The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2009 galant Radio Replaced

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Heated Heavy

2009 galant Radio Replaced

Hello everyone I'm new here. I got an 09 galant and recently replaced the radio with a kenwood and now the lcd screen uptop does not work just shows the time and e com is the message below. Its not connected to anything, what can I do with it?

its a common problem when replacing the radio on the 9g... best bet is to remove the bezel on top and just drag a piece of electrical tape around the whole bottom where it says ecom... then cover it back up with the bezel and looks just like stock.
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Heated Heavy
    Did you do that? If so can you post pics? And that sucks. No connectors?

what connectors did u need? i dont have the lcd display... but im sure there is a pic somwhere in the 9g section. It looks clean with the tape but yea it kinda sucks your stuck with it... ill try looking for the pic in a bit.
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    there is no way around it. you're stuck with it. i have it too.

Heated Heavy
    that sux

rocgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by Heated Heavy View Post
    that sux
    Isn't the e comm error addressed in the manual? I could have swore I saw it in the radio section of the owner's manual.

Heated Heavy
    it has a connection to the back of the factory radio so I can't connect it to my new radio. I just thought that there might be some kind of connector that could connect the 2.