The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: REQUEST for 7g guys with vr4 wing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26
    Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar

REQUEST for 7g guys with vr4 wing

i need a picture of the inside of the trunk lid where the holes are drilled for mounting the wing so i can mount mine..

Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    i need a picture of the inside of the trunk lid where the holes are drilled for mounting the wing so i can mount mine..
    Just ship it to me ill mount it on my trunk and then you will know where it goes. Lol.
    There should be little round marks in the trunk support where you could just fit a wrench in, should mount up in the same location as our usdm one.

take a look at 4-grims build thread i know there are pictures on how he mounted his.

here is the link shows how he lined it up you should just shoot him a pm.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=28568
    Last edited by Galant306m; 02-04-2009 at 12:42 PM

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Mounting the VR4 wing gets tricky as you may think it would mount on the same spots where the regular USDM spoiler would mount since there are provisions where the mounting holes would be at.

The bad news is that the VR4 wing doesn't mount on the same spot as USDM spoiler would. The build thread that Galant306 posted, you will see that I put painters tape to guide me as a template where to drill the holes for the VR4 wing. It gets tidious, but take your time. The center post of the VR4 wing takes a bit work as you have to drill a hole for the wiring for the 3rd LED brake light and mounting screw.

I will post pics tommorrow if I have some time.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Proto
    Mine mounted right into the USDM spots. No modification needed.

My usdm spoiler and VR4 spoiler are interchangable.
    and wereso on both of my GS's

use the exact same mounting points.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

My trunk didn't have a spoiler originally but it seemed the provisions where it where you would drill for the holes were different.

yea i dont have a oem spoiler also.. maybe it was only with the GS that the holes lined up properly?

GS came with spoilers from the factory. NOT as a dealer installed option.
    You'll see a lot of 7g's with spoilers that came with the car,
    but they'll also have a rear dash 3rd brake light(this is because the dealer installed the spoiler) so when they hit the brakes both the spoiler led and the rear dash 3rd light come on. There is nothing in this world I hate more than to see this.
    In my rear dash, the rear dash trim hasn't been cut and there is no 3rd brakelight housing.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yea weird i wonder if the 7g sohc models and 7g GS share the same trunk lid.... i already took my rear d eck 3rd brake light off and was getting ready to go over the whole rear deck with a new fabric so the spot for the 3rd brakelight is gone..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    yea weird i wonder if the 7g sohc models and 7g GS share the same trunk lid.... i already took my rear d eck 3rd brake light off and was getting ready to go over the whole rear deck with a new fabric so the spot for the 3rd brakelight is gone..
    the 94-96 are all the same trunk lids 97 98 were different cuz of the tails changing and im pretty sure they all have the same spoiler
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    so when they hit the brakes both the spoiler led and the rear dash 3rd light come on. There is nothing in this world I hate more than to see this.
    and everytime i brake i think of my disconnected brake light on the rear deck and i say "this is for john"

back in the day, i used to trigger the BOV. granted, my respects a paid in a manner less exciting, but still paid.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    the 94-96 are all the same trunk lids 97 98 were different cuz of the tails changing and im pretty sure they all have the same spoiler
    all the trunk lids are the same. the 7GB uses the same spoiler as the 94-96. it's only where tha tails are that there is a diffrence, structure wise and mounting spoiler wise they are identical.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    all the trunk lids are the same. the 7GB uses the same spoiler as the 94-96. it's only where tha tails are that there is a diffrence, structure wise and mounting spoiler wise they are identical.
    ok i knew it was the same wing but thought the trunk was slightly different because of the tails.. thanks
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    ok i knew it was the same wing but thought the trunk was slightly different because of the tails.. thanks
    it's only the tail cavity that is diffrent. where the 7GA has the red strip where it says galant they gave us a panel that is body colored that says galant.

the thing dave has for sale

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Ok I stand corrected from my previous post about the USDM mounting points not being the same as the VR4 wing. Its been awhile since I mounted the wing, but I checked this morning and yes..the provision marks are there on where to drill the holes for the mounting points for the spoiler.

Mine were off by half a inch because I wanted to mount the wing as near to the edge of the trunk lid and where the mounting points were marked wouldn't allow that so I drilled the holes a half inch closer to the edge of the trunk lid...my bad for the misinformation.:(
    Attached Images Attached Images

the pics and info are awesome guys! thanks so much. i imay mount my wing when i get home today

the pics and info are awesome guys! thanks so much. i imay mount my wing when i get home today
    just make sure you take your time. Get it lined up using the tap like 4grim did. And most of all take pics when you are done.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

i cant wait.. im also gettin the rear tails n garmishj from dave to do the taillight conversion

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    and everytime i brake i think of my disconnected brake light on the rear deck and i say "this is for john"

back in the day, i used to trigger the BOV. granted, my respects a paid in a manner less exciting, but still paid.
    well.. you used to be ballin.. what can u say

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast