The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo spool times?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

turbo spool times?

i would like to know what are stock spool rpm's on 13b,14b,16g anyones you guys can think about you.

spool depends on manifold.. not to mention compression your question is incomplete..

but i will say this.. fast,slow,slower lol

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    also depends on displacement, how many cylinders goin to each turbo... blah blah blah

Experienced TGC Member
    Im sorry, you're dumb. Had to say it after the 3 million dumb threads you have already made...
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

depends on a lot. But to go along with your question a 13b would spool faster just for the fact that it is smaller. Its not going to give you much boost but it will spool faster. The thing you have to look at really is a smaller turbo that spools faster and runs higher boost isnt really gaining you much, a bigger turbo running less boost but flowing more cfm is what makes your power. But if you are looking for a quick spool and some extra hp just get a 14b.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Im sorry, you're dumb. Had to say it after the 3 million dumb threads you have already made...
    Come on man give the kid a break here, hes learning. Isnt that the reason some of us are here is to get some info we do not know.

^ He is not learning, just bumping his post count
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    ^ He is not learning, just bumping his post count
    Well than in that case this forum is not a game on seeing who gets the most posts. Lets just answere his question and close this s!@#.

Look man let me make this simple for you cuz you ask alot of questions about turbos, go get an evo 16g turbo and you will be fine case closed. Why do you need to know about the smaller turbos?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the bigger turbos take longer to spool, the smaller ones take less time to spool. question answered.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    the bigger turbos take longer to spool, the smaller ones take less time to spool. question answered.
    yes problem solved.

i will now lock this thread.

thanks.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    xxl ur killing me cuz all u have to do is get on aim and ill gladly help u out.. these guys r really annoyed by now at some of the questions..
    now lets think here... the 13 and 14b spool quickly on a 2.0 motor and we have a 2.4 with higher compression so it will be fast and even the 16 spools fast esp when running stock boost.. when u raise the psi it take a little longer but these are smaller turbos and wont spool too slowly also the manifolds matter as they all flow differently and the better the flow the quicker the spool
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

why bother asking in first place? there are a few boosted cars around here, but its not common. If didnt know Id just use google and there will be enough info to keep me busy for hours, and if I added Mitsubishi to the search - there will be bunch of dsm sites in the top results. so, why posting here on tgc in first place?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Please stop crapping up this forum. I have an evo8 Big 16G "woohoo" and it spools FAST. I can take off IN Boost with out any problem. If you get a 13/14b you are wasting your money. Those turbos are obsolete for 2.4l applications.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    My 14b on a 2.0L spooled 20psi by 3200rpm lol, I wouldnt want to know much faster a 2.4L would spool it.

I could get an 8psi stutterbox off a 3500rpm launch.
    7g for life!

I have a 14b turbo waiting to be put on my car still need more parts this week and i dont come to fuck the form up because i know sometimes it sucks to google so why not ask people that have 7g's that have turbos. and Seth with 8psi with a dohc 2.4 when would i start to boost.

enough.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo