The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post Count Suggestion

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 142
    I think this is funny as hell you guys love this site so much, but 80% of you people don't even send Matt a dollar to help this site. I have saved so much money and learned so much about my car because of this forum. So I say who cares about a post count. We are here to learn and share not get a big head over post counts. So that's my two cents!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Wait y does post count matter? Shit i was at 1800 and now im at 600, so what. How about this for a post count change Proto remove it all together then no one will worry about getting to the next 1000 or whatever they are close to. Change it to strait rankings.
    yes delete post count and make a ranking system using the lengths of time a member has been on the forum (newbie, junior, elite...etc)

And make a system to count meets attended and whoever makes the meet will be in charge of reporting attendance
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member
    Post count is no pre-cursor for knowledge. I dont care if you have 5k posts, if i ask whats the difference between 5w-40 and 15w-30 oil in the winter and youre response is "no difference at all!" i wont be listening to a word of your advice there after.

Most people here arent strapping blow driers on their airbox and proclaiming "ay yo son im puttin down 20lbs of boost!". So i think its a pretty safe assumption to say that not everyone is judging the accuracy of your knowledge by your post count. And for those who are, well then youre a gullible fool.

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    yes delete post count and make a ranking system using the lengths of time a member has been on the forum (newbie, junior, elite...etc)

And make a system to count meets attended and whoever makes the meet will be in charge of reporting attendance
    You forgot OG. But seriously if post counts are that big of a problem and some people want them to count every where and some only want it to count in some places. I say just eliminate the problem.

But then yes people will complain about not having a count but until everyone else stops caring one where they should count and where they shouldnt just get rid of them all together.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I'm a newb again. Not the post count that bugs me, just the label under my name. Eww.
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Thank you captain obvious
    You know whats funny, there is now a thread to "what happened to my posts" and yet you call me captain obvious...

So because I'm a post whore that NEVER helps, I knew this and they didn't...

Post count doesn't matter. This is the only site that "disabled" them because of some people who complain A LOT. I'm not bashing the Admin for doing it, but I would have too with all the damn complaining for it to stop.

If some of you want to delete the post count, you should just make it invisible to all members minus the mods/ or admins. Maybe that could help out a bit? That way the minimum post count would still be used for the FS threads but no one knows how many posts you have.

Quote Originally Posted by spardavr4 View Post
    If some of you want to delete the post count, you should just make it invisible to all members minus the mods/ or admins. Maybe that could help out a bit? That way the minimum post count would still be used for the FS threads but no one knows how many posts you have.
    I meant to actually suggest that after my last post but I didn't get to it and you beat me to it and I think it would be a great idea. So admins can keep track of things in the backend
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Oh.. make it easier... I dont care about my post counts.. they are just numbers to me.. all it matters is that we are on here. Lets just ignore the counts... as I have noticed I was at 400 and down to 107 for some reason.. but I dont care!

Enjoy this site! Ignore the counts!

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    You know whats funny, there is now a thread to "what happened to my posts" and yet you call me captain obvious...

So because I'm a post whore that NEVER helps, I knew this and they didn't...

Post count doesn't matter. This is the only site that "disabled" them because of some people who complain A LOT. I'm not bashing the Admin for doing it, but I would have too with all the damn complaining for it to stop.
    you already quoted the same comment on the last page and you just did it again, are you that upset about what I said ?? I'll give you a tissue if you wanna cry. I really don't care about what you have to say and I honestly most of the time don't read your comments whenever I see them.

I think we had enough with this topic cuz for the next 62848273 pages the only thing that people are gonna do is whine

So admins please lock this thread

Thanks
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

you already quoted the same comment on the last page and you just did it again, are you that upset about what I said ?? I'll give you a tissue if you wanna cry. I really don't care about what you have to say and I honestly most of the time don't read your comments whenever I see them.

I think we had enough with this topic cuz for the next 62848273 pages the only thing that people are gonna do is whine

Thanks
    X2

Thanks
    X3

x4

But implement my idea!! It owns all the other ideas :-P

just erase them, no point of some people feeling angry and others happy. Hide them all..
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Who cares to even belabor the point?

Experienced TGC Member
    I still dont understand what the whole fuss over post counts was to begin with. Was it really that serious

No, it wasn't. People say that they don't care about the title underneath their username and the number of posts that they have but now that the numbers have dropped, they feel like they have lost something.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
    No, it wasn't. People say that they don't care about the title underneath their username and the number of posts that they have but now that the numbers have dropped, they feel like they have lost something.
    That just means they've never gone through a format change or a board upgrade. If TGC had all its information since day one I'd have easily double my current post count (as all the OGs would too).

Been through plenty of them myself. I used to participate and donate to alot of paintball forums until I got out of the sport in 2006. Now, it's just automotive forums for me. I have a really big urge to get back into paintball though.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar

Thanks

Your "whining" got it this far.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast