The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AWD 7g

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Just try lookking around in your area for rolling 95-99 GSX shell /no engine or seized engine/. Try dsmtrader, craigslist, junkyards....... Also, i think it matters, but im not sure, the donor car needs to be 5 spd. I know manual and auto transfer cases are different, but Im no sure about rear differential.
    mko im getting one but im getting one from down south by my other house less rust and such and cheaper
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    yea but when u have a gsx already as a parts car but its at ur other house in tennessee its kind of rough.. i have it just debating and im in CT shipping would be crazy.. dont know what that has to do with my question though.. i only want to know of possible issues i may have overlooked
    he was just tryin to help.. dont b all on ur rags

Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    he was just tryin to help.. dont b all on ur rags
    lol im not.. i have a gsx as a parts car down in tennessee thats why i was bringing it up.. it is a 2ga hence the 95-97 addressed initially and he brought up a for sale thread i dont need to buy nething.. now drop it and let it be
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

wats wrong with the gsx? if its not that bad the you should just fix it up and drive that. but if its all smashed up then do the swap!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    wats wrong with the gsx? if its not that bad the you should just fix it up and drive that. but if its all smashed up then do the swap!
    the gsx has a bad motor like really bad lol and i would rather have my g awd then a gsx cuz if insurance as well.. between the 2 houses there are 9 cars and 5 drivers.. i have enough other cars to pick from haha
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

rent a car trailer for $60 and a UHAUL truck and tow it to CT.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    rent a car trailer for $60 and a UHAUL truck and tow it to CT.
    i would do that but the plan is to do it this summer while im in tennessee as down there my fam has a race shop and i can have it done in like a week and our family friend has a dyno and i wanna run it at the track while im down there
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    i would do that but the plan is to do it this summer while im in tennessee as down there my fam has a race shop and i can have it done in like a week and our family friend has a dyno and i wanna run it at the track while im down there
    hook a brother up with some free work on the galant then.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    hook a brother up with some free work on the galant then.
    maybe over the summer if i get to know you.. im going down from around the 4th of july until like the 15th or so who knows whats is gonna happen by then
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

meh i would just fix the gsx and have a turbo'd 7g lol. just me.

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    i dont think the rear diff would change. It wouldnt depend on having a manual or auto cuase all the rear diff is, is for power transfer to the wheels. The trans shouldn't make difference for the rear diff. but i could be wrong.

the rear diffs are different. manual and auto have different ratios; make sure you match everything up right.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    the rear diffs are different. manual and auto have different ratios; make sure you match everything up right.
    i stand corrected. i didnt think about the ratios, but now that you mention it, they would have to be different. thanks Cali.

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    ok i gsx has a working 5 spd tranny and im swappping out the tranny, axles, the rear end everything so i shouldnt have a problem just a different driveshaft i believe
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

yea the drive shaft isnt that big problem! you should rebuild the motor and put it in the g

1996 galant s

haha i get it but im going the 64 block with the 63 head and building that.. i dont want to rebuild a 7 bolt 63 that has shown evidence of crankwalk
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12