The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: awesome 4G64 DOHC build on Club3G

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

awesome 4G64 DOHC build on Club3G

http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/10...warning-5.html

read through the whole thread, it's an awesome build. He made just as much power as the pumpkin without needing the 2 extra cylinders. 4G motors are truly exceptional.

He mentions something about the trans not holding up to boost if driven hard. does anyone know if we could use the EVO tranny without being AWD??

I know a guy locally that drives a 2G GS-T with the AWD tranny without being AWD. Was wondering if we could do that to our cars to avoid the strength issue when it comes to boosting our cars.

Another thing he mentions is the powerband. Which is probably why the 2.0L or the 2.1L would be the best bet when building the motor for power.

this is so awesome. 506whp. On a 4G64 with the Hyundai head. crazy.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

That is awesome. This makes it a very hard decision for me now. A V6 LS or GTZ just isn't an easy find for me right now, so maybe I should just get a ES with the sunroof instead and do a DOHC build. I don't know yet.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/10...warning-5.html

read through the whole thread, it's an awesome build. He made just as much power as the pumpkin without needing the 2 extra cylinders. 4G motors are truly exceptional.

He mentions something about the trans not holding up to boost if driven hard. does anyone know if we could use the EVO tranny without being AWD??

I know a guy locally that drives a 2G GS-T with the AWD tranny without being AWD. Was wondering if we could do that to our cars to avoid the strength issue when it comes to boosting our cars.

Another thing he mentions is the powerband. Which is probably why the 2.0L or the 2.1L would be the best bet when building the motor for power.

this is so awesome. 506whp. On a 4G64 with the Hyundai head. crazy.
    Its all a catch 22. Yeah the tranny doesnt like that kind of power/torque, but the tranny also wasnt built. Its a stock tranny with a quaife LSD, just like mine. The move is to send the gearset out to a place like shep or TRE and have it worked on, micro polished, shot peened, cryo treated, etc. then you can do double synchros, custom gear ratio's, etc. Its all about how much u wanna spend. I personally am leaving my tranny the way it is for this year. I have a spare gearset that I plan on sending away to TRE or shep and seeing what they can do with it.

The flip side of all this. I've been down the FWD 5 speed shifting at 9000 RPM road too with my old EVO motor. The tranny doesnt like shifting at 9000 RPMs either. I had my synchros replaced and put 1500 miles on the car and the 2nd gear synchro was nearly gone. If you notice, now slava is swapping to AWD and doing a 2.0 motor. We all know where that road leads, he will have an EVO with an eclipse body shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Huh 500whp and 13.8 1/4? What did I miss?
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Huh 500whp and 13.8 1/4? What did I miss?
    I dont think he ever made it back to the track with the 500whp setup
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I think I've seen it before on here, but can you just put DOHC on a 4G64? No turbo no other thing, just DOHC. What gains could you expect with this MOD?

Typically, a 30whp to 40whp increase. It opens up to alot more upgrades to, especially when running EVO parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    lol i see somebody is being a tool with stewi in that thread lol.

god that guy is annoying. pisses me off i even have to read his posts in a thread i actually want to read.
    x2:smt013

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
    Typically, a 30whp to 40whp increase. It opens up to alot more upgrades to, especially when running EVO parts.
    I've seen some people mention Hyundai DOHC fit 4G64. Has anyone here done this and has pics? If it really is a 30-40 whp Gain, this could be a nice MOD to apply some Tax refund money to.

Kenjuro, pm underated, he's got an all motor set-up on his 4G64 with the Kia/Hyundai DOHC head.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

edit: stupid question. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    x2:smt013
    x3

I have given up dealing with him, when he posts im just gonna stop because I cant deal with the ignorance.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjuro_2 View Post
    I've seen some people mention Hyundai DOHC fit 4G64. Has anyone here done this and has pics? If it really is a 30-40 whp Gain, this could be a nice MOD to apply some Tax refund money to.
    This is everything you will need to know:
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclip...formation.html

Search on here, www.club3g.com, and www.galantforums.com for more information.

yeah i'm on club3g and Slavas car is very nice