The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What Upgrade would you recommend?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Speed Swap

22 48.89%
  • Nitrous

1 2.22%
  • Header / Exhaust

6 13.33%
  • Turbo

5 11.11%
  • Save the money for something else

11 24.44%

Thread: What upgrades do you recommend with $983.00

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 46
    Flight to Vegas and a night with Matt
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

with that you could easily afford this vr4 motorhttp://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-201102000.htm
    just add $20,000 for shipping

Headers.
    Exhaust.
    DC Strut Bar (or whatever one you like).
    Rotors, Brakes Stainless brake lines,,, maybe........big brake kit.
    Whatev. you want really.

Experienced TGC Member
    Pay next years insurance and registration.
    -Chris

$2 new amber bulbs.

$981 To my paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    $2 new amber bulbs.

$981 To my paypal.
    Funny

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22 View Post
    Pay next years insurance and registration.
    This is not a Performance upgrade but it makes a lot of sense. One less bill to worry about.

The best performance upgrade? Seriously... Save it as a down payment on a used Evo 8. :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Galant View Post
    i know that a auto could out shift any 5spd but yea some people like to have the nice loud chirp when they shift gears that wat i was basically gettin at but other wise i would stay auto cause some time in the stop n go place that 5spd can be very annoying i have experienced it..i mean i neva had a 5spd of my own but drove it and its fun on highways...but back to the topic lol
    so you would want a 5 spd just for the chirp sound? lmao...thats what you just said

as far as what you want to do it all depends on what the outcome is that you want...i would suggest that if you are going for performance as you stated that the 5spd would be the way to go it will more then likely be more then 1k total but that all depends on how much you get the parts for and what upgrades you plan on doing regarding the transmision. it will make the largest difference overall though.

after that i would say a nice catback etc (size depending on if your goal is going turbo or not)

so you would want a 5 spd just for the chirp sound? lmao...thats what you just said
    over here people will point and laugh at an auto with any mods. especially bigbore exhaust.

In seriousness, buy a nice muffler setup, and save the rest. Or like Quick said, pay future bills off, that way for all of 2009 you are set for your car insurance and registration. The next $900 you get can either get you ahead elsewhere or cover your addons for your ride later.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Just chill with the money. The economy is not the best right now, so as long as your car is running fine SAVE YOUR MONEY.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    save your money, but if you must, 5spd
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

kbeast
    Start ur turbo build u can fab one with that much or jdm body

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Galant View Post
    i know that a auto could out shift any 5spd but yea some people like to have the nice loud chirp when they shift gears that wat i was basically gettin at but other wise i would stay auto cause some time in the stop n go place that 5spd can be very annoying i have experienced it..i mean i neva had a 5spd of my own but drove it and its fun on highways...but back to the topic lol
    Until you own it and use the car as a daily driver you shouldn't make that opinion. I used to think the same, then i swapped and never been happier. Everytime i get in the car to even go to drycleaners it makes me feel like i'm in a race with my self. Its Fun! I drove an M35x the other day from brooklyn to philly, and let me tell ya.. I'd rather be driving stick. I couldn't figure out why that car drove the way it did. Something just seems out of place with its shifts. Stupid nissan! Overall a piece of crap, would never trade the G for it.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    Until you own it and use the car as a daily driver you shouldn't make that opinion. I used to think the same, then i swapped and never been happier. Everytime i get in the car to even go to drycleaners it makes me feel like i'm in a race with my self. Its Fun! I drove an M35x the other day from brooklyn to philly, and let me tell ya.. I'd rather be driving stick. I couldn't figure out why that car drove the way it did. Something just seems out of place with its shifts. Stupid nissan! Overall a piece of crap, would never trade the G for it.

agreed, even driving in traffic. the feel you have for the car, no auto can do. i daily drive mine and put 400 miles a week on it.

do some cheap upgrades and save the rest.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member
    5spd is much greater than an auto. I dont care what anyone says about autos shifting faster. 5spds (with good power) will pull on an auto anyday. 5spd will give you much more control of the car. Especially if you can double-clutch effectively (i think thats what they call it).

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    yea that is my opinion on the whole thing..yea i know that owning and drivin for a weekend is different but if just lived where there are long like highways like oklahoma is where i drove 5spd and i loved it but as for me i live in brooklyn and sometime being on the beltparkway is really crazy and havin 2 up and down shift that is very gay when u can have auto. but other then that they both have there up's and down's to them so it really depends on u...i drove a 12sec. eclipse when i drove in (ok) not the first i drove 5spd but i was scared out my ass neva been in something that fast but i loved it but sometimes u need a long ending road to really enjoy a 5spd car

Quote Originally Posted by 9g View Post
    pay for a ticket when you go 130mph on the freeway!
    lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by kbeast View Post
    Start ur turbo build u can fab one with that much or jdm body
    a whole turbo kit for under a $1000 ??? show me how cuz i spent close to 3k and still need few misc stuff to finish everything

anyway, like they all said use some of the money and save the rest, it sucks when those rainy days come and i know from experience, im using 80% from my tax return along with what i have saved to pay all my credit cards and using the left over for clothes shopping :D

but its your money and your decision
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast