The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Adjustable Lower Control Arms ????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Adjustable Lower Control Arms ????

I went to get a alignment done on my 01 g. I came back to pick up the car and the guy said my car was to low. The guy explaned to me that if he bring the camber out the top of the tire would be in the fender. He said the only way that he could do it was I would have to get adjustable lower control arms. Or have my cut and welded back together to bring the bottom of the tire in so he can bring the upper part of the tire out. So does anyone know if anyone makes adjustable lower control arms for the 8G or if there is something else i can do. I dont want to cut these and have them welded back together. thanks for the help.

I have come across adjustable control arms for the rear but not the front. What r u dropped on ?? Unless you are slammed with an extremely negative camber then you shouldn't have a problem getting an alignment

You can get a camber kit and fix your camber a lil to bring it back withing the factory setting
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I need them for the rear do you know how makes them? Im on tien s techs. I went to a couple of places and they all said the same thing. I looked at it and it makes sense what there saying. Im -3 on rear camber

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

For the rear they should just space out the upper control arm with a set of shims.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

We have a tutorial around here somewhere or you can just buy the ingall camber kit
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I have the camber kit. I need to be able to shorten the lower control arms

there are megan rear trailing arms on ebay, and they are adjustable, but they are expensive and i dont think youll achieve what you want.

You want to make them short which means you have to cut both lateral and toe rear arms, and get these adjustable ones to compensate the other two. And not to mention that the whole idea is redicilous and its not worth the efford or the money and it will make your rear wheelbase shorter
    Last edited by mko; 02-12-2009 at 04:31 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

im pretty sure you dont since there are a ton of people running the same setup including me that only had to get a camber kit. maybe u should see another mechanic
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by a023785 View Post
    I have the camber kit. I need to be able to shorten the lower control arms
    there is no way u r running more negative amber than I am since I'm slammed in the rear and my tires are tuckin inside the rear quarter panels. Go and see few different shops
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I went to a few shops the all said the same thing. Im tuckin rear tire right now. I have been asking people and going to shops for a few weeks now. I not lazy I look around a lot before putting up this thread. Just tryin to fin out if anyone else ran in to this?

hmmm u must have some blown shocks
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

I went to a few shops the all said the same thing. Im tuckin rear tire right now. I have been asking people and going to shops for a few weeks now. I not lazy I look around a lot before putting up this thread. Just tryin to fin out if anyone else ran in to this?
    size of the wheels and offset?

cut or roll your fenders, and add the camber kit. problem solved. unless you just wanna buy skinnier tires

I need them for the rear do you know how makes them? Im on tien s techs. I went to a couple of places and they all said the same thing. I looked at it and it makes sense what there saying. Im -3 on rear camber
    Do you have like 4000 pounds of stereo equipment in your trunk or something? Or dead bodies, you shouldn't be that low on springs unless your struts are like 400 years old
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

There is no need to shorten the lower control arms, that is a stupid idea. What is needed is an adjustable camber plate for the upper front strut mount.

How much camber do you still have after the camber kit?
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Banned
    I'm having the SAME EXACT problem and i was gonna start a new thread until i saw this one. I'm currently riding on 225/40/18's with 8.5 +40 offset and GR-2's and Megan springs all around, and i rolled my rear QP. I have a 2" drop in the back so i'm tucking half of the tire's sidewall. The neg camber's been beatin eatin away are my rear tires so i had to do something about it.

Yesterday I took my car to a shop to have them install my Ingalls camber kit and straighten out my rear wheels. They said even though my rear QP are rolled, my rear wheels are 8.5 wide so they STILL will hit the QP. WTF am i supposed to do now? lol

I figuered maybe get some adapters(if they sell those for Galants/Eclipse?) to put under my rear spring to maybe that raise the rear up an 1"?

I'm not sure what else are my options at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post
    I'm having the SAME EXACT problem and i was gonna start a new thread until i saw this one. I'm currently riding on 225/40/18's with 8.5 +40 offset and GR-2's and Megan springs all around, and i rolled my rear QP. I have a 2" drop in the back so i'm tucking half of the tire's sidewall. The neg camber's been beatin eatin away are my rear tires so i had to do something about it.

Yesterday I took my car to a shop to have them install my Ingalls camber kit and straighten out my rear wheels. They said even though my rear QP are rolled, my rear wheels are 8.5 wide so they STILL will hit the QP. WTF am i supposed to do now? lol

I figuered maybe get some adapters(if they sell those for Galants/Eclipse?) to put under my rear spring to maybe that raise the rear up an 1"?

i see ur in the same boat as me if you find anything let me know thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post

you mean helper springs? or do you mean the block that raise the car up. (which I wouldn't recommend)

The problem with the Megan adjustable trailing arms is that there is no bracket for the sway link.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Banned
    helper springs? never heard of that.

nor a block that raises the car up.

hmmm I am about to drop on teins I dont want the allignment issues I figured that tiens would be fine U wasn't planning on tucking my 18s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast