The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4 dohc timing system

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

2.4 dohc timing system

I would like to know can i use 2g lower time belt cover with the dohc 2.4 setup. oil pump as well

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    not sure about the cover but i know you dont have to change the oil pump use the same one you have.. the only timing components you need from the 4g64 DOHC are the cam gears and the timing belt oh and the spark plugs have to be for the 4g64 dohc
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

also make sure the cams are grounded to 2.4 specs rather than 2.0 specs

because the spockets are in different places.

oooo ok thanks

you can use the 63 cam gears. you just need to advance both of them 1/2 tooth.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    I would like to know can i use 2g lower time belt cover with the dohc 2.4 setup. oil pump as well
    I would venture to speculate that it will fit, just like mine on the EVO/DOHC swap. The lower EVO cover fits the 4G64 block, but I have about 1/4" gap between the middle and upper covers. I also have a small gap around the bracket for the power steering pump, I dont know how the brackets look on the 7g blocks, so im not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    you can use the 63 cam gears. you just need to advance both of them 1/2 tooth.
    Could i buy two Galant 4G64 Cam Gears for the SOHC

TGC Regular
    I dont belive so i think they are different sizes

Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    Could i buy two Galant 4G64 Cam Gears for the SOHC
    you realize that the cam gears are made for the timing belt. a SOHC belt has less teeth than a DOHC belt.

stop tring to cut corners
    Last edited by kolio; 03-20-2009 at 07:01 PM

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

TGC Regular
    Kool aha i just amde an educated guess. thanks for backing that up kolio!!!!!

Cutting corners? 2 New DOHC cam gears is less than $50. I'm sorry, but such a question just shows this project is beyond you and is almost irritating to read now.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe