The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo X... No more until 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Smart move by Mitsubishi actually...its a simple law of Supply and Demand and for todays economic problems, not much demand for new cars.
    x2

As much as the back end bothers me somedays the Evo X it is a great car and when I see them on the road I get all giddy and stare. The lack of demand is crazy, dealer in my hometown has had 5 or 6 just sitting on the lot for a while.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

lack of demand? did you guys understand what was reported? they ALLREADY MADE ENOUGH and DEMAND IS STILL THERE... but they don't need to make more until 2010 because they allready have enough inventory to satisfy demand is all (and they're gonna start up production again because they are planning to make minor changes to the car... the obligatory mid generation "facelift" version) . it's not like they are not selling the car anymore or cancelling it, jeez. most of you complaining are not in the market for it anyways so what do you care?
    Last edited by Reelax; 02-04-2009 at 06:08 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    ouch.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    lack of demand? did you guys understand what was reported? they ALLREADY MADE ENOUGH and DEMAND IS STILL THERE... but they don't need to make more until 2010 because they allready have enough inventory to satisfy demand is all (and they're gonna start up production again because they are planning to make minor changes to the car... the obligatory mid generation "facelift" version) . it's not like they are not selling the car anymore or cancelling it, jeez. most of you complaining are not in the market for it anyways so what do you care?
    Relax...Reelax.

My point I was making about Supply and Demand is that IF they were still selling these suckers like hotcakes where the dealers can't keep 1 on their lots because they are being sold before they get off the delivery truck...they would still keep producing them. Yes..Mitsu produced a "surplus" of Evo X's that is enough to last them through the 2010 model year, but my point was that there isn't a demand for them because if there was they would keep producing Evo's till the transistion of the obligatory mid production facelift for the next model. That was my point of view on Supply and Demand.

Either way you look at it...its a smart financial move by Mitsu. They save money on production and materials and also reduce the risk of losing $$$ by producing too many and possibly not selling them or have to sell them in a loss of profit to clear previous model year inventory.

Though I am curious to see the 2011 Evo X Facelift and additions

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Quit ditching the 9G like that :smt103
    J/K lol
    LOL... No, you're kinda right. I didn't word my post correctly. What I meant to say is Mitsu is smart to not make any until 2010, while other car manufactures continue to pump out crap quality cars and blow through money. :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    EVO 8s and 9s all over the city here, you see a X about once a week
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

My dealer here by my house has literally 20 Evo GSRs and maybe 15 Evo MRs. And they are still charging a 2000 markup on the window.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Really dont see much at all of the Evo x, if im lucky I see one maybe 1 a month.

Eh.. Galants are better.. There is no way in hell I am ever going to pay 40k-45k for and evo... Ill wait till it drops to under 20k... (10 years later....)
    Last edited by KaziKai; 02-04-2009 at 12:21 PM Reason: price change

For $45k I'd probably get myself an S5 lol...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    for 45k, ill buy a yaris.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    for 45k, ill buy a yaris.

lol, that's a genius financial move my MitsuUSA IMO, hopefully it's smart moves like this that'll keep mitsubishi alive in the USA!

JAC00BLKES
    Yeah the price is pretty steep even on the ones I saw on carmax are in the high 30s
    Another reason why you see a lot of evo's on the lot is the actual salesman aren't tryna push them off
    When my dad worked a mitsu dealership he said a lot of times kids would just come up to the lot and hassle just to try to test drive them and half of them only know what they heard on fast and the furious or need for speed LOL

For $45k I'd buy a 06 E55 AMG.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
    You wont pay 50 grand for an Evo X MR, the most is 42-45K. Quit making numbers up. Even when they came out with dealer markup they never got that high.
    the evo mr that we sold at job went for 51,350. 18 year old kids parents stroked a check for it and got it for his bday.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

An '08 Evo X MR loaded w/ Navi is priced at $35,000 at my dealer near me. Good price....considering there are some GSR sold at around 33k-35k...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12