illumination to the a/c controls. I havent had the car that long to remember if they ever worked. The temp/range and a/c mode sections do not light up. What can i do about that?

i'll take pics of what i did
    Last edited by kendotelie; 10-11-2012 at 05:44 AM

By left rear and right rear, is left rear driver side?

did you fihure out the lights for control panel? mine are out and the gear selection

Quote Originally Posted by kendotelie View Post
    ok so i have successfully installed a new aftermarket headunit, not only does it have an aux port, it has a sd card slot and usb port. Badass!!! now i dont even need my phone plugged up, and having a bunch of wires hanging. 2 things though, i think i might lose my tweeters soon. I tied them into the front door speakers so i complete sound, but does anyone know of a way to wire them correctly...Also i think i have somehow messed up the illumination to the a/c controls. I havent had the car that long to remember if they ever worked. The temp/range and a/c mode sections do not light up. What can i do about that?

i'll take pics of what i did
    Did you figure out the control panel lights? Mine are out also and the gear selection also

First off I'm sorry for reviving a old as dirt thread but I'm looking for help. Looking to add aux jack to 2005 GTS with Infinity stereo and it is 6 disc. Part number MN141260. I don't want to install a different head unit as it's just a work car. Anyway I see the factory add in wiring part number MZ360135EX but looking at instructions here http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/su...spyder_pg1.pdf the instructions under the section for Galant don't add up as my radio looks like this on the back and doesn't have near the amount of wires going into the 14 pin plug. Also according to those instructions the Galant should have the 22 pin plug???
    I see here that you can add it this way http://i.imgur.com/Z254Dks.jpg but I was really hoping to go the other route Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Again sorry to revive an old thread.

Conector pins very on radio styles. Don't instal it like above. It isnt suggested. Could fry radio, i dont know if that way above will work for you. Have you searched for the aux adapter at all? Does your radio go into aux mode?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Also the photo you listed is a rockford head, you have the infinity head. I'm not set on info on the infinity head but knowing its a gts, you should have it prewired

It doesn't go into aux but there's no source hooked to it for it to see. i tried holding cd button for 5 seconds and nothing happened. You're saying the instructions I posted above show the rockford but it says 6 cd only and shows the same control faceplate or do galants have same faceplate for multiple different radios? I have searched for an aux adapter for my specific car and set up but I didn't find anything. Thanks for replying.

Message me your email, i can send you a couple pics of setup. All double din steros have the same faceplate. Im using a 04 infinity faceplate on my stereo in my 2011 but i switched buttons out. Single din, base models got different radio bezels.

I just went ahead and bought a Kenwood to throw in it. Using sdaztecs24's guide above. Thanks anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12