The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how much oil?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    nightlife

how much oil?

how many quarts of oil are u suppose to put in the i-4 galant when ur changing ur oil?

I think the I4 and the V6 are the same. It's 5 quarts. Check your owners manual.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

the oil filter holds something like .3 quarts and the rest is 4.2 quarts. im not all the accurate so i just put in 5 and call it a day.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I tried to change my oil yesterday, and I ended up stripping the oil drain bolt...so now I gotta get it off, and buy a new one...it's only stripped on the outside, not the threads or anything severe like that
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Mgalant99
    I stripped it before too. Only cost .50 cents for the replacement from the dealer. I have been putting 4 quarts in, have not had any problems at all doing it. Oh well. I have to find a garage with a pit in it so that I can change my oil now, cause of the bodykit and the lowering. Maybe I'll just dig one up in my garage lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I tried to change my oil yesterday, and I ended up stripping the oil drain bolt...so now I gotta get it off, and buy a new one...it's only stripped on the outside, not the threads or anything severe like that</div>

just take a pair of vise grips on it. should come off,

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I tried to change my oil yesterday, and I ended up stripping the oil drain bolt...so now I gotta get it off, and buy a new one...it's only stripped on the outside, not the threads or anything severe like that</div>

just take a pair of vise grips on it. should come off,</div>

a kid at my job said thesame thing

2001 Galant ES

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mgalant99)</div><div class='quotemain'>I stripped it before too. Â*Only cost .50 cents for the replacement from the dealer.</div>

50 cents...the bolt cost me 3 dollars and change...f*ckin rip-oofs...
    and I still can't get it off...looks like I'm making a trip to the garage

2001 Galant ES

Aztec
    i call Mitsubishi and they said to use 41/2 qts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aztec)</div><div class='quotemain'>i call Mitsubishi Â*and they said to use 41/2 qts</div>

Yes, 4.5 qts is what the manual says too if you change out the oil filter too. I mean, who changes oil and not the filter anyway; that's stupid, lol.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

my dealer liked to charge me for 5 quarts. and kept my extra quart of my $4 mobile one synthetic when i started bringing my own oil. bastards :evil: no wonder they always bitched about my synthetic oil . i know the 2.4l takes 4 quarts to be a little over the full line(includes filter). i just put 3 and 3/4 to get it between the lines. i take my car to a local oil change place now . atleast now i can stand by my car and watch them do it .
    2001 I4 White ES
    Injen intake
    Arospeed bomb
    Magnecore wires
    Denso iridiums
    Gdi stb
    Alpine cd
    polk components
    2 alpine 10s
    2003 17inch eclipse gt rims
    Yokohama tires

TGC Regular
    i put in exactly 4 quarts and the i check and its up to the line so i dont bother putting in any more 5 quarts id think it would be do nothin but burn it off
    - Atba

Manual, Dealership, and most oil change shops all say 4.5 Quarts for the 2.4 I4