The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Throttle Body Bypass

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Throttle Body Bypass

Written by Tech Greek...

This is a very simple modification for the people in the Southren States, but in the Northren States I don't recommend it (if it gets below freezing).

Basically what we're accomplishing here is to remove the coolant that goes to your throttle body to keep the air from becoming superheated enroute to the engine.

Step One: (Optional)

Remove Intake if you have one, if stock, remove the air box all the way to the throttle body.

Step Two: (Optional)

Remove the throttle body, this enables you to get to the hoses easier, six 12MM bolts total, be careful and don't let them drop!

Step Three:

Remove hoses from the throttle body it self! Put a towel underneath it and make sure the motors cold.

Step Four:

Take ONE hose [#1] off from the motor, and then loop around the other hose [to #2] that's left and reclamp it.

Step Five:

Take new vacuum hose, and loop it around on the old passage in the throttle body. [#1 to #2]

Step Six:

Put everything back into place, test for leaks (visual) and then test drive it, have a gallon of coolant ready if you doubt your self.
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

thestig
    could i do this to an 8G as well?

TGC Regular
    yes you can and you can also do it for the 7th gens.... Its just deleting the coolant going to your TB

*Edit- With each gen the procedure will be a little diff, but it will work

I did this to my car and had problems so I undid it the gain wasn't worth the problems I had. If you really want to do it give it a shot and if the car starts acting weird or overheating don't be like me and wait to undo it.

Quote Originally Posted by thestig View Post
    could i do this to an 8G as well?
    We've been doing it since 2000 on the 8G, so yea. It serves no real purpose and doubtfully will make little difference in your intake air temperature. I've never unbolted the TB to do it though. But as long as you're unbolting the TB, just replace it with a 65mm one
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.