The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ballance shaft removal?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

ballance shaft removal?

i have a 1997 galant thatI baught modded and am wondering about the ballance shaft delete. the car seems to have quite a bit of vibe when i get on it but want to know if you can see the belt for the b/s from the top timing belt cover if you use a strong light?? I know noooob Q, but im just curiouse to know if its there or not.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 97dsmturbogalant View Post
    i have a 1997 galant thatI baught modded and am wondering about the ballance shaft delete. the car seems to have quite a bit of vibe when i get on it but want to know if you can see the belt for the b/s from the top timing belt cover if you use a strong light?? I know noooob Q, but im just curiouse to know if its there or not.
    i HIGHLY doubt you can see it from the top. Its not hard to remove the bottom cover to check. Maybe the BS belt snapped and its down in there somewhere. You might want to pull the cover off and check anyways just to be sure.

you won't be able to see the belt w/o removing the lower cover.
    unless of course the belt is chewed up and the timing belt is blowing pieces of it out the top cover when the motor is running lol.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    you won't be able to see the belt w/o removing the lower cover.
    unless of course the belt is chewed up and the timing belt is blowing pieces of it out the top cover when the motor is running lol.
    That could potentially call for a very very bad day

No I just think the belt was removed when he did all of the turbo mods, there's no pieces coming out of the top cover, its really clean but I was just curiouse to know. I guess ill pull the bottom cover off and check tomarrow. Although the vibe could be because of the 3" exaust with no res and a rossi high flow metalspun cat. LOL. Ya its verry loud when i get on it!!!! LOL. Thank you for all your help.