The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2G Eclipse catback exhaust compatibility with 7G Galant?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

2G Eclipse catback exhaust compatibility with 7G Galant?

Someone local to me is selling this:

For like $300US

It's pretty much brand new but I'm not sure if this is going to fit onto my International spec E84A Galant VR4

I know for a fact that the rear gas tank part number shares between my galant and the AWD Eclipse so my guess is that the floorpan is actually the same.

But I am not too sure, would anyone know for sure?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    IS the exhaust for a FWD Eclipse or a AWD eclipse? If its for a FWD...its not going to work unless you modify the exhaust routing.

Also you may have a issue for the front part of the catback since its designed for a 4G63 downpipe and not your 6A12tt downpipe in your VR4.

Either or...its going to take some modifying of that exhaust to fit your E84A VR4 7g.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    IS the exhaust for a FWD Eclipse or a AWD eclipse? If its for a FWD...its not going to work unless you modify the exhaust routing.

Also you may have a issue for the front part of the catback since its designed for a 4G63 downpipe and not your 6A12tt downpipe in your VR4.

Either or...its going to take some modifying of that exhaust to fit your E84A VR4 7g.
    he says it's for AWD Eclipse. I'm not too worried about the downpipe part because it's a catback.

The cat sits in the same place for 4G63 and 6A12. The rest is in this package.

I think we might have something here...

background: European Mitsubishi Galant AWD with 6G73.
    foreground: Eclipse Turbo AWD exhaust system.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Looks like it should fit.. Just make sure the hangers are the same..

yeah they all look like they'd line up. Except for #12 but it's only turned 90 degrees should be an easy fix with a different hanger rubber.