The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: horsepower for an automatic 7gen

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    7gentuner

horsepower for an automatic 7gen

unfortunately my friend has a mechanic for a dad and has discount prices and everything now we are both in high school yet his accord runs between 320 325 hp (thanks to his dad) now i need hp quick but i am on a budget need ideas quick!!!! plus i want whoop his ass in a race

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Well you said your on a budget, and you have a 7g. How much can you spend man? B/c running 325 is a good amount of HP.

ok, you need to give some info. what's your budget?

5spd will easily give you the most noticable results followed by turbo.

please research. this has been asked sooooooooo many times

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    take the body off,and everything else to make it a rolling chassis, tune up ur engine and get nitrous

i hear it is limt to about 300whp-340whp but alot of people have ask i made 1 up about it asking that and turbo to getter it will run but if you saying auto i would say beef it up from ipt if not 5-speed also if using a auto run only 8-10psi on stock

Proto
    We need to know what kind of budget you're on then can lead you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    i hear it is limt to about 300whp-340whp but alot of people have ask i made 1 up about it asking that and turbo to getter it will run but if you saying auto i would say beef it up from ipt if not 5-speed also if using a auto run only 8-10psi on stock
    What?

^^^Thank you...WHAT?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    lol
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Man XXL4g64 loses me every time... lol
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

lol what im saying autos are good to a piont than u really need the 5peed

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    xxl u need 2 get on aim so i can straighten u out on all this stuff

our auto trannies struggle holding stock and slightly modded power so figure you do nething to it it might just blow very very soon.. and when it does blow dont rebuild it unless you absolutly have to.. just go 5 spd cheaper and less headaches and ur wallet will thank you as well
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Proto
    or buy an eclipse turbo auto trans. Mine held up well.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    or buy an eclipse turbo auto trans. Mine held up well.
    with his budget and time frame he just pobabaly wants it to hold together for one run before it blows up so i dont think he will go for this tranny idea.. but i have 2 ask.. was it a pain to put in and did u have 2 change the TCU?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    xxl u need 2 get on aim so i can straighten u out on all this stuff

our auto trannies struggle holding stock and slightly modded power so figure you do nething to it it might just blow very very soon.. and when it does blow dont rebuild it unless you absolutly have to.. just go 5 spd cheaper and less headaches and ur wallet will thank you as well
    o hell yeah im use it for a little but im do the 5speed before the next fall

Well my a/t is acting like I'am cheating on her i swear..I have a 95 nissan altima on the side and it seems like everytime I drive my G every other day the tranny is getting worse lol. Currently investing for a a/t to m/t swap but the way money is flowing latley its impossible...
    Last edited by koji464; 02-11-2009 at 02:08 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    I built my motor on a budget. Swapped to a 5 speed, ported the head, rebuilt the motor, lightweight flywheel, cold air intake, 60 mm throttle body, balance shaft delete, full exhaust system. That cost me about 1500 bucks. I HIGHLY doubt ill be over 140 whp. Soon im going to turbo my car. Since i have a 16g turbo, FMIC, 550cc injectors, zeitronix zt2 wideband kit, and other misc things i projected about another 700 in parts including a maft gen2 (to tune with). On a stock motor guys run about 8-10 psi. So lets to the math here. 1500+700+800(for the misc items)=3000 bucks. I DOUBT ill be pushing over 220 HP. More than likely unless you do it all yourself including porting your head and building your motor you wont be doing what i did for as cheap as i did. So good luck. In order to push over 350 whp youre gonna need some major work. My 4g63t build is gonna cost me another projected 3 grand (but i already have the motor). So just consume this.