The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post Count Suggestion

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 142
    You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Club3G has strict rules and it works. People are still there, OTther is real, everything goes, post don't get deleted, why because it's OT. If you start crap in Tech forums or anywhere else that's not OT, that thread gets moved to OT for bashing. Talking trash online is fun and relieves stress. Super punch out is great and all but mods need to start moving crap threads there and let myself and others have fun, instead of closing them and acting above everyone else. I don't know about most of you guys but when I get ready to punch someone in the face, I don't go wait!! We must first put our gloves on and go in to the ring. It just happens. Same with Super punch out, you can't always start a thread and expect it to bloom, crap happens and mods just need to move it there in the heat of the moment and let us get it off our chests.

Im stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    I dont think limiting post counts will really matter. How much do people actually pay attention to what other people are up to. I had to go look and see how many i have to see if i was a post whore. (i think im doing pretty good at not being one.) I like the REP idea though, it will show who is posting useful information and who is just posting nonsense. Just remember Noobs will always be here, we want them to keep coming to help make the community bigger, Dont knock them down just because they are new, help them out, get them to where they need to be. We where all the a noob once and some of us still are, and some of us have moved on to the next level.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    Which is exactly why i help out any newb or regular member if they ever pm me from 5 speed swaps, JDM parts to even fitment of their kits. Face it none of us knew anything when we joined, its because other older members helped us, so its only fair if we help others. I personally would help anybody as long as they do some basic research or know what their talking about. if you pm me asking " how do i make my galant run 10s? i wont respond to you sorry. But if you ask me a logical question ill be more then glad to help to the best of my knowledge.
    I agree with you both, 100%

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    dude you want to point me out for one? okay how many people backed Jesus before you all got fucked.

my point is proven. i dont give a fuck who i meet. i know that if you do business with me you wont be done wrong. ask anyone who ive fucking bought from or sold from.
    You get worked up easily I love it

Anyhow, so a noon comes here does his research on whatever he needs and finds lots of answers which helps him in a way but something he read confused him so now he needs help from someone to clarify something for him, judging by post count you would have more knowledge in general than me cuz you have double my post count and we joined the same time. Then he asks you and come to find out that you have no clue what to say to him since you really have no knowledge in that area

My point is there is always gonna be post whores which is really fine but when they do it in mostly off topic and random non-car related threads then it shouldn't count

And as ray said warning ms should be used more often like it was before. I got a warning for asking a question about the 8g ecu in a 7g ecu thread which is off topic but in a way similar and I accepted it cuz I screwed up but I have seen people do worse than that and get away with it which isn't fair
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    just because you're posting in the tech section or generation-specific section still doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. we have A LOT of bullshit flying around on here with "can't turbo stock motors" and "need bigger turbo" and what not. it really doesn't matter.....
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Reason I don't think post count would work is because people are whores. In the end, having more posts, doesn't necessarily mean more experience, Rep would because someone that was helped would give it. You can't earn it yourself like you do with post count.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    When I was new here I didn't go to someone because of post count. I found out what they new by other posts they made. If I was asked the question I was try to point them to someone that knew more about that topic IF I didn't know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    Which is exactly why i help out any newb or regular member if they ever pm me from 5 speed swaps, JDM parts to even fitment of their kits. Face it none of us knew anything when we joined, its because other older members helped us, so its only fair if we help others. I personally would help anybody as long as they do some basic research or know what their talking about. if you pm me asking " how do i make my galant run 10s? i wont respond to you sorry. But if you ask me a logical question ill be more then glad to help to the best of my knowledge.
    yeah, I remember when I first joined I pm'd a bunch of members asking numerous questions, and they were very helpful, now I have people asking me all sorts of questions and I have the knowledge to help them because others have helped me. But Pm's are different from dumb threads that get started all the time asking about coilovers or exhausts when there are at least a dozen threads about each of those already.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Okay so why don't we have Stickies of the threads that are OVER and OVER asked. Merge them together and sticky it. Problem Solved. If they post, Close it with the link to the sticky.

You have no idea how many people I have helped in PMs, specially when i had my build thread up. I took time out of my life and made a few how to's, made videos just for certain individuals as a how to, if they asked. I don't mind it. I mind idiots that give out stupid information instead of not posting or saying I DON'T KNOW.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    Okay so why don't we have Stickies of the threads that are OVER and OVER asked. Merge them together and sticky it. Problem Solved. If they post, Close it with the link to the sticky.
    because we have a search button.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    because we have a search button.
    exactly

I think when noobs first joined they should have to read the rules all the way and answer something like 3 questions from the rules so they can get their account activated and join this will ensure that they really read the rules and not just pretended to read it
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Its as simple as... If you don't know then research first... educate yourself on a topic... then when you know... do you part and post what you know for others to educate themselves. If you wanna say some random shit save it for off topic. Thats what makes it hard to search is half the post are unrelated. Im all for having fun but it should be saved for off topic. When I read the specific sections I want to be reading about things I can do to my g, or things others have done/ are planning to do to theirs. Not other random stuff

Yeah I'm sure in a few days or so I will end up pm'ing a few of you 5speed swap guys cause I think I'm converting.

And on the topic, I think the e-rep system works pretty well, like was stated before, it shows who is really contributing and not just saying unhelpful information.

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

Proto
    I've set the reputation system up. Far as post counts, they should only count in tech sections IMO. I'll update the thread later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I've set the reputation system up. Far as post counts, they should only count in tech sections.
    what about like project sections??

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Only thing I'm worried about is that it will turn out like Cardomain where everyone invites their friends to vote for them. The reputation system can be abused just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by warriorlax5506 View Post
    Yeah I'm sure in a few days or so I will end up pm'ing a few of you 5speed swap guys cause I think I'm converting.

And on the topic, I think the e-rep system works pretty well, like was stated before, it shows who is really contributing and not just saying unhelpful information.
    HAHA... me too need to convert to 5 speed!

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    See, here's the thing with TGC. There are plenty of people on here who talk, just for the sake of talking. It's okay to have discussions outside of cars, that's what off topic is for. But if you honestly need to make a post in EVERY thread, it's ridiculous. I don't actually look at posts counts until people start talking about them. I like the member tags (junior, elite, vet etc) but if you've been around here enough you know who is who. We've got those with projects, others intrested in meets, and some very knowledgeable gurus.

Everytime I come on TGC I have no intention of posting...I click it in my favorties, see there are new posts, and I look at the thread topics. If your thread topic intrestes me, I open it. If I think I can contribute to the thread I post. If the thread seems to be resolved or I have no knowledge of the topic, I back right out. If you are going into every thread looking to squeeze yourself in somewhere, you aren't contributing efficiently. For example, I stay away from posting in turbo threads (it's 100% okay to look and observe though!), but I can help with wheels, tires and exhaust. Things I know and can contribute have been posted, so unless I'm replying to a noob to help them get started, I have no reason to post. Try approaching TGC as a place to read...if you're posting several times a day, it might be excessive, if you are posting several times in your own thread, it's more than likely excessive, and if you are posting in every thread you see....well I wonder what you do with the rest of your life.
    Last edited by glantv699; 02-03-2009 at 04:24 PM

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast