The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ride quality need help and info

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

ride quality need help and info

hi i have an 03 es v6.i just put on used gtz springs with brand new kyb gr2 struts,brand new goodyear rsa tires,and eclipse stock strutbar,does the strut bar have those two brackets on back side dont hook up to anything?or might i not have all parts?anyway my ride quality seems crappy.when i hit bumps its like a big slam.and when i had teins with stock struts i hit bumps didnt seem to be as rough.wondering if i not used to it or if doesnt sound right to you guys.

Well the Eclipse STB connects to the firewall in the 3G Eclipse. The Galant being slightly longer doesn't allow for the bar to be bolted to the firewall.

The GTZ springs and GR2 struts should ride just fine. The GR2s are a factory replacement. My guess is that there is another issues, either the tire air pressure is way to high (or low) or the tires are really low on tread (not that the RSAs ride that well anyways). Recheck all the bolts and ensure everything is tight and kosher with the suspension.

Then redrive the car and see what is going on.

the tires are brand new.i ride fronts at 32psi and rear 30psi. is that the norm.my tech at mitsu.told me to run that.

That is the factory minimum pressures. I run 35psi front and rear. If the tires are new, that my guess is that the upper and lower spring seats were not installed, nor would I suspect the bumpstops where used.

spring seats bumpstops? i have no idea and no idea what they are lol.what are they?

whatever was stock on car i only have the springs from origonal take offs and when switched out teins with these gtz springs.all new as of few days ago.i assume what ever was on car stock was reused all times springs were switched unless im wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by 01nygalant View Post
    whatever was stock on car i only have the springs from origonal take offs and when switched out teins with these gtz springs.all new as of few days ago.i assume what ever was on car stock was reused all times springs were switched unless im wrong?
    The spring seats and bump stops (they call it a protective sleeve) are pictured here:

If they are missing ride quality can suffer. I'd guess they are not there.

yeah i dont think they are on.thanks for help.oh will they ruin anything if those are not on?

those come stock on the car?

yeah i dont think they are on.thanks for help.oh will they ruin anything if those are not on?
    those come stock on the car?
    Well, won't ruin anything immediately, but will allow the strut to bottom out, or travel outside its intended range on the vehicle. Which would make sense that you are complaining of poor performance over bumps.

And yes, they come stock on every vehicle. Unfortunately most mechanics don't think you need them and leave them out, or they aren't there anymore when you get the struts replaced. And since most (9 of 10) mechanics are clueless that vehicles have those things for a reason, they fail to reinstall or properly include the necessary replacement parts.

ok cool thanks