The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo an automatic?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41
    7gentuner

turbo an automatic?

a buddy of mine says he put a turbo in an automatic 7g can you give a list of things that can go wrong other then the obvious that i already named to him

i have an automatic turbo 8g.what can go wrong?

turbo on automatic has been done on the 8g many times without any reported problems
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

i havent run into any problems at all...

maybe because my block and tranny are built.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    You people are so confusing sometimes....I was thinking of turbocharging my 8g and having it rebuild so it can be able to handle the HP im going to put on, but than people are like ummm noo not goood, not going to work. Im going to do a 5speed swap anywaz, but learning from my cuz. Auto just does not work with a turbo very well, but than again there are so many cars out there turbo charged and they are auto.lol Whats going onnnn!!!!

i dont understand why people say that turbo dont work good with auto cars.my G is pushing more then 320hp and flyin past manuals.i dont c anything wrong with it..lol

Thats why I had so much trouble deciding what to do wit my car bro...so many different answers to this topic. Some people say its fine just rebuild it, and others are like its ganna brake go 5 speed. Im still deciding what to do.lol Im leaning more towards 5 speed cuz it seems a lil cheaper, but than again Im not sure if its ganna be a pain driving cuz sometime im in most traffic.hmmm

lol i know exactly what u mean bro...thats why i just kept the automatic and fully built the tranny.people are shocked to see what an auto can do with a turbo once they c my g react and the outcome.i like being different thats y i went the route i went.

but its really up to u man :)

Tru Tru, where did you go to get your tranny done?

I still got a lil more time to think and gather some ideas what would be nice. I also like to be differant but than like to have that sporty look. AHAHAHA hard to decide. But so far the people that are running autos oon turbos;no word of any problems so I guess things are running ok with the autos.

a 7g auto is not the best and won't hold up to abuse without modification. and when your dumping that much money into the tranny. you might as well go 5spd wich can handle the power and put more to the wheels.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i got my tranny dont ant level 10.they do a good job.every gear gives you a great extra pull with every gear when boosting.its very strong!

im going to go manual sometime in the future though.then i might consider doing the AWD swap with it.

I never told you that the tranny will break I just told you that tuning will be hard and for the price of the piggy backs that's you gonna buy then mind as well get a 5spd swap

Can I see your dyno sheet to prove the 320hp
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

it's all about preference IMO.

some people prefer that boosted auto cars dont drop boost in between shifts and some people prefer the responsiveness of a manual. It's really what you want your car to do, and what you want to feel while driving your car.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I wasnt sure if you where commenting on me alex but I wasnt talking bout u buddy, just other people I talked to, but 5 speed it is. I do understand that 5 speed will work much beter with turbo and its alot more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    I wasnt sure if you where commenting on me alex but I wasnt talking bout u buddy, just other people I talked to, but 5 speed it is. I do understand that 5 speed will work much beter with turbo and its alot more fun.
    the only good thing about auto's is they hold boost throughout shifts.

but manuals(standards) let you control the car alot more, give you more power to the wheels, and you have a better feel of what is going on with the car. your more involved with what's going on while your driving.

ohh and you choose when to shift gears, you choose to launch the car, slip the clutch/ dump the clutch(if your nuts), and helps out in inclement wheather.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i agree our auto trannies aer garbage.. i am on my 3rd but this auto is very storng and basically new so im getting some use out of it when i go turbo then 5 spd swapping it soon after as the auto will give up soon after

dont spend all this money building our auto as i know many ppl who have blown them as well in these cars.. you can turbo it with the auto but unless u have a spare tranny or you are waiting to swap it like myself.. i dont recommend turboing the auto tranny

and its a lot more fun and in an auto u dont hear the bov that much which is a bummer lol.. all based on your personal preference i suppose
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

i love my volvo since its a turbo automatic cuz i can hold the boost steady throughout all 4 gears but sometimes i feel it dont launch hard enough
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Wow that just makes me want a 5 speed more, thanx guys cant wait to do the swap:)

thats why it's called the 5spd of pwnage!

Werd...if you have a 7G with an auto and boostin...look to lose your tranny in a few months! I blew through 2 autos under normal driving and stock engine...just to give you an idea. 5 speed is the way to go...boost or not

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast