The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just for fun.....

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    TrnsAm

Just for fun.....

So lookin to boost an 8g-4g64. I dont want 400hp or anything along those lines really. Id just like to make the 4cyl real fun to drive. 250 is good by me. I know with 300 plus its def a good idea for piston swaps....so my question would be....is it possible to run completely stock with about 8psi running thro the motor? does it become unreliable? is this kit worth it or is it an over-price?
    http://www.maxrev.com/catalogs/01-Mi...lipse-4G64.pdf

I'm new to forced induct. I've always had massive displacement motors in my cars. So any help/advice is much welcomed.

Thnx.
    -Soxx

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    seeing theres a picture of a vtec controller listed in eclipse application... im not sure if id buy from them

well check club3g and see what they think..u could also see if anyone over there is sellin misc. turbo parts for cheaper save you tons..

and i dont think the SAFC is included so if ya worried about the advertised pic of the controller u dont always have to buy that one haha but see what a club3g member thinks about this..

TrnsAm
    hah yea i dont kno wth thats about. didn't see that before.

is it possible to run completely stock with about 8psi running thro the motor?

Yes, im running 6psi stock, soon going to 10psi as other members already are on stock 4g64 blocks.

does it become unreliable?

That depends on parts you use, and the tune you get, my car is just as reliable as it was stock. I have no issues, if you do it right the 1st time im sure your not going to have problems.

is this kit worth it or is it an over-price?

no, the price seems good, alot of people think to turbo a car is cheep which it isnt. So if your okay with spending close to 3K then i think you will have a Reliable and Fun daily. Also check out the Evo setup's which members like (Qnz & Goosey) have, also check out club3g.com for turbo kits which members sell.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/
    Last edited by IceDouTGaLanT; 02-09-2009 at 08:40 PM
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

8 psi is reasonable to put on the stock block. its all in the tuning. i think roman is around 250hp on 12 psi but hes 5-speed. Paul dyno'd at 210hp at 10 psi and Automatic. they both have evo8 setups. I will by dynoing this week @ 15psi. i'll let you guys know if it blows up.

that downpipe looks nice
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

for that amount of money you can piece a turbo kit yourself and get better stuff than whats in that kit, thats what i did and it was fun to hunt down some good deals
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

the block itself should withstand the power, cracking them or blowing a hole through them is going to be quite a task, the question is if the pistons and rods will be able to take the faster revs. I'm pretty sure they could, if the 64 is anything like the 63 you should be able to push 16psi safely without even close to popping the motor. it also depends on how much miles you have on your motor.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    for that amount of money you can piece a turbo kit yourself and get better stuff than whats in that kit, thats what i did and it was fun to hunt down some good deals

and your not boosted :p

Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    and your not boosted :p
    i will be i promise you

back on topic, a member on club3g pushed 339WHP with a GT35R just to prove that our block can handle, now that is of course too much power for the stock motor but if thats the case then running 250whp shouldnt be a problem with the right equipment and the right tuning
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I would piece it together.. You could get better quality stuff for the same price that you would spend on that kit.

if your only looking for 250hp you can piece together a nice setup. Evo 16g with 10.5 hot side, dsm ex.manifold, Evo intercooler piping (needs some modifications), Evo blow off valve, ecuflash, basically you can translate the whole Evo turbo setup into your car for way cheaper then $3100. but most important thing is tune! dont be cheap when you hire a tuner.

look on www.evolutionm.net for some good deals.

oh and another important thing is to check your compression on all 4cyl.s to see if your motor is even a good candidate for boost.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    if your only looking for 250hp you can piece together a nice setup. Evo 16g with 10.5 hot side, dsm ex.manifold, Evo intercooler piping (needs some modifications), Evo blow off valve, ecuflash, basically you can translate the whole Evo turbo setup into your car for way cheaper then $3100. but most important thing is tune! dont be cheap when you hire a tuner.

look on www.evolutionm.net for some good deals.

oh and another important thing is to check your compression on all 4cyl.s to see if your motor is even a good candidate for boost.

GL

doesn't ECUflash only work on 02-up models?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.