The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I can't decide....AARRRGGGGGGGGHH!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    i dont like silver on black wheels, the wheels look good though. just not the black part
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I would have went with at least 18x8 with 225 tire but that's just me. I bet those wheels look best in 19. Post pictures after you get them.

i wouldve gotten 225 45 17
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

The R1's definitely look better.

Didn't I read somewhere that 17s are about the performance peak diameter for cars of our size?

I don't remember where I read it... it might have been here. For some reason, Popular Mechanics and the Mazda RX-8 come to mind.
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Yeah, I read that on here too (about 17's being better for performance reasons).........I'll post up some pics when I put them on, but that's not going to be until probably April. No way I'm runnin these in the snow and salt.

Update: Wheelfire.com called me and told me that thr R1's are on backorder until mid April!:smt076:smt097:smt084:smt019:smt071:x:smt013 . I'm kinda pissed. I mean, I wouldn't be putting them on until about then, but I still wanted to have them on hand. Fuck.

Ouch. I feel you, but at least you didn't plan to have them on by then, anyway. Look at it this way: when they arrive, it will all have been worth it.
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

17's dont look small on the car. Heres my old car w/ 17's

Steelies can look good to

Well, it looks like Ima be rockin the steelies for a while longer. Oh well.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i would check out the set of evo 5's boosted is selling they are a great quality wheel and one of my personal favorite 5 spolk designs

and to add 17's look great on our cars. well in most designs... they are also cheaper to maintain and lighter then larger wheels if your into performance it is one of the more prefered sized
    Last edited by fatal1; 02-06-2009 at 09:48 PM

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    i would check out the set of evo 5's boosted is selling they are a great quality wheel and one of my personal favorite 5 spolk designs

and to add 17's look great on our cars. well in most designs... they are also cheaper to maintain and lighter then larger wheels if your into performance it is one of the more prefered sized
    yea those are hot..

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post

Yeah, I am more performance conscious than "flashy looks", but it's nice to have a balance of both..that's why I went with the 17's. The evo 5's are nice too, but I'm still getting the R1's (already paid),,,,they'll ship out the second week in April. It's just a bunch of BS that wheelfire.com says they have them in stock and ready to ship on their website,,,,,until you actually order them.

same thing happened to me before ,,, good luck

Hey guys quick question. When I install these rims and tires and get an alignment, should I stick with the factory tire pressures (32 front 29 rear)?
    I always wondered about this when installing aftermarket/larger rims. Again, the rims are 17x7 and the tires are 215/45/17. Thanks all.

UPDATE: Wheelfire called me yesterday and told me that they got a shipment of the rims I ordered in,,,so i won't have to wait until mid April like they said before. I was like,,"ok great,,ship them out to me". Well,,then they say that the tires I ordered with the wheels were now out of stock. I was just about to tell them to cancel my order and refund my f'n money,,but the guy from wheelfire said that because of the inconvenience he could upgrade the tires to a better "all-season" free of charge,,and that there would be no more delays (they'd be shipped out the next day)....he also told me he'd send them fed ex 3 day delivery. Yes wheelfire really pissed me off a couple of times,,but they definately made things right with the freebies and upgrades so if anyone is thinking of ordering wheels/tires I would highly recommend them. Oh, the customer service is great too,,,,they answer e-mails and phone calls quickly,,,,,,and if there's a problem with your order they call you at home to let you know what's going on. Hopefully I'll get my shit by Saturday.

Good Choice they look awesome post pics after install!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Keep that same tire pressure.. No matter what size or type of tire it is you should always keep the factory spec psi..

Thanks Jeffylou,,,,,,,I always wondered about that.......now i know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12