The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Want to go Skiing Any recommendations? PA Area

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    we decide on the house below, but just looking for other options by tomorrow, since we have to put the deposit down asap.

http://www.vacationhomes.com/20844

also, i got few admission, to the slopes my yuengling sales guy is giving me 10 free pass's ($50) a pop which works out since we have 10 people now. So we decided to get a better house since we dont have to pay anymore
    Ron that house isnt that bad since your dividing it up by 10 people, plus its pretty dope if it has a pool table and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

yeah $100 bucks a person for 3 nights, is a great deal. We'll prob rent a van and go up together in 1 car. pool table which with some creatively can be a beer pong table =)
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by Bezzle View Post
    Bear Creek Mountain.
    x4
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

What do you guys think i should wear?

Top:
    Beater
    Long Sleve Black Tee
    Thermal
    Another thicker Termal
    Sweatshirt
    Track Jacket
    Big ass coat

Bottom:
    Thermal
    Sweats
    Jeans
    Those Squesky Paints (waterproof ones)

Ill wear 2 socks with my old timberlands

Think thats good? or what are ur supposed to wear 1st time on a mountain.
    13 GTR

Top:
    Beater
    Long Sleve Black Tee
    Thermal
    Another thicker Termal
    Sweatshirt
    Track Jacket
    Big ass coat

Bottom:
    Thermal
    Sweats
    Jeans

You remind me of him.

2001 5 speed 4g64T

lol...my little ass dont got body fat i need to bundle up!
    13 GTR

Top:
    Beater
    Long Sleve Black Tee
    Thermal
    Another thicker Termal
    Sweatshirt
    Track Jacket
    Big ass coat

Bottom:
    Thermal
    Sweats
    Jeans

if you are snowboarding, you will want snowboarding pants and gloves since you will be spending alot of time sitting on your butt, hands and knees. snowboarding pants are waterproof and breathable as well as reinforced in the butt and knees. your gloves should be water proof and insulated. also if you are snowboarding you want to only wear 1 pair of cushy socks... but they should be wool or synthetic, NOT COTTON, 2 pairs will cause your foot to slip inside the snowboard boot (which are meant to be tight) and will promote blisters. also don't forget sunglasses (or goggles) and sunscreen... UV light is more intense on the mountain at higher elevations and will also be greatly increased by being reflected off the snow.

well... layering is good so you can strip off layers if you get too hot but the number one rule is NO COTTON. cotton is fine for the lodge or the cabin but on the hill you will get hot and sweaty (i know it seems crazy but you are exerting yourself). cotton ABSORBS moisture; this is NOT a good thing especially in the snow.. being cold, wet and miserable will ruin your day.

u want 3 layers:

1. base layer - long underpants and long undershirt made of synthetic or silk that transport moisture AWAY from the skin. do not wear the normal thermals made of cotton, they will be soggy after only a short while (imagine damp clothes under your outer layer!)

2. insulating layer - again bulky cotton sweatshirts and sweats are a no no. they will absorb everything like a sponge. look for a sweatsuit made of POLAR FLEECE or similar... NO COTTON!

3. outer layer - jacket and pants. these should be water repelling and windproof. do i have to say it again, NO COTTON? so no jeans. you can get away w/ a water repellent shell and pants here since the insulating layer will keep you warm.

i've been boarding since the early '90s and ski'd before that since the early '80s and here is what i wear now:

in COLD conditions:

THERMA SILK base layer
    NIKE polar fleece half zip jacket
    NIKE polar fleece pants
    BURTON hooded snowboard jacket
    BURTON cargo snowboard pants
    BURTON snowboard gloves
    BURTON tech socks
    BURTON wool beanie
    FLOW boa snowboard boots
    OAKLEY goggles

in warm weather (spring conditions) i substitute the NIKE polar fleece layer w/:

NIKE basketball shorts
    FOX RACING motorcross long sleeve jersey (thin)

^ this should go to "How to Tutorials"

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

If you're just learning, you should wear a helmet.

The first time you catch a heelside edge and SLAM onto your back, you'll either thank me for the advice, or curse yourself for not listening.
    Q

~~~~~~~~~~~
    8G (2002) ES 4G64

im only going tubbing, and maybe a trainer course in skiing like those little slopes nothing major. But thanks alot reelax for the clothes input, ill head over to the local spots and grab things you said.
    13 GTR

im only going tubbing, and maybe a trainer course in skiing like those little slopes nothing major. But thanks alot reelax for the clothes input, ill head over to the local spots and grab things you said.
    don't buy anything too expensive as this is your first time and you don't know if ur gonna do this often... just get what u feel comfortable w/. just remember no cotton. i only put a list of what i wear as an example... but i usually go on multi-day boarding trips 3+ times a year and have all my own gear including the 4WD SUV to get me up and back safe. trips are always more fun when u are prepared and have whatever u need in almost any situation... less stress = more fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12