Thread: Economy vs. MitsuUSA future?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    LOL at panda, I'll go with toyota!!
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    lol.. well if mitsu ever does leave america you guys are always welcome in the honda world :D we except anyone lol.
    Fuck that... There will be a used mitsubishi on the market.. If not ill buy a hyundai genesis ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    LOL at panda, I'll go with toyota!!
    good luck having fun with it, unless its a lexus.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

lol.. well if mitsu ever does leave america you guys are always welcome in the honda world :D we except anyone lol.
    no thanks. I like having torque. lol jk.

I'm actually a pretty big HOnda fan myself. After riding in an all-motor teggy drag an evo from a roll I was convinced Honda's can be fast too.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazepr24 View Post
    SO freaking pissed... I read an ad and now cant find the stupid thing I wanted to post it there.....

anyways its was saying something to the effect of why they pulled out of the Detriot Auto show for this yr and how they plan to save money so that they wont fall into the position most of the Automakers are currently in....

They said they pulled out to save money on production cost and will not produce anything "new" in the near future.... they are looking towards the direction of 4cyl Mivec engines and other styles of cars that will be "economically correct"....then it went on to diss all the other Automakers saying how thier mistake was to keep producing cars when the ones they had were not selling and caused a surplus of cars on the lot...spending more than they were making.... big 3 bailout-LOL

They hope to make an impression in late 2010-2011.... Dam I so have to find that stupid ad now!!!!
    Nissan also pulled out of NAIAS in Detroit. Ford, GM, and Chrysler pulled out of the Tokyo Auto Show, which might be completely cancelled. But it isn't a surprise, considering all the stupid 0% APR financing offers that make them absolutely no money whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Nissan also pulled out of NAIAS in Detroit. Ford, GM, and Chrysler pulled out of the Tokyo Auto Show, which might be completely cancelled. But it isn't a surprise, considering all the stupid 0% APR financing offers that make them absolutely no money whatsoever.
    But it makes them money in the long run! Money... that they've already spent... money that they probably won't get back because the car was repo'd. Money... shit, I should just stop now.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

TGC Regular
    Hold on I was told by someone. That mitsu was owned my ford??????.... Is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    Hold on I was told by someone. That mitsu was owned my ford??????.... Is it true?
    wtf? no.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

More like in recent information climate it's less and less valuable to attend motor shows... a few "leaked" photos create a much bigger "sensation" than spending millions to deck out a booth and fly prototypes and cars around.

It's just the way it's going to be guys, sooner or later we can have like projection screens to project a prototype in your house in 3D and you just walk around it like you would in an actual motor show and it'd cost the manufacturers tenths if not hundredths to deliver the content right to your home.

because no one can "buy" anything at a motorshow it's the "sensation" and "presence" that makers are paying for.

Why do it the expensive way?

TGC Regular
    Wow ok that makes me feel alot better about my car hahahaha

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    damn this sucks. we should all go buy and EVO to help the market!!! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

If you could get credit.
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    More like in recent information climate it's less and less valuable to attend motor shows... a few "leaked" photos create a much bigger "sensation" than spending millions to deck out a booth and fly prototypes and cars around.

It's just the way it's going to be guys, sooner or later we can have like projection screens to project a prototype in your house in 3D and you just walk around it like you would in an actual motor show and it'd cost the manufacturers tenths if not hundredths to deliver the content right to your home.

because no one can "buy" anything at a motorshow it's the "sensation" and "presence" that makers are paying for.

Why do it the expensive way?
    Spy photos have been 'leaked' for decades, its nothing new to create excitement for a new car model, and yes, you CAN BUY things at the auto, I see it all the time.

And Panda, if Mitsubishi bails on the USA, I'm going to Mercedes, not Honda...lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Spy photos have been 'leaked' for decades, its nothing new to create excitement for a new car model, and yes, you CAN BUY things at the auto, I see it all the time.

And Panda, if Mitsubishi bails on the USA, I'm going to Mercedes, not Honda...lol
    Well they sell things but that's totally not the point of the motor show :smt068

Spy shots leaked "intentionally" by manufacturers, viral and vapourware are definitely NOT how they used to handle things a decade....fuck me 5 years ago.:smt101 That's a totally different thing than spy shots shot at the nurburgring with heavy cladding back a few decades ago.

And welcome to the world of Mercedes. Where dealer might trade in your E class for a B class unintentionally because they can't find a fix for your 7 speed transmission.

My friend has been driving a 2009 B class for 4 weeks now as Mercedes has taken his 2007 E class in for a transmission change and reflash - still no news when the E class can be back on the road yet.
    Last edited by hk20000; 02-14-2009 at 01:58 AM

Well they sell things but that's totally not the point of the motor show :smt068

Spy shots leaked "intentionally" by manufacturers, viral and vapourware are definitely NOT how they used to handle things a decade....fuck me 5 years ago.:smt101 That's a totally different thing than spy shots shot at the nurburgring with heavy cladding back a few decades ago.

And welcome to the world of Mercedes. Where dealer might trade in your E class for a B class unintentionally because they can't find a fix for your 7 speed transmission.

My friend has been driving a 2009 B class for 4 weeks now as Mercedes has taken his 2007 E class in for a transmission change and reflash - still no news when the E class can be back on the road yet.
    Yea, ok... I'm from Detroit, and I know and have worked with higher ups at GM, Ford, and Chrysler (and all the Euro and Japanese imports too) and know exactly how they have worked things for the past 30 years. You?

I've seen cars PURPOSELY driven and parked outside cafes and restaurants and the execs are actually asking passers0by and other people what do they think of this car? I know people from Car And Driver and Automobile magazine and they would more than corroborate my stories.

Gbaby2089
    mitsu won't make a rwd coupe with the 4B11 because hyundai already makes one, the Genesis...

purposely driven outside to show people is one thing. Leaking pictures of cars that don't exist, hype it all up, and then say it's "just an exercise, here see this rendering!" is a whole different story.

get with the times.

purposely driven outside to show people is one thing. Leaking pictures of cars that don't exist, hype it all up, and then say it's "just an exercise, here see this rendering!" is a whole different story.

get with the times.
    I've been there, it is called a publicity stunt, it happens all the time. YOU get with the times.

Banned
    FCK NO.

...unless i can get an S2K for a good price. :)
    Last edited by platano; 02-15-2009 at 12:33 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12