The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Check out this exhaust kit... good buy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37

Check out this exhaust kit... good buy?

Hey guys, I wanna get a new exhaust system to change my car's whine into a roar :D

Here are some catback kits I found on ebay that are direct bolt-on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CATBA...Q5fAccessories
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RAINB...Q5fAccessories

Has anyone had experience with these, or does this seem like a solid buy to you guys? Other suggestions for the same price range? I don't want that retarded ricer "fart can" sound, that shit sounds ridiculous, I want a deep rumble :)

Thanks!!
    Last edited by HungarianHunter; 02-03-2009 at 01:08 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    That's junk, no name brand or nothing. Save your money. A decent cat back will cost more then 300.

Any suggestions? For a whole kit, or parts to make a whole system? Some advice from other member's with non-stop sounding exhaust could chime in? What's the best (yet not insanely priced) way get a nice deep sound from our cars?
    Last edited by HungarianHunter; 02-03-2009 at 01:14 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    actually if its 2.5in piping its not such a bad deal. if its just stock sized piping then its not worth it, but even to have a shop fab up some mendrel bent custom piping will cost much more then that. you could always get a nice (proven) muffler and weld it on. im sure the one that comes with it is cheap and will probroblly sound like crap but even if you go with a nice name brand muffler it will still be rather cheap overall

So ditch that is what I should take away from this lol

Go to a muffler shop, have then weld on a magnaflow muffler, problem solved.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Go to a muffler shop, have then weld on a magnaflow muffler, problem solved.
    You mean just onto my stock exhaust system? Or buy that kit off ebay, and have them weld a muffler to that?

I bought the second kit off of ebay (the burnt tip is still clean and no rust, 4 months later) i love the sound, just make sure you replace your downpipe and/or buy an OBX header with the downpipe, just a suggestion. Take a look at my car domain pix I installed it all myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Asierra_999 View Post
    I bought the second kit off of ebay (the burnt tip is still clean and no rust, 4 months later) i love the sound, just make sure you replace your downpipe and/or buy an OBX header with the downpipe, just a suggestion. Take a look at my car domain pix I installed it all myself!
    That looks good! So it's a good buy? Is it nice and deep? And the downpipe is that piece in ur car domain pic with the catback system right?

Experienced TGC Member
    99-03 MITSUBISHI GALANT 4Cyl w/ Rainbow Tip

LOL
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    99-03 MITSUBISHI GALANT 4Cyl w/ Rainbow Tip

LOL
    yeaaaaa the rainbow thing was a bit odd...

Thanks I like it and actually the downpipe is not shown I had bought the same Cat-Back exhaust kit for 150$ off of ebay I think it was well worth it, the OBX header was 95$ and well worth it too, my only mistake I made was not getting the headers with a downpipe (which essentially replaces your OE Catalytic Converter) so i in turn welded a 2.5 in. straight pipe...it sounds deep and throaty for a 4banger and it truns heads without farting!! ill try to video soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Asierra_999 View Post
    Thanks I like it and actually the downpipe is not shown I had bought the same Cat-Back exhaust kit for 150$ off of ebay I think it was well worth it, the OBX header was 95$ and well worth it too, my only mistake I made was not getting the headers with a downpipe (which essentially replaces your OE Catalytic Converter) so i in turn welded a 2.5 in. straight pipe...it sounds deep and throaty for a 4banger and it truns heads without farting!! ill try to video soon!
    So if I just bought that kit, without anything else, just i nstalled that would it still sound nice and deep?

Thanks for the replies :D

A video would be great BTW :D

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Get your exhaust piping costume made by a muffler shop thats the best way to go, thats what I did and my car has a 2.75'' pipe and the car sounds awesome.

How much was that? If that 150$ kit sounds nice then I'll just go with that.

In order to achieve the best possible sound and performance you need 2 things.....
    1. the cat-back kit - $150
    2. The header and downpipe - 207$

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...1%7C240%3A1318

Thats what I suggest for a budget!

^lmao, you're that kid on cardomain that claims that your exhaust is jdm, lmao
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    i have that ebay exhaust kit on my car and i love it... got it as a gift, any i think it sound spretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    ^lmao, you're that kid on cardomain that claims that your exhaust is jdm, lmao
    Haha i never realized that, maybe he doesnt know what jdm means???

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast