The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gtz stock spring problem

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

gtz stock spring problem

i bought gtz springs.im putting them on a es v6.i recived in mail today.i put on floor next to eachother stock gtz and stock es v6 the bigger springs (front?) off gtz were 3 inches lower than my es v6 springs sitting on the floor.im asking other time some people said would be a quarter inch to half inch lower than es v6 springs.is somethin wrong with the gtz springs to be 3 inches lower?
    Last edited by 01nygalant; 01-29-2009 at 03:18 PM Reason: bad wording

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Last edited by Jeffylou87; 04-02-2012 at 09:05 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I just guessed...That's because GTZ springs are more sporty oriented and shorter. That's way GTZs sit lower then the rest of the Galants.

i bought gtz springs.im putting them on a es v6.i recived in mail today.i put on floor next to eachother stock gtz and stock es v6 the bigger springs (front?) off gtz were 3 inches lower than my es v6 springs sitting on the floor.im asking other time some people said would be a quarter inch to half inch lower than es v6 springs.is somethin wrong with the gtz springs to be 3 inches lower?

Maybe someone cut them and you got ripped off.

ok he is on here name is gtx.

Quote Originally Posted by 01nygalant View Post
    ok he is on here name is gtx.
    Why don't you ask him? GTZ springs will make your galant sit 1" lower then stock springs. Install them and see. Looks can always be deceiving.

ok i will. i sent him a message . i dont do my own work and id hate to pay to put on and then they are cut or something and ruin something on car or crappy ride quality.

If the top coil is not flat and pretty level when you sit it on the ground, they are cut. Post some pictures and I will know for sure.

workin on it i sent you pm.

Post them up.. Maybe we could help

sorry i cant get up says pic are to big.anyone got email ill send you pics can maybe put up for me.im not good at all with computer.

Send the pics to [email protected]

ok sent 7 pics let me know if got.

I got them... They are not cut.. They look stock.. The reason why its shorter is because it's a stiffer spring.. It will be 3 inches shorter, but they might only sit 1'' shorter on the car..

I sent you a message. For anyone wondering I'm the one who sold him the springs, and they are not cut, they are stock. I actually took a tons of measurements and pics before I sold them, off the shocks/struts and on so I could post those if my word is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    I got them... They are not cut.. They look stock.. The reason why its shorter is because it's a stiffer spring.. It will be 3 inches shorter, but they might only sit 1'' shorter on the car..
    Thanks for confirming man.

ok i am not very familiar with this stuff.like i asked earlyer.wanted to know why was so short.i seen you was offline before i sent you message .didnt mean to sound like an ass.i was tryin to find out before i relize later not correct.thanks.everyone and sorry gtx .like i said im without my car and tryin to find out answers so i can get to shop and get my car.

thanks guys.